Old May 3, 2002, 00:45   #31
markusf
King

Local Time: 23:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by EyesOfNight
Markus forgets to mention that this doesn't work so hot if the other guy takes all his trade out of the cities you're sending caravans to. And you have to roll over and take it up the ass while he sits there flooding caravans all over you. And you have not not build any army or sink any of his boats. And you have to not expand at all lest you become too enormous and powerful for him. And you need to be a republic in order for him to get mega trade anyways. Did I mention you aren't supposed to attack him at all while he's flooding you with caravans?
\

The whole point in bigger games is that 2 people work together to over come everyone else.
Old May 3, 2002, 06:04   #32
DrFell
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 00:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
You were saying how great it works in duels though.
Old May 5, 2002, 01:54   #33
markusf
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DrFell
You were saying how great it works in duels though.
In 1x hell ya...
And all that talk about blocking ships with ships is just pure bs.. judging from the amount of swearing makeo did today in our duel its nearly impossible to counter.
Old May 5, 2002, 04:35   #34
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 09:53
And yet in our game Markus had to steal trade off me in 400ad

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old May 5, 2002, 10:44   #35
DrFell
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 00:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
lol

And as for the ship blocking, I managed to make it work pretty well in a game with woke, managed to inflict huge losses and bribe a few boats. If I'd gone for mapmaking earlier I could have held him off easily.
Old May 5, 2002, 12:55   #36
markusf
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
What do you expect? Its a 5 billion year world, that is cold.. There isn't a single grassland on the map, everything is mountains or plains... And you have massive rivers... i don't have a single one.
Old May 5, 2002, 12:57   #37
markusf
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DrFell

lol

And as for the ship blocking, I managed to make it work pretty well in a game with woke, managed to inflict huge losses and bribe a few boats. If I'd gone for mapmaking earlier I could have held him off easily.
Your talking about 2x with infinate production.. All you have to do in 1x is stay outside the city range 3 squares diagonally in the water.. You can hit any city and no one can see you coming or stop you. You can defend maybe 1 or 2 cities but you can't defend 9 or 10
Old May 5, 2002, 13:32   #38
Eyes_Of_Night
King

Local Time: 18:53
HOw come you didn't do that in our 3 1x1x medium map duels? Ohhhh...now I remember. Kind of hard to do that when I have veteran ironclads with lighthouse, magellans and just about every single other wonder. Not to mention the enormous city lead I had.
Old May 5, 2002, 13:49   #39
markusf
King

Quote:
HOw come you didn't do that in our 3 1x1x medium map duels? Ohhhh...now I remember. Kind of hard to do that when I have veteran ironclads with lighthouse, magellans and just about every single other wonder. Not to mention the enormous city lead I had.
Give it up.. We played 1 game.. Just 1 game, and you got 4 tribes before 2500 bc some very close to me, allowing you to get all the wonders. Not to mention rivers, 3 pheasents 3 silks and a whale for your first 3 cities. Any idiot could have won the game with the kind of start you had. You won one game due to hut luck and since then you have refused to play any single game. As for the stupid comment why didn't you do that then, i might as well ask why didn't you use my early rep strat 2 years ago? why did you always just play in monarchy?

You've refused to play any duels since then, lets play a 1x 1x diety duel its your choice either put up or shut up.
Old May 5, 2002, 14:33   #40
Eyes_Of_Night
King

Oh my god. We played 1 game? Are you out of your ****ing mind? First game we started on different land masses. There was no way you could have won it because mine was much larger than yours. Second game you started to the south of me. I remember because I got republic and HG and you told me that the reason I won was because it took you so long to get republic. Next game I started with a silk ONLY in my capital. Don't give me this bullshit about how I had this start from god. The third game was even at one point because I established and embassy and it showed me as having 1 city more than you and we both had exact same techs. I got republic first AGAIN and AGAIN you told me the reason I won was because I got republic first. Beginning to remember now? Do I need to dig up the posts or will you conveniently remember the games? You mined your cities with forests in our third game to stop my veteran ironclads. Lets face it, you got your ass kicked 3 games in a row. And why suddenly you want to play deity? Discovered you can't win on King? Finally figured out that you can't do **** to keep up with my expansion speed? Lets face it, I own you on all settings. I've already proved that I am beyond you in every way shape and form. Your only claim to fame is this little trade strategy of yours and I've already proved war out does trade any day of the week. Keep denying the games we played and I'll dig up all the posts about them.
Old May 5, 2002, 18:36   #41
markusf
King

Bla bla bla

I wanted to play on diety settings back then, but no you didn't want to. I wanted to host etc etc etc.

As i had posted in that thread before i got republic at 500 bc in those games, which is way to late.. And if that wasn't bad enough, you pegged off HG bachs and mikes and you admit to having free tech now???, face it you had great starts all 3 games + a LOT of trade specials. Which when playing on king level can be fully used because happiness isn't a problem.

Besides these games where nearly 2 years ago, i never played duels then, it wasn't until after these games that me and arii playing duels and i learned how to adjust my playing style. You won a few games ages ago to hut luck and you've been afraid to play ever since. Arii, me, woke, SF could all kick your ass, even with your specialized settings.
Attached Files:
File Type: net eyes markus.net (77.6 KB, 4 views)
Old May 5, 2002, 19:04   #42
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Hey Ming, is the popcorn machine broken or something?

Old May 5, 2002, 19:21   #43
markusf
King

Quote:
Lets face it, I own you on all settings. I've already proved that I am beyond you in every way shape and form.
hahaha Thats the funniest thing i have ever heard. I own your ass on 2x, proved that a long time ago, but you seem to only remember the occasional games that you won.

Remember we set up a best players gameleague game to prove once and for all who the best players where? you kaak, me vlad alia played. (vlad and alia played more as witnesses) You kaak and alia allied and after i slaughtered kaak you didn't want to continue anymore to bad i can't dig up the gameleague threads anymore. Now unless there is another game like that i will always be the undisputed champion of 2x You and kaak allied couldn't even beat me what makes you think you alone are any match for me?

I attached the save that is from before i wiped out kaak. (your celts and kaak was greeks)
Attached Files:
File Type: net markuskillkaakeyes.net (152.5 KB, 7 views)
Old May 5, 2002, 20:55   #44
Eyes_Of_Night
King

HA HA! See the nice thing about this conversation is that I can end it any time I want by beating the **** out of you. But I'm going to let it continue and mold into the fight that I want. In the mean time grovel for a game and I'll decide whether or not you are worthy of my time.

"I wanted to play on diety settings back then, but no you didn't want to. I wanted to host etc etc etc.

As i had posted in that thread before i got republic at 500 bc in those games, which is way to late.. And if that wasn't bad enough, you pegged off HG bachs and mikes and you admit to having free tech now???, face it you had great starts all 3 games + a LOT of trade specials. Which when playing on king level can be fully used because happiness isn't a problem.

Besides these games where nearly 2 years ago, i never played duels then, it wasn't until after these games that me and arii playing duels and i learned how to adjust my playing style. You won a few games ages ago to hut luck and you've been afraid to play ever since. Arii, me, woke, SF could all kick your ass, even with your specialized settings."

Ok, first you denied that any of these games even existed. Now that you have suddenly remebered these games you come up with a million reasons why you lost them...ALL OF THEM DIFFERENT FROM THE REASONS YOU GAVE LAST YEAR!!! LOL And that was ONE year ago genius. As for woke kicking my ass...FUNNY! Woke can't even beat me on 1x1x Deity, need I say more? Trade specials? Yeah, you had such horrible starts!! MY GOD!! Those damn whales! Why must you always get them? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY CAN'T YOU GET A GOOD RESOURCE!! You're right, that's the reason you lost.

"Yup you must be the best, you will only play duels, you will only play on a medium map, and you will only play if you can host, and you will only play if i am not allowed to build a single caravan the whole game. First game we played you had a bunch of free techs, and 2 settlers allowing you to get rep by 2200 bc. All the huts you tripped where tribes or huts on the path to rep. Where as mine where 6 techs to no government, leaving me with a mess till 500 bc both games. I notice that you have 2 icq accounts online a lot, and sometimes 3 online at the same time. I guess all those extra computers really add to your playing ability? Anyways if you played in simul games with 4 or 5 players you might actually learn how to play, and not be the laughing stock of apolyton."

No, wait, that's the reason you lost...I think...

"I treated them as practice sessions, never expected you to post them.
you played 2 years ago.. I even posted it was only my 4rth or 5th duel. I didn't even know what to do in duels!
i know, and i am saying i didn't play any 1x 1x duels before that."

Ahhhhhh...that's why you lost. Now that explains everything. Are there any other reasons you lost? Maybe the sun was shinining on your computer screen creating a glare?

"As i had posted in that thread before i got republic at 500 bc in those games, which is way to late.."

Amazing! Every single game you got it at 500BC. That must be a record. 3 games in a row you got it at 500BC. No...wait...that third game I established an embassy with you and you had exact same techs as me at one point. And the second game you stole republic from me a few turns after I got it. You really should try to land on just one story.

"Remember we set up a best players gameleague game to prove once and for all who the best players where? you kaak, me vlad alia played. (vlad and alia played more as witnesses) You kaak and alia allied and after i slaughtered kaak you didn't want to continue anymore to bad i can't dig up the gameleague threads anymore. Now unless there is another game like that i will always be the undisputed champion of 2x You and kaak allied couldn't even beat me what makes you think you alone are any match for me?"

LOL Best players of gameleague huh? Lets just examine that statement a second. Vlad was rated what...800? Alia was right around there too. So how is that the best of gameleague? And unfortunately that link doesn't work. Nor do I think there is really anyone else here that would believe that one.

Ok, so lets go over this one more time...the reason you lost those games was because:

1) You had no duel experience.
2) I got republic way before you.
3) I had awesome trade specials, you had only desert, endless waves of desert.
4) The sun was shining on your screen creating a glare.
5) THose games were 2 years ago...wait those were 1 year ago, thought you were supposedly a god at 1x1x back then with your super trade strategy and ****?
6) I was using 6 computers with a zillion hex editors working all at once.
7) I insisted on no caravans because you were such a god at trade and were able to turn your caravans into commando units that could kill veteran ironclads with ease.
8) You had the flu and there was no heat in your building with the temperature below 12 degrees.
9) YOu weren't really taking those games seriously because you had no idea I would post (Even though I hyped the game for a while and talked about how awesome I was at 1x1x) so you treated them simply as practice games.
I can't remember all the other reasons you gave for losing, there's just too many of them.
Old May 5, 2002, 21:00   #45
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Cat fight!

Since Eyes beat Markusf and Raz beat Eyes that would make Raz the greatest of the three

Old May 5, 2002, 21:13   #46
markusf
King

your on way to much crack..

The link works fine, i know its a game you want to forget, after all we spent close to 4 months trying to set up the game and you lost horribly.

As for your great 1x games? ahahah, Host gets a great start with lots of tribes, i am banned from building caravans as this is the only way you'll play. Of course you get to build caravans to build wonders Ya real test of skill there, and of couse i would take such a game seriously LOLOL

Face it you can't play anywhere near my level. Remember the gameleague days? I was ranked first, because i won 7 or 8 5-7 player games in a row. You couldn't get anywhere close to me, so you created new accounts to get people to play you, and you still couldn't get close to me. When that didn't work you tried to have the scoring system changed!, That didn't work so you retired.

Face it you can't beat anyone, unless the other player has a ton of restrictions played on them. Hell even raz beat you, i think your the first player hes even beaten.
Old May 5, 2002, 21:22   #47
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by markusf
Hell even raz beat you, i think your the first player hes even beaten.
Probably - when Raz plays with us we usually get a message at around 2000bc "Raz civilisation destroyed by barbs."

Old May 5, 2002, 21:32   #48
Eyes_Of_Night
King

"The link works fine, i know its a game you want to forget, after all we spent close to 4 months trying to set up the game and you lost horribly."

Oh my god, you are full of ****. Has anyone here ever known me to work on setting up a game for weeks let alone months? Has anyone ever seen me post before about setting up games and times? Do I really need to say more?

"As for your great 1x games? ahahah, Host gets a great start with lots of tribes, i am banned from building caravans as this is the only way you'll play."

How does host have anything to do with it? And you hosted the third game you stupid ****! And let me get this straight...you're telling me I banned you from building caravans but I was allowed to? And you went along with it? How ****ing stupid do you think everyone is? Nobody is going to believe that. Your story changes with every post.

"You couldn't get anywhere close to me, so you created new accounts to get people to play you, and you still couldn't get close to me."

Couldn't get close to you? Bullshit! You were playing 5 player games with complete newbies for PG wins. You see on gameleague the formula didn't take into account how low someone was rated when it reached a certain amount of players...whereas in duels you could actually lose points even if you won if the guy wasn't rated high enough. All you did was take advanteage of a loop hole in the programming. YOU THE MAN!!!

When we play, and we will, I am going to make a nice little file called "Markusf is my *****" and I'm going to put tons of saves and chatlogs in there so you can never ever say another word again.
Old May 5, 2002, 21:50   #49
markusf
King

Quote:

"As for your great 1x games? ahahah, Host gets a great start with lots of tribes, i am banned from building caravans as this is the only way you'll play."

How does host have anything to do with it? And you hosted the third game you stupid ****! And let me get this straight...you're telling me I banned you from building caravans but I was allowed to? And you went along with it? How ****ing stupid do you think everyone is? Nobody is going to believe that. Your story changes with every post.
Your terms where you would only play if i didn't build caravans.
Just look above i posted the save.. 600 AD and i don't have a single caravan built or trade route nor is there one in production, yet you have cara's parked outside your cap and trade routes..

Anyone who knows how i play knows that i build caravans asap.
I even complained in that thread you posted that i was banned from building caravans but you wheren't.. Your pathetic you will only play if the other player is seriously handycapped and you then claim it as your greatest victory when you barely win.

Quote:
you're telling me I banned you from building caravans but I was allowed to? And you went along with it?
I only went along with it, because they where just fun game. The proof is in the saves, in the threads, and icq chat history
Old May 6, 2002, 01:08   #50
Eyes_Of_Night
King

You're so full of ****!! Why would I ban you from building caravans? I have never ever played a game where I banned someone from doing something and then went ahead and did it myself. Our game tonight proves just about everything.

Markus starts off with a great start. Tons of units from huts, tons of cities from huts, game isn't even close for a while. Then I get republic before him because he supposedly got alot of techs from huts, I'll be able to prove that or not once the game is over. But it doesn't really matter because the turn after I get republic markus lands on my capital and takes it over and takes republic. And this is the funnies thing of all...NO CAPITAL AND I'M STILL FIRST IN GNP AND MFG!!! LOL I'm kind of happy he got that great start and took my capital and stuff, it's kind of made the game at least somewhat challenging. He's got lighthouse and suntzu because I had no production in my cities while my capital was gone, but I have HG and mikes. I've kind of nullified the effects of suntzu since I have barracks in just about every city and I'm about 4 techs away from magnetism which means no more lighthouse either. I guess the only thing markus has going for him this game is Suntzu. Especially considering the fact I have TWICE the cities he does!! LOL I really hope this is a learning experience markus. You have absolutely no excuse this time. I'm as good on 1x1x med map as I am on 2x2x small map. And this game proves that you are not even close to me.
Old May 6, 2002, 01:50   #51
markusf
King

How quickly you forget our first game today where i razed your civ to the ground. I won the first game to hut luck, and you stand a good chance of winning the second game to hut luck.

This save just shows how fantasic your start was compared to mine in the second game.
Attached Files:
File Type: net shitgame.net (71.3 KB, 5 views)
Old May 6, 2002, 02:21   #52
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Yes but what about Raz?

Old May 6, 2002, 03:29   #53
finbar
Civilization II MultiplayerMac
Emperor

Local Time: 01:53
Quite right. Frankly, I think all this bluster is just to avoid the fact that Raz has proved himself the best player in the world.
Old May 6, 2002, 11:48   #54
Eyes_Of_Night
King

I can't look at the save since the agme isn't over yet, but the powergraph shows it all. You had a huge lead at one point and you lost it because you stopped expanding and because you built your nomads on mountains and hills. LOL Is this because you've "only played 4 or 5 duels" and don't know what you're doing?
Old May 6, 2002, 11:53   #55
Eyes_Of_Night
King

And one more thing. The first "game" markus refers to was played on archipilageo because that's all markus would play. My capital was in an alcove and there was no where to biuld a city at. It would have taken me 12 turns to get to a spot to build my first city. As it was I biult my first city 1 square away from my capital on a forest by a whale. I got one advanced tribe and a few useless techs and to the south of that advanced tribe was hills. So after the second settler from my advanced tribe was built it would have to go about 7-9 squares to find something decent to build on. Then put on top of it where markus started and all the advanced tribes he got and the archers/horsemen/chariots he kept getting and you'd be able to understand why this game lasted till about 2600BC. I guess the only way for markus to win is by using the map settings to suit his strategy, why else would anyone play archipilageo?
Old May 6, 2002, 13:05   #56
markusf
King

Quote:
And one more thing. The first "game" markus refers to was played on archipilageo because that's all markus would play. My capital was in an alcove and there was no where to biuld a city at. It would have taken me 12 turns to get to a spot to build my first city. As it was I biult my first city 1 square away from my capital on a forest by a whale. I got one advanced tribe and a few useless techs and to the south of that advanced tribe was hills. So after the second settler from my advanced tribe was built it would have to go about 7-9 squares to find something decent to build on. Then put on top of it where markus started and all the advanced tribes he got and the archers/horsemen/chariots he kept getting and you'd be able to understand why this game lasted till about 2600BC. I guess the only way for markus to win is by using the map settings to suit his strategy, why else would anyone play archipilageo?
Cluctching at straws? ahahahahahahhaa
Old May 6, 2002, 13:07   #57
markusf
King

Quote:
I can't look at the save since the agme isn't over yet, but the powergraph shows it all. You had a huge lead at one point and you lost it because you stopped expanding and because you built your nomads on mountains and hills. LOL Is this because you've "only played 4 or 5 duels" and don't know what you're doing?
Lol, i built on the hill near your capitol because you had 2 units in the area and i would have killed it.. Then i used that city and 150 gold to rush buy 4 or 5 horses. The hut city was the same thing. You where all around and i didn't want to lose it, but the second settlar could have been put in a better spot.
Old May 6, 2002, 13:13   #58
Eyes_Of_Night
King

Oh my god. You used money to rush build horsemen instead of settlers? And I would have built that city on a grassland square. You do what you want though.
Old May 6, 2002, 18:17   #59
markusf
King

Quote:
Oh my god. You used money to rush build horsemen instead of settlers? And I would have built that city on a grassland square. You do what you want though.
can't rush buy settlars if you don't have food.

You would have destroyed that city had i built it anywhere else.. your units where all around me at that time, if i remember right you lost 6 or 7 horses in the turns after i built it.
Old May 6, 2002, 20:12   #60
Eyes_Of_Night
King

Actually it was about 4 horsemen and those were all being built out of my surrounding cities to keep my capital from falling. That's another thing. You had me on the ropes in the early turns of the game and somehow I managed to come back. You make silly mistakes.