Old April 23, 2002, 22:13   #1
PhoenixPhlame73
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Random Combat
Okay, I hear everyone harping about random combat, so why doesn't someone tell me what their system would be??? Please, something a little more advanced than "4 attack to 3 defense, attacker wins without a scratch." There's a little sarcasm here, but I am actually interested in what people would have done. I would have just made the unit's stats a little more realisticly scaled....
Old April 23, 2002, 23:23   #2
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 19:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
I like how combat works.

There are more sophisticated systems out there, like TOAOW, but I / we have all been working with this kind of system for what, 10-12 years?

I am glad that Firaxis added the hp swings to the editor though, even though I haven't touched it yet, as well as the choice between random or fixed seed.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.