Chieftain

Local Time: 23:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
999999999 glitch?
Well, i read somewhere about offering
You-Peace Treaty
Them -Peace Treaty and 999999999 per turn
They will say yes
After the first turn, you get all that money.
After another you lose it all
So if i were to declare war on them, would i be able to keep it>
But it works real well. I had a game where i was being destroyed, and i dont play it any more. So i went and bought all of the oponents cities except their capitals for a lot of money. And they all took all the units they got back and sent them out to war against each other. So i took my cavalry and took 2 of the capitals. But then the next turn, i had no money, and im trying to see if anyone else tried this
Old April 22, 2002, 14:47   #2
AJ Corp. The FAIR
Prince

Local Time: 00:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I don't cheat my friend

Kind of don't need it

AJ

PS: what's 'strategic' about your thread?

PPS: I already know: your strategy was about daring to post here while it should have been on general

edit:

PPPS: I just realize this may be considered the second time this week that I'm on your back ... don't bother though ... in real life I'm kind of a wimp actually

NOT!

Last edited by AJ Corp. The FAIR; April 22, 2002 at 14:53.
Old April 22, 2002, 16:20   #3
PatLasch
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:24
By the way, that 999999999 gold per turn doesn't work on the newest patches.
Old April 22, 2002, 16:39   #4
AlecTrevylan00
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:24
1. I dont usually cheat. I just had this one game were i had three citys that i was my first game ever. I just wanted to test it out, and i thought it kind of fun to buy the whole damn japanese empire. Moneys useless if youve got only your capital, and its in civil disorder

And I posted in general last month and it didnt get responded to cause it was booted to the bottom of the forum within an hour
Old April 22, 2002, 21:42   #5
Coracle
Prince

Local Time: 18:24
Funny all this concern about "cheating". The AI does it constantly and in the most outrageous ways.

No, Civ 2 did NOT cheat like this; it just gave the AI higher percentages in combat results, for examples. Civ 3 cheats secretly. Or tries to.
Old April 23, 2002, 00:56   #6
gopher
Warlord

Local Time: 19:24
Cheating makes gaming feel cheap. Going through Civ3 (even better, Civ2) without reloads makes the game so much better. If you are getting bored with the game, try it.

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion
Old April 23, 2002, 01:14   #7
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:24
Yes AlecTrevylan00. Despite what these puritan-meanies would have you believe many people tried that cheat on lower levels with 1.07

But if you play with any of the patches, it is gone. No more fun when you find yourself in a disadvantaged position.
Old April 23, 2002, 01:15   #8
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

i still don't understand how the ai cheats.

how is it coracle? you repeat this ad naseum.

the ai is following the rules it was programmed with. how is that cheating? examples please.
Old April 23, 2002, 01:48   #9
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

If by "cheating", you mean the AI has advantages that can be changed in the editor, then, yes, the AI does cheat.
Old April 23, 2002, 01:52   #10
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ixnay37
If by "cheating", you mean the AI has advantages that can be changed in the editor, then, yes, the AI does cheat.
thats my point. the ai has been given advantages on the upper levels, just as the human has been given advantages on the lower levels. The AI is just fulfilling the goals of its programming. Is this cheating? I dont' know. perhaps it is more of a philisophical question.
Old April 23, 2002, 02:07   #11
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
Everything the AI gets in the higher diff levels is what makes them higher difficulty. I could understand if on Chieftain a whorde of Cavalry rushed you in 3750 BC, being considered cheating, but if the game is more difficult and you're playing a higher level, then step off your whine train and get better or go home! It beats all of the p*ssin and moanin going on in these forums today
Old April 23, 2002, 04:58   #12
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:24
The AI "cheats" by providing you with more of a challenge. Sure, you won't always win but you will at least have fun trying to beat that AI. When you do, it will be an actual achievement.

Cheating yourself, though, cheapens your gaming experience.

ie: "I was playing a game against the Germans and Russians, and didn't go too well. They had me down to one city. But then I edited the game so that all their cities are belong to me. I ended up winning that game!"

The point is that cheating of that calibre is only cheating yourself. It just spoils the fun for yourself.
Old April 23, 2002, 05:12   #13
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

'Fun to buy the whole damn Japanese empire.' He didn't say fun to win.

You meanies.
Old April 23, 2002, 05:42   #14
DrFell
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 00:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Coracle
No, Civ 2 did NOT cheat like this; it just gave the AI higher percentages in combat results, for examples. Civ 3 cheats secretly. Or tries to.
The AI cheated secretly in civ2 as well. Free cruise missiles and other units, big discounts off it's production, bombers etc. (any unit basically) has diplomat capabilities including bribing, diplos able to steal more than one tech from the same city, air units could stay in the air indefinitely, trimies could go out to sea for as long as they want without sinking, AI govt changes in one turn whenever it likes, the list goes on and on. The AI in civ2 played by different rules than the human. At least in civ3 it plays mostly fairly. You can't say the civ2 AI cheated less than in civ3. Civ2 had blatant, obvious cheating. Which is why I only played MP.