Old April 20, 2002, 12:05   #1
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 23:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The pillage tile improvement bug
Had a discussion with Dale on civfanatics the other day while poly was down.
When destroying/absorbing another city the tile imps get left behind. I was feeling that i want to get rid of them so the AI can't just come back and refound the city with all the improvments in place.
Tried and got a crash to desktop! Apparently this is a CTP2 bug, not a mod specific bug? Any idea's how to stop this happening?
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old April 20, 2002, 12:25   #2
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Don't pillage anything outside anyone's borders

Seriously though, to fix this you'd have to have access to the source code, I think. Or use SLIC to destroy any tile-imps outside borders automatically...
Old April 20, 2002, 12:31   #3
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
Don't pillage anything outside anyone's borders

Seriously though, to fix this you'd have to have access to the source code, I think. Or use SLIC to destroy any tile-imps outside borders automatically...
Unfortunatly it doesn't matter how you pillage or distroy a tile improvement. If it has no owner than the game crash, you can use slic or pillage it directly no chance.

But of course you can play Cradle or MedPack2 or GoodMod, these mods contain a small piece of slic that prevents everyone from pillaging an neutral tile improvement, that is in GoodMod really necessary, because there are lot of tile improvment owned by noone on the map.

-Martin
Old April 20, 2002, 12:42   #4
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Unfortunatly it doesn't matter how you pillage or distroy a tile improvement. If it has no owner than the game crash, you can use slic or pillage it directly no chance.
Then destroy them before the border dissappears...
Old April 20, 2002, 12:59   #5
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
Then destroy them before the border dissappears...
Actual I prefer the code that just says no. By the way you could place a fort in the place where the city was. If I remember corectly than the AI won't settle on an already occupied place. Why not leave a unit threre just to kill stupid settlers that want to refound the city.
Old April 20, 2002, 19:07   #6
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 23:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
................ By the way you could place a fort in the place where the city was. If I remember corectly than the AI won't settle on an already occupied place. Why not leave a unit threre just to kill stupid settlers that want to refound the city.
If i had a spare 1500-2000 pw i would! At the momment ALL my troops are occupied holding onto what they've got - i just know that the AI will re-settle this place
I've never come across this problem before........and i'm a 'tidy' player - i like to keep stuff neat. Strange. I was also surprised that i had never(that i can remember) seen this problem mentioned before.
So it's not easily fixable?Not even a bit of SLIC that removes all TI's around a city when it is destroyed/absorbed? If the TI's look for ownership(which is the reason for the crash) then that must mean they are accountable to a particular city......shouldn't be too hard should it..........i hope?
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old April 20, 2002, 19:21   #7
Locutus
Deity

I think it's entirely possible, if not by default then at least as an option, but someone will have to devote some time to coding it