Old April 26, 2002, 15:41   #1
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Story Contest Round 4-Nominations
Well, here we are. No nominations carried over from the 3rd round.

1-It's Good to be Dictator by WTE_OzWolf
2-A Debate in the U.N. by Metaliturtle
3-Dangerous Games by cbraund
4-The Rise of the French Empire by MrFun

5-Fire in Bonschnooglia by Metaliturtle
6-Early destruction by Metaliturtle
7-Knights of the Black Cross by Rotten999
8-The Hand of God by Keeper of Hell
9-The road to death by Sheep
10-Caesar's Quest by Hopdevil007

The nominations in bold have been seconded. Once there are 8 seconded nominations, a checkbox poll will be made, then the top 4 from that poll will advance to the final round.

The nomination process is complete!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal

Last edited by civman2000; May 12, 2002 at 09:13.
Old April 26, 2002, 15:42   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I nominate "It's good to be dictator" by ozwolf

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old April 26, 2002, 17:15   #3
ElDiablo
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:37
I second ozWolf's latest, "It's good to be a dictator"
"Listen lad. I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was swamp. All the kings said I was daft to build a castle in the swamp, buit I built it all the same just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third one. That burnt down, fell over and then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're gonna get, lad, the strongest castle in these isles."
- Swamp King (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
Old April 27, 2002, 12:13   #4
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
I'm putting my newest, A debate in the UN up for some hot props
Old April 28, 2002, 00:05   #5
civman2000
Emperor

and I second it!

Old April 30, 2002, 22:25   #6
civman2000
Emperor

I nominate cbraund's newest addition to this forum, dangerous games

Old May 1, 2002, 01:23   #7
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

i'll give it a sizzecond
Old May 1, 2002, 11:01   #8
Richelieu
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 19:37
And i'll give Dangerous Games a second secondment...
or a thirdment...
Whatever.
Old May 1, 2002, 18:13   #9
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Mr. Fun's Rise of the French Empire gets my Nommy
Old May 1, 2002, 23:48   #10
Richelieu
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 19:37
Quote:
Originally posted by Metaliturtle
Mr. Fun's Rise of the French Empire gets my Nommy
And i second !

That's my first. Since my first secondment was actually a thirdment.
Old May 2, 2002, 03:00   #11
Metaliturtle
staff
King

I'm requesting CGW2 be kept out of the running for this contest
Old May 3, 2002, 00:47   #12
Metaliturtle
staff
King

I wish to add fire in Bonschnooglia to the running
Old May 3, 2002, 23:44   #13
Metaliturtle
staff
King

EARLY DESTRUCTION, BY ME!!!!!!!!
Old May 6, 2002, 11:14   #14
civman2000
Emperor

New noms:
Knights of the Black Cross by Rotten999

Old May 6, 2002, 16:39   #15
Metaliturtle
staff
King

I second knights
Old May 6, 2002, 23:21   #16
Metaliturtle
staff
King

History Class by me
Old May 7, 2002, 11:19   #17
civman2000
Emperor

Revolution Born Domination by metaliturtle is nominated...I'll probably second history class if you write more (hint hint hint)

Old May 7, 2002, 16:33   #18
Metaliturtle
staff
King

lol civman, I think I'm going to take that one off the list and designate it my "fun" story, as none of it will really have anything to do with Civ 3
Old May 7, 2002, 16:48   #19
Metaliturtle
staff
King

I also want to remove revolution born domination, because I want it to win a contest, and really, the five big epics out are all excellent, and all deserve to win, so to avoid getting shafted by the rules, I'm taking it out of the running
Old May 7, 2002, 17:09   #20
civman2000
Emperor

good point about history class...from now on try to make all of your stories somehow about civ3, and no non-civ3 stories will be permitted in the contest

Old May 8, 2002, 15:34   #21
Rotten999
Warlord

Nomination for Hand of God by Keeper of Hell. I didn't think the French would work as heroes, but he does a great job.
Old May 8, 2002, 17:59   #22
civman2000
Emperor

i'll second that

Old May 9, 2002, 21:56   #23
Rotten999
Warlord

Nomination for The Road to Death by Sheep.
Old May 9, 2002, 22:39   #24
Metaliturtle
staff
King

could somebody second early destruction? it isn't that bad
Old May 10, 2002, 12:00   #25
civman2000
Emperor

good luck turtle...your short stories are a bit too...short

Old May 11, 2002, 22:42   #26
civman2000
Emperor

Nom:
"Caeser's Quest" by hopdevil007

Second:
"The road to death" by Sheep

Only one slot remains now!!!

Old May 12, 2002, 08:52   #27
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Aww hell, I nominate Caesars by hopdevil,
lets get voting going