Old April 21, 2002, 15:09   #1
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 18:20
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Do Any Of You Visit The AC Fiction Forum?
I'm sure that most of the long time vets here to occasionly. But I see a lot of new faces here in the Generaly forum and just wondered if any of you all visit and read the fiction. There are some really great stories that have gone past the veil of 5 days. Many going far back into the past. Sometimes just taking an event from a game and drawing it out into a story is a really good read. It's a rich universe in SMAC and interesting characters. Come on over and let us know in the different comments sections. We really are interested in your feedback and some of your ideas. I'm sure that there may even be a few writers that would like to try their imagination out on a short story or a longer one. I hope to see ya'll there.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old April 21, 2002, 19:16   #2
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 20:20
Well, my last SMAC game was played... six months ago, I guess. But I'm willing to return to it as soon as I can. Then I will surely visit the AC Fiction Forum.

I may even try to write some short stories... If you can forgive my bad English, of course...

Oh, I'm getting this desire to play SMAC right now, just as I write this. Such is the power of a glorious game.
Old April 23, 2002, 06:18   #3
Verrucosus
Prince

Local Time: 00:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Having read the first volume of the Spartan Chronicles over Christmas, I am aware that there are a number of talented writers on the fiction forum. Remembering the picture of that Morganite "Trade Delegation" chewing Chiron pine apples in Worker's Nest still brings back a smile.

At the moment, I enjoy playing Civ2 again (one must not forget the old classics), so I do not visit the SMAC forums as often. I am sure that I will enter a SMAC phase again at some point and look forward to reading the stories that people have written about the SMAC universe.

Regards,
Verrucosus
Old April 23, 2002, 07:24   #4
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 02:20
I do.
Old April 23, 2002, 07:53   #5
aaglo
King

I once went there... And I didn't know anything the people was talking about. I thought it was some kind of conference about planning the world domination, so I got out of there quickly. I didn't understand the meaning for that. And I guess I still don't.

Is it for people who have no other life than imagining things about Alpha Centauri?
Old April 23, 2002, 08:17   #6
Alex
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by aaglo
I once went there... And I didn't know anything the people was talking about. I thought it was some kind of conference about planning the world domination, so I got out of there quickly.

On the other hand, I find your sarcasm extremely annoying.
Old April 23, 2002, 08:35   #7
aaglo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexnm
On the other hand, I find your sarcasm extremely annoying.
Oh, that's okay, because I am an extremely annoying person

NNNGGJAAAH!
Old April 23, 2002, 09:33   #8
Alex
Emperor

Quote:

Oh, that's okay, because I am an extremely annoying person

NNNGGJAAAH!

I like people with a good sense of humor...
Old April 23, 2002, 11:25   #9
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
I once went there... And I didn't know anything the people was talking about. I thought it was some kind of conference about planning the world domination, so I got out of there quickly. I didn't understand the meaning for that. And I guess I still don't.

Is it for people who have no other life than imagining things about Alpha Centauri?
It's for people who are talented enough to fit one more thing into their lives.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old April 26, 2002, 01:49   #10
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

Local Time: 19:20
Actually, in my case Aaglo is pretty much on the money here. In my free time I'm always thinking sci-fi, fantasy, and other creative writing. My Alpha Centauri output at 97k words is my second-largest work to date (and, if I don't get on with my other work, will soon become the largest hands down).
Old April 26, 2002, 03:16   #11
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 09:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
In my free time I'm always thinking sci-fi, fantasy, and other creative writing.
Agreed. But Beyond Alpha Centauri gets into my head so much I can barely think about other fictional works! And so my novel is still only one and a half chapters long.
Old April 26, 2002, 03:21   #12
aaglo
King

BOOOM! Beyond Alpha Centauri is way beyond my head... and I don't consider myself as a writer.... so these stories aren't my bread...
Old April 27, 2002, 21:09   #13
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

i was reading Unity a while back after i saw it was the winning story in the fiction contest which only 2 people entered. has SMAC fanatic added anything new to it lately?
Old April 29, 2002, 07:22   #14
BigRich
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Warlord

Local Time: 23:20
I do - and man are there some good writers out there. I particularly liked 'Wizard of Chiron' - great plot, and 'The Forgotten Faction' - for pure comic relief. 'If we do this... and this... and this, then we can improve tracking capability by 40% - and get the stereo working again to boot' And the running Progenitor translation joke.
Started reading 'Joe' but ran out of lunchbreak time that day. Very atmospheric, will have to finish that one. The longer ones like 'Spartan Chronicles' and 'Beyond Alpha Centauri' I've only dipped into.

Rich
Old May 7, 2002, 01:10   #15
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 13:20
Heeheehee...

BAC lives on! Support the Greater Hive Empire!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old May 14, 2002, 01:31   #16
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
Heeheehee...

BAC lives on! Support the Greater Hive Empire!

We got a nice punishment sphere with Yang's name on it in Sparta. Is that what you meant?
Old May 14, 2002, 03:12   #17
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 13:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

We got a nice punishment sphere with Yang's name on it in Sparta. Is that what you meant?
Dang! Sprayber has found me!
Must move my Hive propaganda once again!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis