Old May 5, 2002, 07:45   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Nominations for Constitution Committee
We are assembling a committee of three (non-Ministers) to help decide on our Constitution, or lack of one, and any other rules we may need for this game. As our tech and position in the game advances, there will doubtless be opportunities to make decisions for which we have not allocated repsonsibilities yet, or maybe even thought about! If you like the idea of telling the Cabinet what we can and can't do, then this is for you! (Of course all decisions will have to be polled upon. )

The esteemed adamsj, our illustrious well-spoken Foreign Minister will chair this committee, and this thread is for nominating yourself or others to be on this cabinet. I will leave this for something like three or four days and then whoever is nominated will be placed in a poll, open for another few days. The top three placed names will be in the committee.

That is all.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old May 5, 2002, 08:54   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
so you can't be in it because your VP? OK, then I nominate myself.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 5, 2002, 14:22   #3
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 01:09
I´ll nominate myself too
Old May 5, 2002, 14:30   #4
shade
Civilization II Democracy Game
King

I hope those laws will go through a vote before instated?

Shade
Old May 5, 2002, 15:01   #5
cavebear
Emperor

Local Time: 19:09
It had better be through a majority vote of the Citizens... Up or down in whole, not by part.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old May 5, 2002, 16:25   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Naturally. And the first poll after the Committee is formed will be on how many need to vote to pass a guideline/rule.

Old May 5, 2002, 16:50   #7
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 00:09
I'll second Shaka.
and nominate CannonFodder.
Old May 5, 2002, 17:08   #8
CannonFodder
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontMac
Prince

How are you going to nominate me? I'm minister of Imperial Expansion, for Chrissakes!
Old May 8, 2002, 14:50   #9
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

someone working on it, and once is ready we´ll ask the citizens
thanks DarkCloud

so is this commite going on or what??
Old May 9, 2002, 03:37   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Right! Although I originally suggested 3 in this Committee, adamsj (in whose province this will be) would like 6-10. Thus, for anyone who is interested in clarifying rules for the game, especially since new things will crop up all the time, especially with our rapid technological advancement - speak now and become a part of the decision-making game!

Shaka, civman2000, CannonFodder - if you're all interested; you're in.

Old May 9, 2002, 11:56   #11
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

ok i'm in

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old May 10, 2002, 14:31   #12
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

yes, I´m in, but as CannonFodder said he can´t be in, he is a minister

adamsj,
6 or 10 is just too much
Old May 10, 2002, 16:36   #13
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

NO CONSTITUTION. NO RIGHTS.
Old May 10, 2002, 19:18   #14
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Sounds like you want in, Uber - is that right? You don't have to believe in, well, anything .

Old May 10, 2002, 19:22   #15
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Sounds like you want in, Uber - is that right? You don't have to believe in, well, anything .
good, i believe in nothing.
Old May 11, 2002, 17:37   #16
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally posted by CannonFodder
How are you going to nominate me? I'm minister of Imperial Expansion, for Chrissakes!
Oh, I aplogize, I misread that and thought it asked only for ministers... dang... I was looking forward to being on the committee :rollyeyes: I am too late

oh well
Old May 11, 2002, 20:42   #17
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

We do need more ppl, DC if you want in (along with Shaka, civman and UberKrux - headed by adamsj), let us know!

Old May 12, 2002, 09:13   #18
cavebear
Emperor

I don't see any reason why a current Minister could not be on the committee. Adamsj is one and is leading this project. A member who is not a Minister now might be one next month. And a member who is a Minister now won't be one forever.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Old May 12, 2002, 12:54   #19
DarkCloud
staff

Okay, yes please, I would like to try to be in on it.

The only problem I may have is finding the rules threads unless they are marked by "Rules:" because too much is posted in this section of the forums for me to see it all
Old May 12, 2002, 16:06   #20
cavebear
Emperor

I hope adamsj will construct an email list of interested parties...

Old May 12, 2002, 18:20   #21
DarkCloud
staff

Aren't we doing a poll?
Old May 12, 2002, 20:15   #22
cavebear
Emperor

A poll would be OK, too. I'm not trying to direct how this process goes since I am staying out of it...

Old May 13, 2002, 06:49   #23
James Adams
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Need more members!
Quote:
Originally posted by cavebear
I hope adamsj will construct an email list of interested parties...

I will if I can and when the committee is being started!
Old May 13, 2002, 08:00   #24
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

OK, this has gone on long enough. Screw what I said about three members and no Ministers allowed! We have, AFAIK, Chair adamsj, members civman2000, Shaka Naldur, DarkCloud, UberKrux and CannonFodder. I will oversee and help prod everyone in the right direction (and probably stay a member after my VP term is up). Thus we have 6 + me - I think that's enough. Anyone else want in, you must contact me or adamsj (or post here, I guess).

Now, to business - we will be examining the current rules as I reported them and polling if we believe some of them are potentially problematic. I will also make a thread (and maybe top it) where ppl can post questions on the rules, or concerns about existing/nonexistent rules that need to be looked at.

Old May 13, 2002, 10:59   #25
civman2000
Emperor

when and how are we going to actually make the constitution?

Old May 13, 2002, 11:00   #26
civman2000
Emperor

never mind, I just saw the pm

Old May 13, 2002, 22:51   #27
DarkCloud
staff

Thank you MrWhereItsAt
Old May 14, 2002, 01:36   #28
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

I am hoping to set up a topped thread for us (if everyone is OK with that) to discuss. I expect PMs will be frequent, though.

But first we need a few less topped threads! I am looking into this now.

Old May 14, 2002, 05:23   #29
James Adams
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Great, but we have too many topped thread already! If you want just PM Ming!
Old May 14, 2002, 20:51   #30
DarkCloud
staff

I thought we already had a thread-
hmm... seems I posted in the High Council thread by accident