Old October 20, 2000, 13:00   #121
SCG
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
King

Local Time: 17:45
Local Date: October 30, 2010
quote:

Originally posted by kcbob on 10-20-2000 11:16 AM
And for smilies, click on the "smilies Legend" link to the left when you're posting.

Of course not all the emoticons are listed on the Smiles Legend

Why I'm not sure

But there's hope

Write your local moderator today and demand more emoticons

well, that or just copy and paste in the links to them

------------------
Sleep is a luxury and I don't have Shakespeare's Theatre in my back yard.
Old October 20, 2000, 14:08   #122
kcbob
King

Local Time: 16:45
quote:

Originally posted by SCG on 10-20-2000 01:00 PM
Of course not all the emoticons are listed on the Smiles Legend

Speaking of which, do you remember the post a while back that listed a bazillion smilies? I tried to find it shortly after it was posted but even then I couldn't locate it.

------------------
Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
Old October 20, 2000, 14:44   #123
Christantine The Great
Prince

I also have MGE. Is that a problem?

------------------
"Freedom, Trade, Christantine!"

The Official Webpage of the Chrisonian Republic

The Viking Archives
Old October 20, 2000, 14:57   #124
kcbob
King

quote:

Originally posted by Christantine The Great on 10-20-2000 02:44 PM
I also have MGE. Is that a problem?

You're okay for this game, CTG.

I hope I'm not confusing people. The Succession game, this one, is an MGE game. The Knitting game is a 2.42 game.

As I understand it, once the game is started in a version, it has to stay in that version. That is to say, if the 2.42 game is to the third person, I, as an MGE player, can't jump in and play. What I was hoping for was a way to send it to someone with both who could then finagle a way to convert from my MGE .sav to a 2.42 .sav game. Did that make sense?

------------------
Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
Old October 20, 2000, 17:53   #125
CornMaster
Prince

Local Time: 19:15
quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 10-20-2000 09:52 AM
Andemagne: Please send Save Game (and commentary) to me - mailto:scouse-git@thefreeinternet.net or mailto:git1@scousers.com;
CornMaster - mailto:cornmaster@iname.com and to Christantine the Great - who plays next on: mailto:christantine606@aol.com

dacornmaster@hotmail.com !!!!
If you send it to the other address it overloads the 300kb mail box I have. And it's text/telnet based so just make it easier and send to my other address.

------------------
"I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
"The best meat is in the rump!"
I AM CANADIAN!
CornEmpire Index
My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
Old October 21, 2000, 22:16   #126
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 00:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
ok, I have done my share for now.
I have mailed the save file to Scource Gits,
Cornmaster and Christantine The Great.
hopefully everyone received it.

I'll post my story later but here's what I have done:
-Andela and Solace Founted
-Monotheism, Chivalry, Construction, Mathematics
and (almost) Theology Discovered
-Michelangelo's Chapel Build
-Cleared some swamp and build lots of irrications.
-Incresed Population, now there is over 2.2 milj.
Apolytoners (and growing)
-Assempled a Large Treasury (700$)

------------------
"Victrix Fortunae Virtus"
Old October 21, 2000, 22:34   #127
SilverDragon

You can play a 242 save in MGE, but then after that the 242ers couldn't play the sav file because it changes into an MGE sav

Old October 22, 2000, 11:08   #128
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 22:45
Everyone : my ISP is upgrading its server and mail to git1@scousers.net is not getting through - please use scouse-git@thefreeinternet.co.uk
thanks

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
"The Great Library must be built!"
Old October 22, 2000, 18:31   #129
Christantine The Great
Prince

I got the game but I have a problem. The colors are all weird and the unit pictures don't appear. Can I fix that? I should be done with the game today and will mail it on Monday.

------------------

The Viking Archives

The MGE Succession Game Team. Sign Up Today!
Old October 23, 2000, 10:34   #130
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 00:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
ok.
who should have got the savegame-file from me?
and who got it?

CTG: does your game work proberly?
i can send you a new one, if oyu want.

please, reply in this thread.

...and if you need my save file, post your
WORKING e-mail address.

------------------
"Victrix Fortunae Virtus"
Old October 23, 2000, 15:49   #131
Christantine The Great
Prince

We have a problem. I am suposed to play from 1200 to 1400 AD. I checked the date in the game and it says that it is 650 AD. I am saving the game and closing it for now.

------------------

The Viking Archives

Old October 23, 2000, 16:04   #132
kcbob
King

I don't think the years is a problem, CTG. The proposed schedule was based on a different difficulty level. I'm more concerned about your colors problem. Did you get that worked out?

And this would all be easy to get back into sync if Scouse Gits' site was up. Any word on when that'll happen, SG?

------------------
Frodo lives!

Old October 23, 2000, 19:07   #133
Christantine The Great
Prince

Ok. I guess I will have to finish it tomorrow. I only have time to be on the forums tonight. No, I have not solved the problems with the colors. I tried saving it and then going back into it and I still cannot see units and the colors are all messy. I will try putting it into the save file in the game folder tomorrow. Sorry about the delay.

------------------

The Viking Archives

Old October 24, 2000, 05:36   #134
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Hi guys, the website seems to be ok but I am still not getting any mail - so I'm out of the loop, not the site.

Have I got this right??

Paul handed off to Andemagne, who played 360-490

Andemagne handed off to Christantine the Great who should be playing 500-650, but hasn't yet

If this is correct I shall have to try and update the site, but I have no further save games than the ones already listed on the site....

Please post any corrections both here and e-mail to scouse-git@thefreeinternet.co.uk

good civin'

------------------

Old October 24, 2000, 07:43   #135
kcbob
King

Scouse, I can get to the Stusdomain home page but not the Succession page off of that.

------------------
Frodo lives!

Old October 24, 2000, 09:14   #136
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

kcbob - the link is http://www.stusdomain.org.uk/Succession/index.htm note the capital "S" in Succession - this is the only web site in the universe that is case sensitive!!! This game is actually recorded in: http://www.stusdomain.org.uk/Success...MasterGame.htm again, I regret, case sensitive, but can be reached by pressing the "The Succession" button on the above website.

If they had told me this I might never have signed up despite there being unlimited web space, unlimited e-addresses etc....

------------------

Old October 24, 2000, 09:25   #137
kcbob
King

I think my wife must have slipped in some "stupid" pills among my vitamins in my lunch today. I still can't get in. I get the following message:

Not Found

The requested URL /Succession/index.htm was not found on this server.

And that's even when I click on your link. Man, I hate to be using the slots in this thread for all this. Did you get my email, Scouse? If so, I'll use that for all future correspondence regarding my obvious "probable user errors".

------------------
Frodo lives!

Old October 24, 2000, 15:12   #138
Caligastia
Emperor

Local Time: 18:45
Is there any room for me to join this game, or do I have to start a new one?
Old October 24, 2000, 16:54   #139
kcbob
King

quote:

Originally posted by Caligastia on 10-24-2000 03:12 PM
Is there any room for me to join this game, or do I have to start a new one?

We've been shuffling so much, it's kind of hard to say. If there's no room in the inn here, you might try
http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum1/HT...e=12:58#bottom

Christantine is trying to get up another one.

------------------
Frodo lives!

Old October 24, 2000, 17:30   #140
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 23:45
I also get a "page not found" error when I try to access SG's site.
Old October 24, 2000, 21:25   #141
Christantine The Great
Prince

Don't send any more people over to my thread. It's full.

Here is my story:

The great King Christantine the Great ascended to the throne in a turbulent time. Our civilization, though the mightest, was the most ill defended, ill goverened nation on the earth. Christantine decided there should be a change. Our great leader decided to abolish the phalanx and warrior corps in favor of a pikemen corps. He started to reteach the phalanxmen how to repel horse attacks and gave them lighter armor. Now they were pikemen. City after city changed their outdated defences. Next was the time to upgrade the city defences. Great City Walls were built around the Apolyton cities. Christantine was secretly building up to one reachable thing. One thing that would make the people happy and joyful. On the last day of his reign, Christantine relinquished the office of Council. The Republic was born.

------------------

The Viking Archives

Old October 25, 2000, 07:16   #142
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

My host seems to have found the site again! Will update it tonight - assuming that it's still there!
Old October 25, 2000, 07:27   #143
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Caution guys, some of you may not know that there is a 150 post limit on a thread after that Ming starts getting increasingly shirty (but he is fairly lenient away from the OT) - I believe that the successor thread should be started by the original founder so MWHC where are you?

------------------

Old October 25, 2000, 13:30   #144
CornMaster
Prince

Well I'm playing now. I like peace as much as the next guy but.....we are now at war with the Carthaginians.
Also we have build Leo's Workshop, as well as gained gunpowder, Medicine, Astronomy, and are researching Leadership. We diffently need more turns to play in the later years. I can hardly get the units built before my turn will be over. As I am on turn 8 now...all turns that are set to 10 will be moved to 15!!!! Effective Now. I got to go to work soon so I'll post more later.

------------------
"The best meats' in the rump!"
I AM CANADIAN!
CornEmpire Index
My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
Old October 25, 2000, 20:02   #145
Christantine The Great
Prince

Did you go back to Monarchy or stay in Republic?

------------------

The Viking Archives

Old October 28, 2000, 05:12   #146
Maud'Dib

Excerpt from the book History of Apolyton:

The Reign of Maud'Dib The Prophet: From the fall of the Republic to the rise of Theocracy.

Luther Maxwell was born in the city of Gades in 1000 AD. His father Thomas was the local merchant who grew rich from the blackmarket trade with the nearby Carthaginian city of Cartenna. When war broke out with the Carthaginians, the Maxwell's used their vast fortune to speed up the defenses of the city. Walls were built to keep the enemy out and barracks were built to train new soldiers. With the Maxwell fortune, local men volunteered to form an Army. For 20yrs, Thomas lead the defenses of the city. For his brillance as a field commander, Thomas Maxwell was made a Senator of Apolyton.
In 1020 AD, Cornmaster stepped down as Consul due to old age (he was over 200 yrs old). The Apolyton Senate, with encouragement from Maxwell gold, elected Thomas as the next Consul.
With father running the country, Luther was made Commander of all Apolyton forces. The war with the Carthaginians was proving to be a stalemate. Carthaginian knights and catapults died in huge numbers trying to breech the walls around Gades. Unfortunately, Apolytonians could not exploit these Carthaginian defeats because Apolyton could not muster the resources to send reinforcements. In addition, the Apolyton navy still used the antiquated trireme. Navigation was still not known to Apolyton seamen.
Although Thomas could not end the war with the Carthaginians, he was able to found the city of Turin in 1050 AD.
In 1060 AD, two key events happened that would change the nation: 1) in the city of Smashchester, a statue in honor of liberty was erected and 2) Luther, after being wounded in combat, began preaching that God had speared him so he could be God's messenger. Luther traveled throughout the nation telling the citizens that God would make them great if they turned from their decadent immoral ways. The people started to listen, and believed. For 10 yrs Luther spread his message. Thomas, seeing the chaos that his son was causing, tried to put an end to his son's sojourns. When Luther entered the capitol, Thomas had him immediately arrested for sedition.
Luther told his father that if he wasn't released to continue his Godly mission, God would destroy the Republic and call your soul back to heaven to stand judgement. Thomas laughed at his son's bluster and called him a lunatic.
Word had spread that the Prophet Luther--refered to by the citizens-- was being tortured (it was just a false rumor that spread like wildfire and no one knows how it got started). The people immediately took to the streets in the capitol.
As he entertained guests for dinner, a courier brought word that the people were in revolt. When he heard the news, he cried, "What!", and before he could utter the next word, he choked to death on a chickenbone he was eating.
The people cheered when they heard the news of the Consuls death. Luther was released and immediately addressed the angry crowds to be still. It has been reported that several people who listened to Luther's speech and call for peace that night, swear that they heard him say, "God sure does work in mysterious ways."
From that night on, the Republic came to an end and a Theocracy was born. To further prove that the hand of God was involved, an Apolyton seamen by the name of Christopher sailed a strange ship into the harbor of the capitol on the night of the revolution. He called the vessel a Caravel--it was stronger and faster than the now obsolete triremes. Shipbuilders in Leonardo's Workshop immediately began the overhaul of triremes into caravels.
With God on their side, unhappiness dissappeared. Resources that were wasted or used as upkeep on units were now freed to increase production of vital materials for the war effort. Money was pouring into the nation's treasury.
In 1090, envoys from the Celtic Consul (our so-called allies) demanded that we share the secrete of Navigation with them. Luther, who now went by the name of Maud'Dib in honor of an Ancient Apolyton Emperor, told the envoys that it was a gift of god and dismissed them. The Celts after being rebuffed, dissolved the alliance.
In 1150, an Apolyton invasion force landed on the leftflank of the Carthaginian front. The dragoons stormed the city of Rusicade and plundered 155 in gold from the Carthaginans.
In 1160, while scouting an island off Rusicade, a dragoon was found and entered the service of the Apolyton crusade.
In 1170, Magellan began his expedition out of the city of Adela. His efforts, combined with the power of the Lighthouse of Gitsburg, increased the speed of our caravels to 6. Also, Apolyton sages and wisemen discovered the secret of Physics and know refer to themselves as scientists.
In 1180, the war with the Carthaginians continued as Apolyton reinforcements that arrived in Gades charged forward and captured Cartenna taking an additional 131 in gold.
In 1190, a scouting force that sailed out of Paultimore seeking new lands to the north rescued a dragoon from a rich island.
In 1220, after dismissing repeated Carthaginian pleas for peace, the Apolyton warmachine scored it's greatest victory todate as it captured the Carthaginian capitol of Carthage, and with it, took possession of the Hanging Gardens and 135 more in gold.
On his 200th birthday, Luther Maxwell, forever known as Maud'Dib the Prophet ascended into heaven as his people rejoiced.

Ok, to whom do I send the save file???
Who's next???

[This message has been edited by Maud'Dib (edited October 28, 2000).]

Old October 28, 2000, 11:15   #147
kcbob
King

quote:

Originally posted by Maud'Dib on 10-28-2000 05:12 AM
Excerpt from the book History of Apolyton:

The Reign of Maud'Dib The Prophet: From the fall of the Republic to the rise of Theocracy...

On his 200th birthday, Luther Maxwell, forever known as Maud'Dib the Prophet ascended into heaven as his people rejoiced.[/i]

Ok, to whom do I send the save file???
Who's next???

[This message has been edited by Maud'Dib (edited October 28, 2000).]

Excellent reading! Sure to become a required teaching in the history classes of Apolyton for generations to come.

I make it out to be Scouse Gits next.

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old October 28, 2000, 22:12   #148
Christantine The Great
Prince

At least I tried (For Republic).
Old October 29, 2000, 01:46   #149
CornMaster
Prince

Well since this thread is nearing 150 messages I've created a new one here.

So can people start posting over there now???

Thank You

------------------
"The best meats' in the rump!"
I AM CANADIAN!
CornEmpire Index
My Civ 2 Scenario Page.