Old June 21, 2002, 09:53   #121
Adriano
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hey Martin,
I confirm that allogator is in the inner ring of my second city (7 pops, all available)
Do you think it's possible a sort of mess with my italian version?
Old June 21, 2002, 10:30   #122
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 02:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriano
Do you think it's possible a sort of mess with my italian version?
Such problems are not caused by any strings, if you installed the ApolytonPack on an Italian version the only result is mixed up text in the game, between English and Italian, no problem here concerning the gameplay. I just tested with the cheat editor in GoodMod: With only one city on the map no trade goods showed up in the trade manager. With two cities I good the trade goods showing up. Unfortunatly I can't tell you more about this, because in my early games trade is not so improtant therefore I don't care about the goods in the trade manager. So in this case I would continue with my game and monitor how things develope in time. Maybe you should look how the good status developes.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Starfox
In an effort to boost production I lowered my military readiness from war to peace. The units health droped to 50% and savings in production rose accordinly. The problem came when I raised the readiness back up to war about 75 turns later. It has been 16 turns now and the units health remains unchanged. I am still being billed for the extra support cost from production however. Is something wrong here? I have a democracy right now, and was originally a democracy when I lowered it, so there was now chage in government.

I have the lastest version of apolyton from dales website. I never reduced readiness before so I dont know if it is acting the way it is suppose to. However I did do a clean install when I went to put in Super apolyton, so their shouldnt be any issues with the upgrading. Thanx
From the textfile it should cost you ten turns to remain full status of readiness in ten turns in a democracy. So you should already have full hp for you units, in the end I would check if I really raised the readiness. Unfortunatly I never used the readiness sliders before, so I can't tell you how this work in a real game exactly.

-Martin
Old June 21, 2002, 13:23   #123
The Starfox
Settler

I repeadly checked to see it it was set back to war and it was. I gave up after 25 turns and tried something else. Instead of going from peace to war, I went from peace to alert and then to war. After 10 turns it properly upgraded to alert and then 10 turns later it properly upgraded to war.

I would think that one could go straight from peace to war but I guess not. Oh well I guess I better be looking out for possible wars 20 turns into the future for the next time

As for other things I did have that settler wanting to move on its own in the begining, but by clearing orders at the begining of the turn, I was able to get it into position and settle it. I never had another unit do that again.

I have noticed a problem that seems to come and go. There are times when I hit the end turn button and it takes an extremly long time for it to cycle through the various computers. I noticed this on the previous Apolyton pack also, but never in the original game. It would take like 5 min for each pc to make its move. As I said it comes and goes, I started with 8 players and on the normal gigantic map.

Another little detail I noticed was that both the shallow ocean tiles, and the deep ocean tiles, when I right click on them say 0 for production value. I looked it up in the great library and it says that the production value should be 10.

As for the AI, I have seen a vast improvment over its battle tactics, namely that it persistantly groups up units to 12 and avoids fights where its outnumbered. However there are other aspects of the AI that still needs improvement.

1. The AI does not disband obsolete units. Ther AI is sitting there with battleships, and bombers, tanks ect. and I still see fire ships sail the high seas, and pikemen and catapults roving the plains. It seems to build these things also since they dont go away after casualties. Perhapes it would be better to upgrade the building options for units more frequently to prevent building obsolete units. No point being allowed to build longships when you can build battleships or knights when you can build tanks, these options are still in my building units menu.

2. Another thing that is great is that the AI is far more active in building infustructure. The probelm is that it is excessive at doing so. Often I will coem across a city that has every square, wheather on a hill, jungle, deasert ect. is a mall It never seems to teraform land to a better one, and has troble placing the apropiate infustructure on it.

Over all its an awsome expansion, and my hats of to you. Hopefully these other things can be fixed in thime.
Old June 21, 2002, 16:18   #124
mnbryan37
Warlord

Local Time: 18:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Starfox,

I thought that, even in the original game, one had to upgrade readiness just one level at a time. At least that is always the way I have done it.

Bill
Old June 21, 2002, 19:53   #125
The Starfox
Settler

I didnt know if it was suppose to be that way or not. Its the first time Ive used that option. I just assumed that you could, it did let me drop from war to peace without going to alert first afterall.
Old June 21, 2002, 22:02   #126
mnbryan37
Warlord

Local Time: 18:24
Starfox,

Thats right. You can go down directly to peace from war, but can only come back up one step at a time.

Bill
Old June 28, 2002, 23:05   #127
arktiem
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:24
Hey there!

Martin:
Please forgive me if this has been plainly asked before (my eyes are a mess tonight and so searching the posts has been a bit more difficult than usual), but I have Apolyton Pack 1.02 and your fabulous GoodMod .99 on my machine. I would like to upgrade to the new Apolyton Pack 2.0, but don't want to lose the features of your GoodMod. Does GoodMod work with Apolyton 2.0 or are you working on a version that will? I sure would appreciate hearing as I am really intrigued by what I have seen written about Apolyton Pack 2.0. :-)

Thanks a bunch!

Arktiem
Old June 29, 2002, 13:08   #128
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

So far I didn't tested it myself if GoodMod for Apolyton Pack 1.02 works with Apolyton Pack 2.0. But Dale only updated some of the text files. From the theory it should work also with the updated files by Dale, maybe something in GoodMod that Dale added will be missing but it should work without any problems. Unfortunatly I am very busy right now with some uni work and the semester didn't end so far, the exam time starts on next Monday, but there will be definatly a new version of GoodMod.

-Martin
Old June 29, 2002, 13:36   #129
arktiem
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:24
Martin:
Thanks so much for the info. I will give Apolyton Pack v2.0 a shot and see if it works. The worse than can happen is that I have to reinstall the old 1.02 again.

I am SO glad to hear that you will be working on a new version of GoodMod!! HURRAH!! But, please don't sweat it... take your time. I fully understand what it is like to be that busy and any new version of your creations are well worth waiting for!! :-) If there is anything I can help with (with my still limited, but growing knowledge of MODding) don't hesitate to ask.

Take care!

Arktiem
Old June 29, 2002, 14:08   #130
The Starfox
Settler

What would I have to edit to make the time limit longer. I just got the warning that I am running out of time because of the turn limit. I would like to increase it becasue Im having too much fun taking my time, so if I caould edit it so that the turn limit is higher it would be great. Thanx.
Old June 29, 2002, 14:10   #131
Adriano
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
.... Unfortunatly I am very busy right now with some uni work and the semester didn't end so far, the exam time starts on next Monday, but there will be definatly a new version of GoodMod.
Hey Martin
IS THE REAL LIFE MONSTER STRIKING AGAIN.....??
Isn't it?
I've not tried GoodMod yet..................
Old June 29, 2002, 16:10   #132
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Starfox
What would I have to edit to make the time limit longer. I just got the warning that I am running out of time because of the turn limit. I would like to increase it becasue Im having too much fun taking my time, so if I caould edit it so that the turn limit is higher it would be great. Thanx.
Open the Apol_const.txt in your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder and open this file with any text editor of your choice. Search for these lines in this file:

END_OF_GAME_YEAR_EARLY_WARNING 2100 # WW from 2200
END_OF_GAME_YEAR 2200 # WW from 2300

It should be self explanotary what to do here. By the way I restored the end game year in the ApolytonPack version as it is in the original game before WesW modifications. I thought with the increased tech costs even on small ApolytonPack maps you need more time to research them all. I will change this in the next version of GoodMod for Apolyton Pack, and of course ultra gigantic maps will still be a part of GoodMod.
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriano
I've not tried GoodMod yet..................
You should try it.

-Martin
Old July 3, 2002, 13:06   #133
ETB
Warlord

Local Time: 19:24
I agree with you Martin, I at least want some chance of getting through the technology tree by the time the game ends! I restored the end year to 2300 and adjusted the costs of science. I just finished a really fun Impossible level game – here’s the final statistics screen:

I had to battle for most of the game and I lost several cities including my capitol three times! It was a glorious game and I only won by having the highest score at 2300. I have to admit that I did better this time than my first game at the Very Hard level (I finished fourth at 2200, but was in first by 2215). I plan to play the tournament game next – hopefully I will survive!
Old July 7, 2002, 20:13   #134
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 10:24
Will Medieval Pack II work with SAP2.0?
After playing Civ3 for a while and absolutely hating the way railroads and workers ruin the game and the AI is easily defeated once I get artillery I'm going to give CTP2 a go again.

My question is Will Medieval Pack II work with SAP2.0 as I'll like the new units etc of the MP2 with the new AI with SAP2.0.

Help appreciated with this

thanks.
Old July 8, 2002, 05:44   #135
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:24
The SAP AI is primarily from the MedMod and Cradle. If you look in the AP readme, you should see a list of the AI files taken from Cradle.

If you make backups of the MedPack equivalents, MM2_textfile.txt and then copy the APOL_textfile.txt files, renaming the copies to MM2_textfile.txt again, then the MedMod AI will be the same as the Apolyton Pack.

But I don't think you really need to do this. I don't know how many of the AI-helping SLIC files Wes included in the latest MedPack update, but I think it was most of them, so the MedPack should be just as good as the SAP for the most part.
Old July 25, 2002, 08:35   #136
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

I'm playing in the Tournament and since getting to the 1900's have started getting this error nearly every turn:

'error (Null):26843802:Array index 0 out of bounds.'

the number after the (null): does vary.
It only happens at the begining of an AI's turn(not always the same one but sometimes to multiple ones before my turn comes around again) and the end result is a dump to desktop, although you can carry on with the game.
I've changed no files since the begining so any idea's?
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old July 25, 2002, 09:07   #137
J Bytheway
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

That sounds like a DebugSlic=Yes when it should be No problem.
Old July 25, 2002, 13:01   #138
child of Thor
Emperor

Yeah i should be able to check this in about an hour or so. One thing, what causes the Debugslic setting to change? I haven't been swapping between mods or anything like that.
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Old July 25, 2002, 19:17   #139
Dale
Emperor

CoT:

Make the file read-only.
Old July 26, 2002, 06:00   #140
child of Thor
Emperor

Thanks very much for the pointer, Debugslic was indeed the problem.
And cheers Dale - that is a good idea
Still i'm too late for the tourney!!!!(I really tried to find more time).

Old July 26, 2002, 12:22   #141
Adriano
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
The SAP AI is primarily from the MedMod and Cradle........

But I don't think you really need to do this......
I think so! In my opionion SAP seems more and more aggressive than MED......seems to me......
Old July 28, 2002, 19:00   #142
Dale
Emperor

Those wondering about the SAP AI, here's how it all progressed:

- The old Apolyton Pack from 12 months ago had the mixture of Med Mod/Cradle AI (from june 2001).

- Cradle progressed quite happily for many months getting better and better.

- World at War uses the Cradle AI as it's base, but then I came along and changed it drastically to allow for a more "20th century warlike" feel to it.

- SAP uses a modified WAW AI that isn't so warlike, so that the AI can handle growth, prosperity, diplomacy and science like it should.

So really, the flow is:

Cradle --> WAW --> SAP

Hope this clears up the question.
Old July 28, 2002, 23:34   #143
Colwyn
Prince

Dales website down???
Havern't been able to access it for a while is this temporary?
Old July 29, 2002, 11:12   #144
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Re: Dales website down???
Quote:
Originally posted by Colwyn
Havern't been able to access it for a while is this temporary?
If you just like to download ApolytonPack, then I highly recommend the Apolyton Directory our new Apolyton Database for download.

-Martin
Old July 29, 2002, 13:07   #145
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

works for me...
Old July 29, 2002, 20:04   #146
Colwyn
Prince

Ta got it
yes the new dir is good, I wasn't sure previously if the SAP was version 2 from the old listing in the downloads menu.

Thanks
Old September 10, 2002, 07:13   #147
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

Local Time: 12:24
I downloaded the super Apolyton pack from the directory.

I completely uninstalled CTP2, then reinstalled it, applied the 1.1 patch, installed modswapper and then installed the pack. I ran it once to create userprofile.txt, then went in and set debugslic=no and then ran CTP2 again with the pack and there is something wrong. I build a city with my first settler but then my second settler goes on walkabouts all on his own. I direct him one way, he goes off in another direction. Turns keep ending automatically while he continues to wander. What gives?
Old September 10, 2002, 07:23   #148
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Itsa hidden feature. Send him to sleep at the end of each turn,and settle quickly.
Old September 10, 2002, 08:50   #149
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

I havent played apolyton pack, but "Itsa hidden feature" huh! what kind of hidden feature is that?

Or is it a joke and im just abit slow today
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old September 10, 2002, 13:03   #150
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Yeah the hidden feature another way to call bugs. To be precise it is a bug in the frenzy code. So do that what IW said, in addition you can disable the automatic end turn until the settler founded a city.

-Martin