Old April 20, 2002, 21:24   #1
Richelieu
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 19:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
How do you get a moderator to come here ?
Seriously,

Whatever personnality conflict there may be between Civman2000 and Ming, it seems to me that he's been doing a hell of a job keeping this forum alive.

Come on Mods, give him a chance ! Nobody's been taking care of this place since Anatolia left, except for Civman2000.
Old April 20, 2002, 21:56   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:19
don't give me that much credit...steele was the one that started the story contest...and I'm not that bad off with ming (i dont think )...but really, why hasnt anyone come?

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old April 20, 2002, 22:38   #3
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 18:19
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
Yeah really, Civman should be the moderator, Steele started it, but he's got other stuff going on, and we need a moderator!!
Old April 20, 2002, 22:47   #4
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I'm honored! MWAHAHAHA Sovy Kurosei shall feel my wrath!!!

Just joking

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old April 20, 2002, 22:52   #5
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

I move that if Civman is made moderator, he cannot use his powers for the stifling of Sovy, c'mon Civman, Sovy's friggin cool
Old April 21, 2002, 01:02   #6
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

No Crisis too big or small in any Civ III succession game can stop me...

Heheheheh

Oh well, Civman is pretty active... Yeah, he can be a mod :P
Old April 21, 2002, 09:02   #7
civman2000
Emperor

the thread in the community forum got turned into a spam thread by a few idiots ...

Old April 21, 2002, 11:20   #8
Richelieu
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 19:19
I don't think any of us will be made moderator, but it would be nice if at least one person could have the same "privileges" as Anatolia.

Apologies to Steele : you're right Civman, he started it... but you're here now.
Old April 21, 2002, 13:43   #9
civman2000
Emperor

I pretty much do have those priviledges...we just need someone to sticky threads and close messed up threads and little things like that...

Old April 22, 2002, 17:20   #10
civman2000
Emperor

woohoo ming has come!

Old April 23, 2002, 00:53   #11
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

To be honest with you... it has been a low priority on this forum.
You guys are civilized

There are far worse forums that demand FAR more of our intention. In addition, many people PM us to top threads, and in most cases, it's just more BS.

Now, it seems apparent that you have somebody that speaks for you, and isn't making a request just to make a request.

I will try to be more responsive in the future. I will respond to PM's whenever I come on line and see them.

I hope this helps
Old April 23, 2002, 01:05   #12
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Metaliturtle and all who represent him and his business enterprises, hereby declare, Ming, once agian, officially cool. That's coolness you can't buy.
Old April 23, 2002, 01:11   #13
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Metaliturtle
Metaliturtle and all who represent him and his business enterprises, hereby declare, Ming, once agian, officially cool. That's coolness you can't buy.
Thanks... usually, people are calling us something else
Old April 23, 2002, 01:13   #14
Metaliturtle
staff
King

yeah, well, people who complain about forums just tend to make the whole thing suck for everyone else, and usually result in the good forums becoming worthless, this hasn't happened here as far as I can remember through reading, and certainly not since I started posting again
Old April 23, 2002, 01:23   #15
Ming
lifer
Retired

We try to keep all the forums a good experience for everybody.
Unfortunately, we can't be everywhere all the time.

I really only check this forum if a complaint comes in, because this is not a "red flag" forum... again... too civilized

I now know you have some real needs... I will try my best to provide them. It's not like you guys are asking for that much of our time...
Old April 23, 2002, 01:59   #16
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Aight Ming, we down wit dat I think
Old April 23, 2002, 11:09   #17
civman2000
Emperor

yeah...i've looked at the general and community forums and I understand why they need to moderated a lot...but this one is nice and peaceful so it's only constructive moderating (aka stickying, etc) that we need....