Old May 7, 2001, 02:13   #1
Nemo
Prince

Local Time: 18:57
Local Date: October 30, 2010
We REALLY need an *official* word...
There is alot of things that have come out in previews and pieces on the official site, even bits from the forums. However, people have been bashing or praising every little thing that comes out on the game. Yet, most of the concepts being discussed are speculation, or information out of context (i.e. Firaxis has not given the complete scoop on the different things they give to the previews, shown on their site, or in these forums). Most of what they have leaked so far is limitted info, or blanket responces. This is fine since the game is still in developement, but on some of the things that are serious disapointments so far, I beleive that there should be SOME kind of OFFICIAL acknowledgment from Firaxis. Whether it is "this is how it is, in full..." or "while that is how it is now, we are looking to change it to [something]". i.e. what are the OFFICIAL gov't? what is the OFFICIAL number of civ's? etc. If there is not a definate answer at this time on these and MANY other speculated topics, they at least say..."yes, that is how it stands now, but we are/are not working to change it in X manner."

Just SOME kind of OFFICIAL word on all the bits of mis/information, speculation, guesses, and rumors that are floating around would be nice. I am tired of guesses and multiple answers on the same topics.

thanks,
nemo

p.s. some things i would personally like to see answered are:
WHY only 7 civs? -or- is it 7 major civs, and X number of minor civs...what the deal?
is it true 'nationalism' is *required* for 'armies'?
when the armies fight, is only ONE unit from each side going to fight at a time?
Old May 7, 2001, 08:30   #2
Lord_Davinator
PtWDG Roleplay
Warlord

Local Time: 06:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
right on Nemo... we need... no we DEMAND an OFFICIAL explanation.

True most things might not be fixed yet but still an update on the progress is really really over due...

or maybe firaxis is so busy with the project they don't have the time for anything else??
Old May 7, 2001, 17:13   #3
tniem
King

Local Time: 19:57
Local Date: October 30, 2010
You are right in everything you say, except that by not making anything official Firaxis can view the Civ fans responses and just say well that was taken out of context. They can also take things out of the game that don't play well without fear of offending anyone that wanted that in the game. In the end announcing less will generate more interest on forums and will make it easier for Firaxis to do their job. While I am jumping at the bit for any official information, it is easy to see why Firaxis is releasing very little.