View Poll Results: What should we build in Shadow and Light after the warriors?
Temple 3 17.65%
Marketplace 0 0%
Library 0 0%
City Walls 6 35.29%
More Warriors 5 29.41%
Settler 3 17.65%
Bananas or Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 2, 2002, 11:21   #1
Shadowlord
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Local Time: 18:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
City Production in Shadow and Light
Shadow and Light are our two cities near Egypt, which we are using as staging points for our military.

Currently, there are no troops or improvements in either city, and both are building warriors which Leo's will upgrade to Musketeers when it is finished.

Currently, they each have one citizen, who is content. After this one citizen, all others would normally be unhappy, but due to Mike's, the citizens will be content until the 5th one, who will be unhappy. (After the warrior is done, the 5th will be content as well, and the 6th will be the first unhappy one).

If we build a temple, 2 more will be content, so the 8th citizen will be the first unhappy one.

Neither city is producing enough taxes at the moment for a marketplace to be useful, however, they are both each producing 2 science beakers. Shadow will expand in 7 turns, and Light in 5. However, we won't gain any tax or science bonuses from that (unless we have the citizen work the ocean, which I do not recommend.) expansion, so libraries probably won't be useful there either.

City Walls would be useful, if the Egyptians or anyone else decided to try invading either city.

Finally, we could build a settler in each city, and order the settler to build roads around the city, to produce trade, and after that, to build other improvements.

So, after they finish building warriors, what should they build?
"For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Last edited by Shadowlord; May 2, 2002 at 11:39.
Old May 2, 2002, 11:27   #2
Shadowlord
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

I would personally suggest we build City Walls first, and then a settler in each city.
"For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli
Old May 2, 2002, 11:31   #3
Hywel Dda
Warlord

Local Time: 23:58
City walls and a settler seem like a good idea.
Or would it be prudent to build an extra warrior in order to get another cheap Musketeer from Leo?
Old May 2, 2002, 11:36   #4
Shadowlord
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Oops, minor mistake, I forgot to count the calming influence the warrior will have once built (martial law).
Old May 2, 2002, 11:40   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
You betcha. City Walls and a Settler. This nullifies a suggestion I made to cavebear today.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old May 2, 2002, 16:55   #6
shade
Civilization II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 00:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010

ppl this should not be very hard
--> build warriors(hope we can get 3 in both cities before the invention of gunpowder)=> they'll upgrade to 3 strong musketeers( -->ADM 3/3/1)
then build walls(although I don't think an invading force will land there soon).

Shade
Old May 3, 2002, 08:40   #7
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

That's why I voted for "more warriors" as soon as the poll came up. I would like to take full advantage of Leo's upgrading power.
Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul