View Poll Results: Do you think that the storywriters on these forums deserve more recognition?
Definitely 20 90.91%
Not at all 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 14, 2002, 18:11   #31
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
that can be me...but I disagree with making it exclusive

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 14, 2002, 18:15   #32
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

and having to be neutral. I say that if a large number of people think i'm being unfair, i'm overruled. But don't you people trust me?

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old May 14, 2002, 19:27   #33
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 19:08
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
Ok Civman, I'm just trying to do something to further unite the union, so how about this, you get full country powers, and after 3 IRL months, or if it dies (which I doubt), the Union founders vote on who was the best NESser in several categories, and sanction awards and honored membership status for the winners.

Founders being you, me, cbraund, and WTE_Ozwolf (even though he came late)

As far as the scenario, I want to say between 10-12 nations, but otherwise it's your call on stuff Civman.
Old May 14, 2002, 21:18   #34
civman2000
Emperor

ok...i might not have it set up until the weekend...but definitely by then (i'm thinking maybe ancient roman setup but i need a mediterranean/european map for that...)

Old May 14, 2002, 21:27   #35
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 00:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
i'll be there. glad you guys enjoy the concept.
Old May 15, 2002, 12:44   #36
civman2000
Emperor

prposed map (to make a setup roughly based on the civ2 roman scenario):
Attached Files:
File Type: zip euromap.zip (11.1 KB, 3 views)

Old May 15, 2002, 13:04   #37
Rotten999
Warlord

The Union NES sounds cool. I'd push for a two posts a day plus short corrections rule. Otherwise, its very hard to follow.

The arbiter should also be a neutral country in the game, but I do trust you.
Old May 15, 2002, 17:10   #38
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Yeah, my whole thing in the one we're doing now is that there is no moderation.
Old May 15, 2002, 18:09   #39
cbraund
Prince

I'd like to join a game where there was moderation, cause where I'm moderating the UKNES(Toasty's name for it) on the CivFanatics, I only play in one other one, NESII, which isn't properly moderated as Das could be biased even if he doesn't mean to be.

So I would love to join this NES that you're making! Count me in, Civman!

Nemesis
Old May 15, 2002, 18:40   #40
civman2000
Emperor

map in gif format. I should have the territories and civs made over the weekend, maybe earlier. I'd like to moderate but also to play an active role as a major civ. If anyone else wants to moderate instead, they can. Otherwise, is it ok is I'm still in it and not neutral but also moderate?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	euro.gif
Views:	29
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	15484  

Old May 15, 2002, 18:54   #41
Rotten999
Warlord

I'd be a neutral moderator. I'm already the Jimmy Carter/Woodrow Wilson in the other game, when I'm not being Nikita Khrushchev.

Next time, less responsibility!
Old May 15, 2002, 19:00   #42
civman2000
Emperor

ok you can mod i'll play. Btw, check the succession game, it's your turn!

Old May 15, 2002, 19:10   #43
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Sweet stuff civman, can I be Poland again?
Old May 15, 2002, 19:19   #44
civman2000
Emperor

uh...there wont be poland, itll be a roman era scenario (based on the civ2 rome scenario)

Old May 15, 2002, 19:21   #45
Metaliturtle
staff
King

I don't know that one, so can I just request to be the Germanic tribes which existed in that area of Europe?
Old May 15, 2002, 19:31   #46
civman2000
Emperor

yeah, all of the germans will probably just be one civ so we dont have to have like 30 civs. Although they'll have a bunch of territory, they will not be very advanced or strong and have a "confederation" govt--very weak and disunited.

Old May 16, 2002, 13:08   #47
civman2000
Emperor

proposed setup (zipped). The big northern countries are 3 german groups and the very little civs are city-states.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip euromap.zip (15.2 KB, 4 views)

Old May 16, 2002, 18:09   #48
civman2000
Emperor

gif map...feedback about anything except historical accuracy (i don't care!)?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	euro.gif
Views:	27
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	15541  

Old May 16, 2002, 18:11   #49
Rotten999
Warlord

Is "yellow" a single nation? It seems pretty divided.
Old May 16, 2002, 18:12   #50
Metaliturtle
staff
King

So what color is unoccupied?
Old May 16, 2002, 18:14   #51
civman2000
Emperor

yellow is unoccupied...forgot to mention that

Old May 16, 2002, 18:16   #52
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 02:08
eeeer what's going on in crete and peleponessos(south greece)?
Old May 16, 2002, 18:18   #53
Metaliturtle
staff
King

I call dibs on the Maroon red that has Poland and Denmarck in it, Denmarck is so cool
Old May 16, 2002, 18:23   #54
civman2000
Emperor

crete is independent to represent the navally powerful citystate of Rhodes, but Rhodes isnt on the map I got. Sparta is independent so the pelopennese looks a bit weird as a result...

Old May 16, 2002, 18:24   #55
civman2000
Emperor

can someone save it to their comp and make the little area in southeast italy light grey instead of greenish...the palette is going crazy on my computer.

Old May 16, 2002, 18:37   #56
cbraund
Prince

Naval power eh? I'm not sure whether to want the one which includes the UK, for obvious reasons(look at my name!), or Rhodes.

What the hell, I'll take Rhodes!

Nemesis
Old May 16, 2002, 18:42   #57
civman2000
Emperor

can someone do the thing with the map? I tried but failed. People can claim civs but I warn you once I launch the whole thing you cant change so your civ may end up being pretty weak (for example rhodes is strong for its size but it's pretty small)

Old May 16, 2002, 18:45   #58
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Like I said before civman, I just wanna be POLAND
Old May 16, 2002, 18:55   #59
civman2000
Emperor

currently working on civs in "my notepad"...it'll take awhile, there are around 15 of them!

Old May 16, 2002, 22:36   #60
civman2000
Emperor

I claim syracuse in advance...I have a rough draft of the civs, look this over for any mistakes/inconsistencies. DOn't ask questions please I will put up the new thread with more details tomorrow:

West GErman/native iberians (magenta):
Small, backwards army
Small navy
GErman confederacy
Early ancient
Slow tech
No war, only contact with gauls, central germans, and carthage.

Carthage (dark green):
Medium army
Large navy
monarchy
middle ancient
medium tech
No war, contact with all but central and east germans

central germans (maroon, Metaliturtle has claimed):
small, backwards army
small navy
german confederation
early ancient
slow tech
no war, contact with other germans, gauls

Gauls (purple-blue):
medium, backwards army
no navy
monarchy
earky ancient
medium tach
war with rome, contact with rome, west and central germans, massilia, carthage.

Massilia (pink and little, Rotten999 (moderater)):
Medium but 95% defensive military (citystates need to be tough to survive)
no navy
monarchy
middle ancient
slow tech
no war, know carthage, rome, and gauls

Rome (red, Sovy Kurosei):
Large army
No navy
Republic
middle ancient
fast tech
war with pyrrhians, gauls, know gauls, carthage, pyrrhians, syracuse, delphi, and macedon

Pyrrhians (sea green):
small, almost entirely offensive army
tiny navy
monarchy
middle ancient
slow tech
war with rome, know rome, macedon, and delphi

SYracuse (blue, claimed by civman2000):
medium, very advanced but defensive army
small navy
monarchy
late ancient
medium tech
know rome, carthage

East Germans (grey):
small, backwards army
amall navy
german federation
early ancient
slow tech
know central germans only, no war

Macedon (green):
Medium army
Medium navy
Monarchy
Middle ancient
medium tech
know rome, pyrrhians, Carthage, Delphi, Sparta, Rhodes, Galatia, egypt, and Seleucids, no war

Delphi (light blue):
Medium, defensive army
SMall navy
Monarchy
Middle ancient
slow tech
no war, know macedon sparta pyrrhians romans rhodes and carthage.

Sparta (brown):
Medium, defensive army
No navy
Monarchy
Middle ancient
slow tech
no war, know macedon delphi pyrrhians and carthage.

RHodes (orange, claimed by cbraund):
Small army
Medium navy
monarchy
Middle ancient
slow tech
no war, know carthage macedon delphi seleucids and egypt.

GAlatia (other brown):
medium defensive but backwards army
no navy
monarchy
early ancient
slow tech
no war, know Macedon and Seleucids.

Seleucids (dark blue):
large army
small navy
monarchy
middle ancient
medium tech
no war, know egypt galatia macedon rhodes and carthage.

Egyptians (light yellow):
Medium army
Medium navy
Monarchy
middle ancient
medium tech
no war, know carthage macedon rhodes and seleucids.

Last edited by civman2000; May 17, 2002 at 11:27.