Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 00:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Elections!!!!!!!!!!
we are having a new elections,
you have time for auto-nominations until april the 25th,
then polls will be post,
and o0n april the 28 the new cabinet will start a new term!!!!

here is the cabinet positions

President:
Shadowlord / cavebear

Vice-president:

Science Advisor:
ixnay37 / Gramphos

Foreign Advisor:
Nimitz / adamsj

Millitary Advisor:
Marquis de Sodaq

Trade Advisor:
shade / MrWhereItsAt

City Planner:
cavebear / Shadowlord

Imperial Expansion:
CannonFodder

Historian:
Jrabbit

the vice-president is appointed by the president
if you wanna run just say it, no matter if you are a newby!!!!!

Last edited by Shaka Naldur; April 26, 2002 at 20:01.
Old April 22, 2002, 18:39   #2
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 18:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I will seek re-election to the post of City Planner.

As the City Planner this past term, I have offerred interesting polls that covered many phases of city-building. I have made detailed recommendations to the President based on the results of those polls (and lesser matters of best resource/worker allocation). I have paid attention to our varied needs for infrastructure, military units, trade caravans, and Wonders.

As we enter the next phase of our game, I believe I am the best qualified to continue to provide for the needs of our civ as far as the cities are able to provide them. I promise to continue to keep our cities growing, while producing the most flexible combination of units and structure for the efforts to come.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old April 22, 2002, 21:49   #3
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 20:24
*considers running for president*

*sees stack of homework and play to direct and act in*

I think I will pass on this one. If you need a Trade Minister you can feel free to call me, but I am really short on time.
Old April 22, 2002, 22:11   #4
CannonFodder
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontMac
Prince

Local Time: 17:24
Imperial Expansion
I nominate myself for advisor of imperial expansion. I will see to it that our empire is extended into the four corners of the earth, yet I will not overextend us. With me at the helm, we will be on our way to being the largest and most powerful civilization our enemies could only hope to be.
Old April 22, 2002, 22:11   #5
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

I'll run for foreign minister
Old April 23, 2002, 00:45   #6
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Hm... I think I'll run for science advisor.
Old April 23, 2002, 07:40   #7
James Adams
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 23:24
As I hope most of you know I will like and will run for foreign minister, AS always I will be very aggressive in going with the people's vote for policies and I will support the President as well as possible!

Vote for ME
Old April 23, 2002, 08:04   #8
shade
Civilization II Democracy Game
King

Quote:
and o0n april the 28 the new cabinet will start a new term!!!!
28 I thought the new term would start 1...
-->so I'll need to kick some cabinet but to get their reports in soon...

I'm not running for anything this term--> I see the same stack of homework and exams waiting for me....

But as retired Prez I'll stay around to bug all of you...

Shade
Old April 23, 2002, 08:51   #9
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Shure, why not?
*(steps up to Shure(R) MX418 podium megaphone)*
(tap-tap) Is this thing on? (clears phlegm-ridden throat)

My fellow Citizens,

The post of Historian is, er, historically a thankless one, requiring countless hours of trolling through old threads, writer's block that can only be countered by the medicinal ingestion of alcoholic fluids, and stained fingers from using experimental inks. Even so, I have been gratified by my first elective month in this cushy, comfortable office under the august leadership of President Shade.

Some work has been done, but much remains. There are smilies to be inserted, text to be written, and endless revisions to be, uh, revised. I will not back down from this challenge!

THEREFORE, as a loyal citizen of the United Minds of Apolyton, I hereby declare my willingness to again run for the office of Historian. I pledge my time and effort to the complete and utter documentation of our glorious Civ, its leaders and their actions, for the edification, education, and amusement of all Citizens.

FURTHERMORE, I promise to support our government with cold, hard cash! I will perform my labors pro bono and will donate my entire salary back to the Treasury, to be used toward whatever bribery or rushbuilding is deemed necessary by our esteemed leadership. All I ask in return are quality quills, gooseberry ink, a few crumbs of food, and the medicinal fluids required to ensure continued quality work.

Thank you for your support.

*(leaves podium, muttering under breath "If they bought that, they'll buy the collectible presidential quills too...")*

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten

Last edited by -Jrabbit; April 23, 2002 at 09:01.
Old April 23, 2002, 08:57   #10
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

1. Great to see some new blood stepping forward to run for High Council positions.

2. I, too, thought that this week would be nominations and Hydey-taunting, with elections perhaps 28-30 and new leadership in command on 01 May.

3. The beloved President Shade gone! The clever and insightful El Lawrence, too? Woe is me! Whatever shall we do? Who shall step forward to lead our ppl???

4. I love Quick Reply.

Old April 23, 2002, 10:14   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:24
Was gonna go for VP, but then saw that after all the fuss a few weeks ago, it apparently WAS decided that the Prez would appoint that position.

<< Grumbles >> << Scuffs feet and wanders off >>

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old April 23, 2002, 10:32   #12
-Jrabbit
Deity

My kingdom for a President!

MWIA -- run for President and you could appoint your own VP.

Shaka Naldur, are you ready to rule for more than a week?

Could kassiopeia return?

Will one of the High Council step forward?

OOoooh, this could be interesting... The ppl quiver in anticipation. See you next week.

*(-Jrabbit packs for his business trip to the Historians Guild annual conference, promising to be back in time to vote.)

Old April 23, 2002, 10:58   #13
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

President?!

Me finding a copy of MGE in sleepy NZ isn't 100%, Jrabbit. And that's kind of necessary for the Head Honcho. Could I become Prez, make myself VP and then pass the buck to someone els... hmm. Maybe that's not such a good idea.

-ed from office.

Old April 23, 2002, 11:17   #14
Shadowlord
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Following in the great tradition of Ralph Nader, I shall run for President, yet not expect to win! (Don't quote me on that.)

As a, uh, citizen, I have participated in every poll I saw in time, making wize and informed decisions where I was informed, and asking smart questions (Remember, no question is ever stupid!) where I was not informed, so that my decisions would be informed. As President, I shall do the same thing. After all, that is what every President does. We (Presidents) have advisors, to tell us what ideas are good, and which are not. Our job is to order people to do the things that our advisors tell us, and to order people to do the things that our advisors are too afraid to mention, like researching a dead-end technology like Fundamentalism so we can get enough money to bribe the entire world to join our Enlightened Fundamentalist Democratic Empire of Un-Unhappiness!

In addition to always listening to what my advisors say and leave unsaid, I will also institute a series of electoral reforms! Once in my post, I will amend the 3/4 term limits to not apply to Presidents, Foreign Ministers, and Military Commanders during times of war, so that during a war, we may be ensured of having known and proven leadership, unless of course, the People decide to vote to replace them. This would just ensure that they may remain in their posts, if approved by the People, to keep the pressure on our foes. In addition, seeing as the post of Historian has no corrupting effect on its holder, I shall entirely exempt the post of Historian from any term-limits.

Lastly, as President, I will encourage rapid technological progress until we have a strong technological lead over our enemies, at which point I will encourage a switch to a Fundamentalist government, dedicated to the superiority of our People over the uncivilized Barbarians, who we shall bring civilization to, by force if necessary, in addition to Democratic Principles, of course! (What, you've never heard of a Democratic Fundamentalist government? It just means we're extremely Fanatical about Democracy, of course!) We will entice the un-civilizations' people to join our Empire by giving out large quantities of cash, of which we will have much, due to the tithes provided by the Voters - and any un-civilized people who refuse to get civilized, we will crush with our mighty (and well-oiled) war machine!

-Presidential Candidate Shadowlord

P.S. Yes, I have MGE, and I also own the original Civ II, and the two expansions, and have been playing Civ since Civ I.
"For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Last edited by Shadowlord; April 28, 2002 at 17:14.
Old April 23, 2002, 11:31   #15
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord
-Presidential Candidate Shadowlord

P.S. Yes, I have MGE, and I also own the original Civ II, and the two expansions, and have been playing Civ since Civ I.
GRRRR!!! Why is it MGE is the only Civ I haven't found???? Why are we using MGE anyway?? How many of us are invalidated from being council members from not having just - this - one - version???

Oh, but good campaign speech there, Shadowlord.

Say... you'll need a Vice...

Old April 23, 2002, 11:42   #16
Shadowlord
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

MGE requires a Civ II CD to be in the drive - but it can be ANY Civ II CD. So, if you get someone to install MGE on your computer, you can play it with your ordinary Civ II cds. (Which means that technically, I can install MGE and play it on four computers at once, hehe.)

Where are you, anyhow? I'm in the USA, and got MGE for around $30 a year or two ago...
"For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli
Old April 23, 2002, 11:48   #17
Shadowlord
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

That reminds me, is the VP appointed by the President only if the President ran unopposed (and if he didn't, then the VP is the runner-up in the Presidential race), or is the VP always appointed by the President?
Old April 23, 2002, 11:51   #18
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Exactly where my line says - Wellington, NZ. I ain't never seen no damn copy of MGE anywhere - but have easily found and bought Civ, Civ2, CiC, FW, SMAC, SMACX, Civ3 (oh, and TOT doesn't seem worth it). I have played Civ since '91 and the only one of these I haven't spent hundreds of hours on is Civ3.

I know no-one with MGE - in fact everyone I know who has Civ 2 got it after playing MY game, thus they only have the original.

:dejected: And BW has been having a go at me too tonight in OT.

Yes I know I'm pathetic. So what? WANNA DO SOMETHING!!!!WAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Old April 23, 2002, 11:58   #19
Marquis de Sodaq
King

First, I wish to clarify the vice-presidency. This is an ELECTED post, going to the second place finisher in the presidential election. The VP is appointed ONLY IF there is no second candidate for president.

. . . . . . . . . . . .
Second, as your Supreme Military Commander, I nominate myself for a second term in this prestigious post.

I have outlined my grand plans for acquiring wonders from the Egyptians - expanding our borders thru conquest, and acquiring techs thru conquest and diplomatic activity. I wish to see this plan to fruition! Allow me to continue to lead our valiant forces under our banner, bringing glory to the great Apolytonian people!

Naysaying will continue to be tolerated, and naysayers will continue to be encouraged to assist on the military's bathymetry surveys in the antarctic waters.

Vote le Marquis de Sodaq for Supreme Military Commander!
. . . . . . . . . . . .

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old April 23, 2002, 12:10   #20
Shadowlord
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Maybe it wasn't released in New Zealand :-/
Old April 23, 2002, 12:14   #21
Shadowlord
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

I fully support le Marquis in his goals, and in his campaign. I, too, wish to see the Egyptians crushed, and should we both be elected to the posts we are running for, I look forward to us working together towards that goal. *waves to the People* *the People cheer* *the egyptians flee*
Old April 23, 2002, 12:15   #22
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Hmmm. Europa Universalis came out about a month ago. EU2 came out about a week after that.

Damn other side of damn world.

Old April 23, 2002, 12:20   #23
Shadowlord
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Ouch. Maybe you can get it on Amazon.com...
Old April 23, 2002, 12:23   #24
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

The postage usually cost as much as the item.

Old April 23, 2002, 12:46   #25
-Jrabbit
Deity

According to the banner ad at the bottom of this page, Amazon has Civ2 for US$9.99.
But I strongly suspect that it's not MGE...

My other advice would be to contact the Aussies in the Civ2 Multiplayer forum -- Hydey is among them -- and have one of them act as your agent. Practically right next door, compared to US.

Old April 23, 2002, 13:06   #26
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

How many days are left to nominate? From someone in the time zone that the game is played by, please.

It's 5am on the 24th here.

Old April 23, 2002, 13:18   #27
ColdWizard
Civilization II MultiplayerGameLeagueNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 19:24
iirc, there's a patch that can upgrade previous civ2 versions to MGE, the name cedric greene comes to mind too...

edit: guess CFC has a use after all
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ2cedric.shtml
CW: Sometimes you're even bigger weirdo than kass... - Jeki, Wiser Finn.
Old April 23, 2002, 13:52   #28
-Jrabbit
Deity

This appears to be a subject open to debate. Shaka posted the 25th as close of nominations, but some of us feel that's too soon. Posting this on 23 April, 1300(-ish) Central Daylight Time in the US. (Apolyton is officially run on GMT, where it's currently 2100(-ish) hours on the 23rd.

Shaka Naldur -- Please re-consider those dates!

Old April 23, 2002, 16:50   #29
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
First, I wish to clarify the vice-presidency. This is an ELECTED post, going to the second place finisher in the presidential election. The VP is appointed ONLY IF there is no second candidate for president.
really??
I´m not sure, i thought after Zealot´s proposal we had made it like that forever

DO YOU WANT TO MAKE IT LATER???,
I COULD POST THE POLLS ON THE 26th, have 48 hours polls and then the first the cabinet could start,
then shade would be the president until the 30th
is that ok with the majority of the people??
Old April 23, 2002, 16:51   #30
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

new list, i´m also editing the first post

President:
Shadowlord / cavebear

Vice-president:

Science Advisor:
ixnay37

Foreign Advisor:
Nimitz / adamsj / Hydey

Millitary Advisor:
Marquis de Sodaq

Trade Advisor:

City Planner:
cavebear

Imperial Expansion:
CannonFodder / steelehc

Historian:
Jrabbit

Last edited by Shaka Naldur; April 24, 2002 at 16:03.