Old April 30, 2002, 22:12   #1
loleod
Settler

Local Time: 18:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Stupid Workers
I normally control a good portion of my worker force so things will get done the right way , but my latest game had so many workers I had to stop that. I Put them all on auto when I hit 50 now I am up to 150 several turns later. Well I figure theres not much important work to do , just railroads need to be built and newly aquired cities need some help , but Im too busy fighting the other civs to pay much attention.

Long story short the workers screwed up. They insist on going into territory that I dont have ROPs with ( Boy are they getting pissed off) , I tried to hunt down like 30 of them and they were building railroads for the Aztecs WHAT THE HELL. I even found some cutting through territory of a civ that I am at war with , their lucky they made it out alive! The final straw was when I went to go move a considerably force out of my capital I was shocked to find my capital was not connected to any other city by rail! Every other city was connected except for Dehli , wouldnt you think my capital city would be highe on the list then some damn city in the middle of Africa all by itself?
Old April 30, 2002, 22:37   #2
nationalist
Warlord

Local Time: 18:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The workers are extremely stupid. That is why it is best to control them yourself.
"The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796
Old April 30, 2002, 22:49   #3
Jethro83
Prince

Local Time: 09:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Second "Stupid Workers" type of thread I've seen. Try "Workers driving me nuts" thread.