Old May 7, 2002, 07:49   #1
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 02:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
ai and worker protection
ai arty and workers are unguarded when bombarding my invasion naval force and repairing roads and so are vulnerable to marine assaults. this should be plugged. when i want to create a beachhead, i have to bombard the hell out of a wide area so that the reinforcements do not push me to the sea in one turn. killing workers is essential and if LB is off, that can be done by marines. idle ai mech inf should guard them. usually, they happily stroll around while i am more than happy to capture them with my semper fi lads, disband the lot of them and then leave my marines to die heroically. i can sacrifine 3-4 marines and take out the whole work force they have.
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old May 9, 2002, 09:01   #2
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Re: ai and worker protection
Quote:
Originally posted by LaRusso
ai arty and workers are unguarded when bombarding my invasion naval force and repairing roads and so are vulnerable to marine assaults. this should be plugged. when i want to create a beachhead, i have to bombard the hell out of a wide area so that the reinforcements do not push me to the sea in one turn. killing workers is essential and if LB is off, that can be done by marines. idle ai mech inf should guard them. usually, they happily stroll around while i am more than happy to capture them with my semper fi lads, disband the lot of them and then leave my marines to die heroically. i can sacrifine 3-4 marines and take out the whole work force they have.
hi ,

why would ya kill the workers , tsss , use them , trade them out , move them back to your city's and let them join them , ...

have a nice day
Old May 9, 2002, 09:07   #3
Cookie Monster
King

Local Time: 19:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Re: ai and worker protection
Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

why would ya kill the workers , tsss , use them , trade them out , move them back to your city's and let them join them , ...

have a nice day
Yes good point, however what I think LaRusso was trying to imply was that when invading another continent or island it is hard to ferry the workers back without having the ai recapture them. Better to kill them so that the roads to the beachhead are not repaired. A most excellent tactic! This reminds me of the Normandy landings during WW2!

LaRusso:

I never thought about prebombarding the roads before landing my assault force. Nice strat, one that I can't wait to try in my current game.
Old May 9, 2002, 09:12   #4
dojoboy
Mac
Prince

Local Time: 20:16
Re: Re: ai and worker protection
Quote:

In a current regent game as Persia, I've got a plethora of workers from razed enemy cities. I've got to wait a while for them to move each turn which is annoying. So, now (in this game) when I raze a city I disband the workers. I'm looking forward to them sleeping soon.
Old May 9, 2002, 09:19   #5
Panag
Emperor

Re: Re: Re: ai and worker protection
Quote:
Originally posted by dojoboy

In a current regent game as Persia, I've got a plethora of workers from razed enemy cities. I've got to wait a while for them to move each turn which is annoying. So, now (in this game) when I raze a city I disband the workers. I'm looking forward to them sleeping soon.
hi ,

well , if ya have so much of them , let them join the city's , ...

have a nice day
Old May 9, 2002, 09:24   #6
dojoboy
Mac
Prince

Local Time: 20:16
Re: Re: Re: Re: ai and worker protection
Quote:

hi ,

well , if ya have so much of them , let them join the city's , ...

have a nice day
True, but my culture isn't dominating and wouldn't want to tilt it towards another civ. Also, I'm just now building hospitals so my cities will grow beyond twelve. If I join them in these, they'll starve anyway --- poor bastards.
Old May 9, 2002, 09:28   #7
Panag
Emperor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ai and worker protection
Quote:
Originally posted by dojoboy

True, but my culture isn't dominating and wouldn't want to tilt it towards another civ. Also, I'm just now building hospitals so my cities will grow beyond twelve. If I join them in these, they'll starve anyway --- poor bastards.
hi ,

well , build in places with food , let them improve the terrain , ..

have a nice day