Old May 4, 2002, 13:12   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 00:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Bug in Colonization
Okay, in 1780 or so, I am currently in revolt against England... And I have done remarkably well and sunk all their ships. However, they have one artillery and one musketeer left in england... Is there any way for me to win and destroy those forces?
Old May 4, 2002, 16:05   #2
Veroporo
Settler

Local Time: 02:07
Nice situation

I have never ever get a victory but think you have to load a game where english forces still have a ship or you they can't transport units. However, I remenber something like "bells needed for victory", so it is possible that enough bells could be enough for a victory. Somebody wiser can correct if I'm wrong.
Old May 4, 2002, 17:49   #3
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:07
Never had the manual so I can't confirm definitively, but whenever I've won it's because a majority of English have been destroyed, but not nearly all - and my time to victory seems to be dependent on the number of bells I generate per turn.

Have you had foreign intervention and Indian collaboration with the English yet? These are IIRC the two events that are triggered by your bells, and once you control all your cities again it seems that the bells once again lead you to victory.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2002, 17:54   #4
DrFell
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 01:07
Yep, you may need to wait awhile and trigger foreign intervention, surely they will give up soon.
DrFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2002, 16:13   #5
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Okay, thank you, I shall wait out the bells- I think I have waited about 5 years already.

DrFell- I already have the French on my side, and I seem to remember that I have the Dutch as well.

I am also at war with the Spanish.

Thank you all
Old May 11, 2002, 18:59   #6
Alfonso
Spanish Civers
Emperor

Old May 12, 2002, 12:34   #7
DarkCloud
staff

defensa por la guerra porque ellos declararon primer.

Old May 12, 2002, 13:28   #8
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

@DC
Ecthy is offline   Reply With Quote