Old May 13, 2002, 00:01   #31
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 17:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Wot stratz d0 j00 uze?
Quote:
Originally posted by I-iZ-1337
Since I woz banned from civfan coz of the way I speakz and coz I iz blackz, I iz gonna be posting h33r for a bitz.
It had nothing to do with the way you speak or your skin colour. You were being a jerk, pure and simple. Don't go blaming other people just because they call you on it. And don't expect a good reception if you try it here either.
Old May 13, 2002, 05:23   #32
nato
Prince

Local Time: 19:25
Anyone who would use the phrase "commanding lead" knows full well z = s and 0 = o. If you're really gonna fake it you gotta dumb down your diction and phrasing too! Also, you need to call us all campers and cheaters, and maybe alternate caps a little.

For Mannamagnus, 1337 is leet, which is short for elite, meaning a guy who thinks he's really good at FPS games and really bad at being mature.

His strats seem fine ... for the second one, I wonder if you will have enough gold to upgrade many chariots to knights though? Somehow you have to get the tech up to chivalry, and if you're not conquering during that time, you either have to research it yourself or buy from the AI. If you're doing either of those, you have less money. I bet its an expensive upgrade from chariot to knight ... would you have enough?
Old May 13, 2002, 05:55   #33
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 01:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It costs 100 bucks per unit. Don't excessive buy tech, buy it when it's cheap or research it. If you are lucky and research and trade a tech before the AI does, or actively explore and trade maps and communications, you can halfway keep up techwise. When you hit chivalry, the AI will be far ahead in tech tho. Upgrade as many chariots as you can to knights/adequate, and attack. Move the remaining chariots in the footsteps of the knights and use them as garrisons, and to fight single archers/longbowmen. Elite chariots should be able to kill regular longbowmen in most cases, and even generate leaders. Try to capture (or rush with a GL) Sun Tzu's, and while making tech and money in peace treaties, upgrade the chariots slowly.
Old May 13, 2002, 07:45   #34
V.O.C.'02
Chieftain

For those who didn't actually get what this guy was saying: I believe it was an attempt to immitate ALI G.

He's the white dude (the driver from the limo in the Madonna clip "Music") who hosted the MTV awards last year. He just acts to be black (BTW in a very funny way). It needs a little practice to learn it, but hey, so was chinese when I first tried it (not realy true).
Old May 13, 2002, 08:09   #35
Cookie Monster
King

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
The truely 1337 player would be able to win on any given random map or scenario with any civ against any number of opposing civs.

Well said

That is the sign of a true master. And a true master is one who would never brag about being 1337.

A true master has no need to brag. He merely works his magic and let's his work speak for him.
Old May 13, 2002, 14:29   #36
nato
Prince

Thanks for the insights Sir Ralph. At 100 a throw, I think gold might be somewhat of a problem, but maybe not. Also, the pressure will be on to take out enemy civs before muskets come out. If the offensive gets stalled, the whole game plan is in bad trouble...

MTV ... Madonna ... ALI somebody or another Ugh ...

I don't know any of that stuff, but it just looks like normal run-of-the-mill-I-have-no-life leet junk to me.
Old May 13, 2002, 14:58   #37
Harovan
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by nato
Also, the pressure will be on to take out enemy civs before muskets come out. If the offensive gets stalled, the whole game plan is in bad trouble...
Your point, but you know, what the wise Sun Tzu said? "No Sal'petel - no musketel" Now you know, what your primary target is.
Old May 13, 2002, 17:28   #38
chriss
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigvic
Umm, Ming, with all due respect, this guy's use of this way of writing shows that he is perfectly aware of how to use the English language. Don't let him play you. On the other hand, as long as he does not say anything insulting or too crass, so what if his self grasping "I'm so different! I'm so cool! Look at me! Look at me!" style of typing and spelling irritates people.
AMEN BROTHER!

Chriss

8 days left...
free at last , free at last

Last edited by chriss; May 14, 2002 at 16:02.
Old May 14, 2002, 00:48   #39
nato
Prince

Quote:
Your point, but you know, what the wise Sun Tzu said? "No Sal'petel - no musketel" Now you know, what your primary target is.
Man, that Sun Tzu was wise ahead of his time!
Old May 14, 2002, 08:56   #40
Jethro83
Prince

Local Time: 10:25
Quote:
Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
That is the sign of a true master. And a true master is one who would never brag about being 1337.

A true master has no need to brag. He merely works his magic and let's his work speak for him.
Amen. But it is also good to discuss strategies with others. But yes, bragging about being 1337 is taking things too far.
Old May 14, 2002, 11:31   #41
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming
Hey... if you have a problem with this guy... take it somewhere else. When I look at this thread, I see one guy who isn't good in English (which isn't against the rules) and a bunch of spammers who probably all deserve PCR's or restrictions...
So either post on topic... or be prepared for a vacation.
Until this guy turns into the spammer you all claim he is, he is welcome to post just as you all "currently" are...
Got it!
And just what part of this post did you guys NOT UNDERSTAND?

Enough... the next person that strays from the topic discussion and instead discusses the starter of the thread, is toast.

Don't tempt me today
Old May 16, 2002, 08:17   #42
I-iZ-1337
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:25
Quote:
But I couldn't finish a Deity game with it. Either I need more practice, or I need to deviate on his strategies, since they seem so general, that some specific situations don't suit.
If j00 iz havin probz then j00 can pozt some savez and I wi11 show j00 how t00 b33t deit33 and tell j00 what j00 iz doin wrongz.

Az for j00 flamerz: Why iz j00 botherin me? Not 1337
Old May 16, 2002, 08:46   #43
bigvic
Prince

Funky writing dude, your strat reminds me of mine, w/ early UU civ. Got to hit hard and steady. Favorites - Iroqois, Aztecs, Zulu, Romans (my mod gives legions 2 move). If lucky start, anything can kick ass.

i like ibble blibble
Old May 16, 2002, 09:09   #44
bigvic
Prince

BTW Ming, w/ all due respect and despite a strong perverse streak, not trying to get banned, but...I think you are missing out on part of the charm of the "I-iz experience". Whoever he really iz and whatever his ethnic origin may be, he reely enjoys the spam he gets. Either a masochist or an imp. I don't think he cries like a wussy baby when people spam him. Really, i don't know a freakin thing about him, except that he's not me So, why not let the boyz be boyz?

Anyway I-iz, good thread whateva the shiznit you are.

Bad ebonics, eh?

i like ibble blibble
Old May 16, 2002, 09:11   #45
I-iZ-1337
Chieftain

J00 iz right, I can takez flamingz, I have s33n it all b33fore.
Old May 16, 2002, 10:12   #46
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by bigvic
BTW Ming, w/ all due respect and despite a strong perverse streak, not trying to get banned, but...I think you are missing out on part of the charm of the "I-iz experience". Whoever he really iz and whatever his ethnic origin may be, he reely enjoys the spam he gets.
First... He never complained about it... But others did.
Second... It is you who doesn't understand the Owners Position.
The On Topic Forums are meant as a place to discuss topics... not the posters. While minor flaming is alllowed, we try to put a stop to it when we see it, or when people complain about it. When a thread degenerates into a spam/flame fest, it is impossible to continue the actual discussion. So whether he likes it or not, is not the issue. The "OWNERS" don't like it. And since this is a privately owned site...

So please keep this thread on topic, and not about any of the posters. I really have no desire to restrict people... but this has gone on long enough.
Old May 16, 2002, 11:31   #47
bigvic
Prince

10-4

i like ibble blibble
Old May 16, 2002, 14:21   #48
nato
Prince

Just wanted to say, with my recent games I have like totally increased the amount of gold I get. I think I was doing things poorly before. Though I still think it is gambling the whole game on one offensive, I no longer think it would be super difficult getting enough gold to upgrade the chariots to knights, so I withdraw my objection.

Who knows, with this much gold I might even be able to aspire to being 1337 no1 playerz someday!
Old May 16, 2002, 15:06   #49
chriss
Settler

Ming, I have a question, do you count as a poster? I have the need to critize the *coughs* Kermit Av *coughs*. excuse me, had a cough, I am frankly finding it difficult to be intimidated by Kermit the Frog I felt a wave of pure frigid terror come over me when that dark,straight to the point, flash gordon eviltar glared at me from the side of your post. I must say it was blossoming with 1337ness and authority. Like the marlbaro man or Mr. Clean, I couldnt say no to its overwhelming,evil , tyranny. I beg of you , please take off the kidd gloves, get back that blazing shrine of mingatude.
Ban me... I dare you

Balls in your court

Chriss
Old May 16, 2002, 15:08   #50
chriss
Settler

BTW Ming, your gonna thank me for bringing back the old Ming by sacraficing myself for the greater good. Be the Ming that we all know and respect. Not some Jim Henson brain fart.
Old May 16, 2002, 15:54   #51
Ming
lifer
Retired

I see no reason to restrict anybody... YET
The thread you started in the Civ III strategy forum on this topic was moved to a more appropriate forum.

Again... these are ON TOPIC forums.

So stop posting off topic in this thread, or any other on topic threads...

Now get back to the topic at hand.

And don't worry... "a" Ming Avatar will be back once the muppet civ II mp joke has come to an end.
Old May 16, 2002, 17:47   #52
zulu9812
King

just out of interest - what is the Civ2 Mp joke?

Back to strategies: does anyone think there comes a point when you should stop expanding? After all, more cities = more money = more production power.
I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Last edited by zulu9812; May 16, 2002 at 18:15.
Old May 16, 2002, 18:33   #53
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

The civ2 joke was a post by war4ever comparing civ2MP regulars with the muppets. Ming was Kermit, obviously.

And your statement isn't that accurate. In civ3 corruption means that more cities doesn't mean more money and production power after a certain point is reached.
Old May 16, 2002, 18:34   #54
Jethro83
Prince

Local Time: 10:25
Quote:
Originally posted by I-iZ-1337

If j00 iz havin probz then j00 can pozt some savez and I wi11 show j00 how t00 b33t deit33 and tell j00 what j00 iz doin wrongz.
I already know what was wrong. I had set up a game on a Pangaea map with maximum landmass, and found myself on a large island off the coast of the main supercontinent. I was using Egypt, and had built swarms of War Chariots. Unfortunately, the only settlements I could use them against were the colonies established by the people overseas. Before I could build enough of a navy to transport them (since nobody had Astronomy or Magnetism the last time I was able to extort technology from my enemies, I was restricted to Galleys), China, who had been superior on their continent were already in the Industrial age at 110 AD. The best offensive unit I could come up with was a knight, which would definitely stand no chance whatsoever against their riflemen. The other civs weren't too far behind. Though I could probably beat them, there'd be no stopping China, because at the rate they were carrying out their research, they'd have tanks by the time I beat the others.

Since it was the first game on Deity in which I'd managed to survive longer than 20 turns, I wasn't yet ready for any island-hopping. The way I should've deviated from those strategies was to divert some production to a navy as soon as I had Map Making.

All I really need is more practice. If I were on the same landmass as all those other civs, I probably would've won it, and kept enough pressure on China to prevent their 110 AD industrialization.
Old May 17, 2002, 10:49   #55
chriss
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming
I see no reason to restrict anybody... YET
The thread you started in the Civ III strategy forum on this topic was moved to a more appropriate forum.

Again... these are ON TOPIC forums.

So stop posting off topic in this thread, or any other on topic threads...

Now get back to the topic at hand.

And don't worry... "a" Ming Avatar will be back once the muppet civ II mp joke has come to an end.

Allrighty Then ill go tend to my thread you moved, its up to like 2 pages now

Chriss
Old May 17, 2002, 14:04   #56
bigvic
Prince

just posting to subscribe, since i accidentally unsubscribed to all forums. BTW, I-iz, you, being black and all, might be interested in the thread, "hidden racial agenda" over in the general forum.

Anyway, you ever try to "iron man" it? Randomize every thing but barbarians, including the civ you play, and make the best of it, no matter how bad it looks? Can be super "1337" tester.

i like ibble blibble
Old May 22, 2002, 09:56   #57
bigvic
Prince

hey Iz, where iz j00?

i like ibble blibble
Old May 22, 2002, 10:18   #58
Harovan
staff

H33 h4z p0zt3d 0n thurzd33z 0nly s0 f4r. Sugg3zt j00 t0 wait till t0m0rr0wz.
Old May 22, 2002, 13:18   #59
AJ Corp. The FAIR
Prince

bhufbl fghrj xcvjhnz kjnf LJNRG LJNG KJNDBV AZIDFNSdfg

dfv;jn kjnfg kjdnf nzdzd j fefz:k kjnfg kj,sfgdkjnbxckjxcvj,

cskjnf sdvjs lksd lkjsd kjnsdfg lsfd;gzij bcv;eq fjldqsd
fg:ljncvh bkjdv
sds<
sdmlk;fbuwcvµQIXCKJCV

AJ

PS: you like my interpretation of standard English?

I iizzzz whites andssss thereforeesssssss peeeeeeoppppplessss
dooooooo nait alwuys understed my und Ich weibbe nicht pourqoui les autres peoples become angry en kwaad en begin to beledig mij and ....
Old May 22, 2002, 13:19   #60
AJ Corp. The FAIR
Prince

Sir Ralph,

United States of Europe?

I've thought of using that myself.

Guess I'll have to stick to my pearl of Flandres now.

AJ