Old January 6, 2003, 14:10   #211
ColDark
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMDiplomacy
Prince

Local Time: 23:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I'm In another game with both SITS and Qantaga. That game is also stalled.

Terry Pratchett
Old January 13, 2003, 18:14   #212
dinoarms
Warlord

Local Time: 18:23
KK

Please post to Qantaga to try to find out what's up. PM him as well please.
Old January 13, 2003, 19:47   #213
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:23
I am in a duel with qantaga that has also stalled-- I know he has had some major RL stuff going on but have not heard anything from him since before Christmas. I would hate to see this game die . Its like the guy that crawls to the finish line at a marathon . . . you really hope he makes it.
Old January 13, 2003, 23:48   #214
KrysiasKrusader
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Spartans
King

All my games with Qantaga (4 in total ), have stalled...

He has always been quite reliable. Let us patience a little further.
Old January 14, 2003, 18:19   #215
Viriato
Prince

Hello all,

Finally I got my PC running again. Unfortunately it seems I haven't missed much, only 1 turn in a month .

Thanks for replacing me Mongoose.

Viriato
Old January 24, 2003, 20:17   #216
Viriato
Prince

Are we quitting?
Old January 24, 2003, 22:19   #217
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I think we should probably give up on Qantaga- and get a replacement-- No matter the reason for the delay, I am sure he would understand that we had to move on.

This game has been very very slow but whenever a turn comes my way, I will play it-- I hope the game survives
Old January 25, 2003, 05:29   #218
dinoarms
Warlord

I am for a replacement....Temporary preffered as Q was a co-founder of this game...Who ever sent to him please make sure you have completed the neccessary protocols and then contact Misotu or whoever the CMN is...Misotu is back...I can get a hold of her if you want
Old January 25, 2003, 10:57   #219
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

I have the PW, you recall. Just tell me where to send it.
Old January 26, 2003, 18:53   #220
ColDark
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMDiplomacy
Prince

I'm working away for four days so my internet access may be sporadic. In case I get a turn while I'm away...

Cheers

ColDark

Terry Pratchett
Old January 29, 2003, 19:37   #221
Viriato
Prince

Hercules is willing to play. I vote for him.
Old February 12, 2003, 01:04   #222
KrysiasKrusader
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Spartans
King

Okay... Let's call it.

Everything just seems to be dragging here.

I'm no veteran at SMAC PBEM, but in my experience so far, I can start detecting when a game is on the skids. I also reviewed the thread, and see that this was no barn burner either.

Let's take this one off of our hard drives, and catch one another in other games on the boards.

Old February 12, 2003, 03:56   #223
ColDark
Prince

I gotta say I'm a bit peeved with the time it's taking - I'm gonna pull out of this one too.

really sorry guys.

ColDark

Terry Pratchett
Old February 12, 2003, 06:27   #224
dinoarms
Warlord

Oh oh

Guys I have been playing this from the beginning.....approximately a year and a half. So I really don't want to give it up. My turn rate has always been reasonable to excellent. Could you stay and see how things pan out with the arrival of Hercules...I did not push this last delay because Qantaga was also an original player.

Dinoarms
Old February 12, 2003, 08:37   #225
ColDark
Prince

I think my turn rate has been good too, I will stay - but we need to get this going again and soon.

Terry Pratchett
Old February 12, 2003, 12:35   #226
Flubber
Deity

I think we should continue it as well-- If there are people who, quite understandably, want to quit I can respect that. This game has taken far too long.

It appears qantaga is gone-- get hercules or someone in his place and lets move on. Mongoose has everyone'e passwords and if other players want to quit we can

1. get other replacements
2. burn a faction or two to the ground and countinue with 4-6 players-- This WOULD spped things up but it may change the game dynamics a lot as people lose allies or enemies-- it would be interesting trying to occupy all that terraformed land though
Old February 12, 2003, 14:39   #227
ColDark
Prince

It's not just qantaga, what about SITS - I have emailed him once, and got a reply, but he still hasn't shown up on the thread.

We may need to replace SITS too.

Terry Pratchett
Old February 12, 2003, 19:36   #228
dinoarms
Warlord

how long have we waited for SITS these last few turns?
Old February 21, 2003, 18:33   #229
Flubber
Deity

well -- a lot of the delay is in the fact that none of us are following up on this game-- the faster games were the ones where if the turn was " missing" for a few days, someone was emailing around to find it-- I think we all have stopped doing this

If we want to resurrect this, I am still game-- mongoose has all the passwords and we could play with whomever is left--
Old February 21, 2003, 19:46   #230
ColDark
Prince

Sorry guys, count me out - it was fun while it lasted - but hasn't been fun for too long now. I'm only into two SMAC/X games, and both have stalled major league. I am active in two Civ3PTW games - both of these happily still running.

Please accept my apologies - I am bowing out of this one. Mongoose has the passwords should anyone want to replace me.

Terry Pratchett
Old March 14, 2003, 12:15   #231
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

What have you all decided here? May I delete all references to this game from my HD?
Old March 14, 2003, 14:41   #232
ColDark
Prince

I'm out - sorry mongoose - thanks for your efforts - but as far as I'm concerned this game is dead.

Sorry to the rest of the guys too.

Terry Pratchett
Old March 14, 2003, 17:41   #233
Flubber
Deity

Hey mongoose

Is there any way we could make use of this half completed game and the fact that all the passwords are available ??

How about a duel where I take my gaians and the Pks ( we were pacted) and you choose 4 factions ( since I think those two were strong)and give me the 7th place guy. IIRC there were at least 4 maybe 5 factions that looked strong in the powergraphs ( for whatever thas worth

It would prove nothing as to game skills since I have no idea who would have the better start-- Heck it could be wildly unbalanced one way of the other-- but it might be all right for a laugh.

Or we could eradicate a faction or two and play with some other combination
Old March 15, 2003, 13:35   #234
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Missed this post...I must not be subscribed to this thread.

I'll take a look at it and get back to you, Flubber. I only ever looked at the one turn I played as a sub for Viriato, been a long time ago now. I can't recall a thing about it except that he had the VW.
Old March 16, 2003, 17:16   #235
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

I'll pass Flubber. Being on the receiving end of an attack by a player wtih a monopoly on D:AP isn't too fun in the best of circumstances. I'm eating my fill of that dish in ACT 059.
Old April 17, 2003, 02:09   #236
dinoarms
Warlord

Having only played one other SMAC Pbem I have little to compare to...but it seems to me that noone really ever
followed up re the 48 hour rule except me. For the first half I spurned on this process my messgaging and Pm'ing
others to do so. I don't really understand why as everyone else seemed to be keen on playing. Perhaps it was becuase it was a non-alllyable 7 player ffa...maybe just too many players. But that was the idea.

It was good playing with everyone that has been in this game and i hope that if i ever play a SMAC pbem game that I see you folks again. I learned alot

Bye
Old April 17, 2003, 08:26   #237
Flubber
Deity

dino

Having someone following up is what keeps games going. Even games involving the most reliable players can sometimes stall from something as simple as an email misfire. I appreciated your diligence in prodding the game along.

Personally I will NEVER play a 7 player PBEM again. I have tried it a few times and NONE of them got finished. My 3, 4 or 5 player gamesb by contrast have had a pretty high finish rate.
Old April 17, 2003, 10:32   #238
ColDark
Prince

I'll echo flubs sentiments here Dino, I appreciated your efforts in pushing things along in this game.

It is sad to see games die, but I also thing games with lots of players are almost certainly doomed. The other thing with large numbers of players is the length of time it takes for turns to come around, I often forgot what was going on in the game.

This game died about the same time as my other SMAC/X games too, maybe cos SITS and Qantaga were in both of them as well, I know that they had RL issues - but, it was also around the time of the arrival of Civ3 - how much did that have to do with things?

I have cut down on my PBEMs now, I started in a 5 player, and a 3 player CIV3 PTW game, the 5 player has already stalled and died - the 3 player is still going though.

Anyway - that's my thoughts done and dusted

ColDark

Terry Pratchett