Old May 24, 2003, 11:31   #271
J Bytheway
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 01:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Tamerlin
Yes but don't you have to start a game with ModSwapper and then save at least once?
No, if you start Modswapper, select a mod, click Save & Exit, and then run CTP2 independantly, it will run the mod you selected.
Old May 24, 2003, 11:35   #272
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 02:24
To make it clear, what you have to do when you want to use a ModSwapper compartible mod: Basically you have to replace three text files, that does ModSwapper for you. So it doesn't matter if you first apply the mod meaning replacing the three text files and then start the game normal or use ModSwapper to start the game in both cases, the same steps are done: Replacing files and starting the game.

-Martin
Old May 24, 2003, 15:12   #273
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

OK, I didn't knew, thanks for the explanations...
Old May 25, 2003, 10:58   #274
Lir
Settler

Local Time: 00:24
Well somebody should add to the FAQ that SAP has issues in WinXP.
Old June 8, 2003, 01:27   #275
smr
Settler

Help!

I installed CTP2, installed the patch, installed Modswapper, installed the Super Pack. Whenever I start a Super Pack game, I only get one settler and am not allowed to build anymore. If I start a regular game (ie, unmodded), I can build settlers like normal.

Any ideas what the heck is going on? I really wanna try the Super Pack!

Thanks.
Old June 8, 2003, 05:00   #276
Tamerlin
King

The number of settlers you begin the game with depends on the level of difficulty. I think that you only get one starting with Hard (or very Hard)...

About your issue I don't know if I can be of any help, some problems are rising when the line DebugSlic=Yes in your Userprofile.txt file has not been changed to DebugSlic=No though the problems I have heard about are coming in the later part of the game.

Old June 8, 2003, 06:33   #277
J Bytheway
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 01:24
Tamerlin - he didn't say that he started with only one settler, he said he was unable to build settlers. I have no idea why this might be...
Old June 8, 2003, 07:08   #278
Tamerlin
King

I understood he started the game with only one settler, but I don't know why he can't build anything...
Old June 8, 2003, 11:31   #279
Sangria
Settler

The download site for the Super Apolyton Pack is not working. Where can I find this mod?
Old June 8, 2003, 12:33   #280
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sangria
The download site for the Super Apolyton Pack is not working. Where can I find this mod?
Better is you use the Apolyton Directory for download:

http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?si...ts=4097&cat=28

And don't forget to add GoodMod for Apolyton Pack:

http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?si...ts=4097&cat=28

Quote:
I understood he started the game with only one settler, but I don't know why he can't build anything...
I guess he installed Apolyton Pack 2 and downloaded a map for the standart game and tried to use it with Apolyton Pack. So it is no wonder that this does not work, as the map has to be made for the current mod otherwise you see such effects or the game crashs entirely.

-Martin
Old June 8, 2003, 15:48   #281
smr
Settler

Quote:
Yeah, it really drives me nuts. I've tried this on two different computers and get the same problem each time.
Old June 8, 2003, 15:50   #282
smr
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
I guess he installed Apolyton Pack 2 and downloaded a map for the standart game and tried to use it with Apolyton Pack. So it is no wonder that this does not work, as the map has to be made for the current mod otherwise you see such effects or the game crashs entirely.

-Martin
Oh... I was using, as I always do, the regular Earth map included with CTP2; can they not be used with the mod? If so, is there an Earth map that's compatible with the Apolyton Pack somewhere? I really dislike using non-Earth shaped maps.

Thanks!!!
Old June 8, 2003, 16:30   #283
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by smr
Oh... I was using, as I always do, the regular Earth map included with CTP2; can they not be used with the mod? If so, is there an Earth map that's compatible with the Apolyton Pack somewhere? I really dislike using non-Earth shaped maps.

Thanks!!!
Well you could search in the CTP2 scenarios section of the Apolyton directory for some world maps, you can find a map collection for various mods by ískalin. Only the title of this entry is a little bit odd as it promisses maps for the standart game and once you read the text inside you know that it gives maps for Apolyton Pack.

Well if you think these maps are too big you could try this one in the attachment. The map is Activision's world map converted to Apolyton Pack v.1.02 Ultra Gigantic Map!

With some luck it might work.

To install it just unzip it into your main CTP2 directory. Then go into the ..\scenario\WorldMaps\ folder ther you should find two folders, if you unzipped the attachemnt successfully. There is a file called packlist.txt. Open it with any text editor of your choice and change the number there from 1 to 2. And save the file.

Now you can start a game with Apolyton Pack 2.0. Pick the second world map scenario instead the first world map scenario and start it. Now hope that there are no problems.

-Martin
Old June 8, 2003, 16:32   #284
smr
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Well you could search in the CTP2 scenarios section of the Apolyton directory for some world maps, you can find a map collection for various mods by ískalin. Only the title of this entry is a little bit odd as it promisses maps for the standart game and once you read the text inside you know that it gives maps for Apolyton Pack.

Well if you think these maps are too big you could try this one in the attachment. The map is Activision's world map converted to Apolyton Pack v.1.02 Ultra Gigantic Map!

With some luck it might work.

To install it just unzip it into your main CTP2 directory. Then go into the ..\scenario\WorldMaps\ folder ther you should find two folders, if you unzipped the attachemnt successfully. There is a file called packlist.txt. Open it with any text editor of your choice and change the number there from 1 to 2. And save the file.

Now you can start a game with Apolyton Pack 2.0. Pick the second world map scenario instead the first world map scenario and start it. Now hope that there are no problems.

-Martin
Martin,
Thanks much; I will try your map and some from the archives here as well. Hope it works!

--
smr
Old September 4, 2003, 14:39   #285
Elfenwolf
Settler

re
I play in medium/huge map/11nations. What i see the mod are a absolut fantastik work.
For examble I like the Austrian style for the citys looks really realistik.

But one Question....
I realize at the beginning in the game enemy nations dident attack my citys also barbarians. I can leave my Citys complet unprotectet. For a small test I build a City closed by a enemy City. The enemy send a 12 stack army but he dident attack he only "dance" around my town.
Did teh enemy nation attack later? (i have now 1000 before Christ) Or can I leave my Citys unprotect the hole game?
May there is a updatet script for the AI I can download?
Greetz!
PS:Sorry for my English
Old September 4, 2003, 15:51   #286
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 03:24
Yes, the enemy will attack. Computer isn't too clever, so sometimes it "dances around" without attacking, but at some point, it will begin attacking you hard enough.

You may want to try a higher difficulty level .
Old September 4, 2003, 15:54   #287
Tamerlin
King

Welcome Elfenwolf...

Unfortunately this behavior of the AI civs is usual, it is possible to change the APOL_strategies.txt settings so that the AI is a bit more aggresive. You should not let your cities unprotected though because the AI civs can decide to attack and they do it rather regularly though not necessarily the best way they could.

You can also use Martin's GoodMod (there is a Modswapper option allowing you to use it with the Super Apolyton Pack) in which the strategies and build lists of the AI are already modified.

You can try my Strategies.txt settings if you want, this file must be copied in the C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\aidata directory (just backup the original file so that you can replace the newer one if you are not happy with the new settings).
Attached Files:
File Type: zip apol_strategies.zip (9.3 KB, 13 views)
Old September 4, 2003, 16:45   #288
Elfenwolf
Settler

Solver I have dry it before with very hard but it was the same.
Tamerlion big thanks for ya download U save my weekend

What surprise me also is the AI declared war now very soon seems the act now very aggresive.
I hope i dont ride a old horse I read many posts about this mod but theres to much for my poor english.

Im also surprised this game have still a living community after the coming out from Civ3.

Greetz!
Old September 4, 2003, 19:23   #289
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfenwolf
Tamerlin big thanks for ya download U save my weekend
This file will not prevent the AI armies to hang around your cities but the chances of attack are more important.

Quote:
Im also surprised this game have still a living community after the coming out from Civ3.
The game mechanics of CtP2 are, in my own opinion, far more superior to the Civilization serie ones and were far ahead from the other games at the time CtP2 was published. As Civ3 is more or less a "revamped" Civ2 it is no wonder the CtP2 community has not succombed to his (so called) "charms". As far as I am concerned CtP2 is still the best 4X game I know.

Quote:
Greetz!
I agree!
Old September 5, 2003, 06:24   #290
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Hehe Tamerlin, in my experience, though, AI failing to attack cities isn't exactly the biggest problem. The biggest problem for me was it refusing to sign cease fire always, and if signing, only lasting for 1, 2 or 3 turns.

Then, maybe this has to do with the lot of bloodbaths I make .
Old September 5, 2003, 08:16   #291
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Solver
Hehe Tamerlin, in my experience, though, AI failing to attack cities isn't exactly the biggest problem. The biggest problem for me was it refusing to sign cease fire always, and if signing, only lasting for 1, 2 or 3 turns.
I agree the fact you can't sign a lasting peace with a civ you have been at war with earlier in the game is irritating... especially when it declares war a few turn later. This is something I hope will be corrected when the modders have the source code.

Quote:
Then, maybe this has to do with the lot of bloodbaths I make .
That doesn't help...

By the way, I agree 200% with you when you are speaking about a non cheating AI in the AI thread. The less an AI cheats the better it is. Cheating AIs is detracting me from a game, especially when it is too blatant (as in Civilization 3).
Old September 5, 2003, 12:08   #292
Solver
lifer
Deity

Civ 3 AI isn't as blatant a cheater as CtP2 AI. First, it only cheats on higher difficulties. Second, it cheats by producing stuff faster.

In CtP2, it's more visible. When I have 4 cities and a few farms in place, I find an AI civ with 5 size 6 cities all surrounded by tile improvements. Oh, and it gets a free tech lead, too.

Once I fight a bit, though, I start kicking arse.

In my current game, I have only managed to sign one peace treaty. The rest are ceasefires, and those don't last. AIs end up breaking ceasefires after 3 turns, and I just get pissed and kill them .

Just how stupid it is for a 4 city civ that is technically inferior to declare war on me by pillaging a stupid farm?
Old September 5, 2003, 13:05   #293
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Solver
Civ 3 AI isn't as blatant a cheater as CtP2 AI.
You are right Civ3 cheatings are not blatant... they are crude.

I don't want to debate over Civ3 cheatings again but what I can tell you is that I really hate the way the Civ3 AI is cheating to the point it completely spoils my game. Civ3 is my greatest disappointment as far as computer games are concerned. In my opinion (and I really insist on that: in my opinion), Civ3 is not worth the CD case it is delivered in.

The less an AI cheats the better.
Old September 28, 2003, 15:34   #294
Bored
Chieftain

When I trying to launch Apolyton Pack -- there are messages like "cannot find APOL_ComImpSForAIs.slc in asset tree" and "Apol_main.scl syntax error". Later, when game loaded, I've tried to exit, but my PC hangs with "illegal operation" message.

What's going on?
Old September 28, 2003, 16:07   #295
Tamerlin
King

IMO the mod is not properly installed on your computer, that means you have not unzipped the files in the right folder.

Read carefully the readme.txt files provided with the Apolyton Pack mod and follow the instructions step by step, I am pretty sure the solution is there.
Old September 28, 2003, 17:27   #296
Bored
Chieftain

I've resolved my problem -- there was wrong string in APOL_main.slc: instead APOL_ComImpSForAIs.slc was APOL_ComImpSForAIs.scl. I don't how this could happen, though.
Old September 28, 2003, 20:00   #297
Tamerlin
King

Glad to hear you have solved your problem but I have some trouble to understand what has gone wrong with the APOL_main.slc file unless you told me that you have manually edited it to change some things. I have never read any post about such kind of errors.
Old October 28, 2003, 20:30   #298
Primative1
Chieftain

I installed the Apol Pack and now everytime I try to load a saved game it minimises the game and I get some SLIC error message saying the request to find unit is out of bounds (or somesuch). Its driving me mad - any suggestions before I use the CTP2 disk as a coaster?
Old October 29, 2003, 05:27   #299
Tamerlin
King

I think your SAP2 files have not been unzipped at the right place. Check your CtP2 folder and you should see that some folders have been duplicated, if this is the case it means the CtP2 software can't find the files and thus can't load the game.

Remember you need the latest CtP2 patch, Modswapper and to change DebugSlic=yes to DebugSlic=No in your userprofile.txt file.
Old October 29, 2003, 21:20   #300
Primative1
Chieftain

It was the 'DebugSlic=yes to DebugSlic=No '. I had everything else right.

Thanks Tam