Old May 12, 2002, 07:18   #31
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I found some tips on the Morrowind forums concerning the battle with the Camona Tong, but I need to taunt them first. I try taunting and intimidating them, and this little bar on the top falls to 0 but he doesnt attack me.
Old May 12, 2002, 15:52   #32
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Aha.
Restore whatever potions.

I'l level 7 now, and after a long frustrating trip to Gnissis I joined the Imperial Legions and now i'm doing stuff for them in the area. I have a ring worth 12,000 gold, and 3000 gold worth soul gems. When I return to Caldera(there is a guy there with 5000 gold who buys from you at full price) and Bramola(better money in the Fighter and Magic Guilds) I'll get rid of those stuff.
Old May 12, 2002, 23:59   #33
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 18:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Yes! This game rocks!

Eli sounds like you picked up the game pretty fast, and are doing rather well.

I've got a custom class that specializes in theiving type skills, but can also hit pretty hard, when he needs to. My speechcraft is way up, and i can usually just talk or sneak to get what i want/need, but knowing how to use a sword never hurt. I belong to The Thieves Guild, The Fighters Guild, the Blades, and House Hlaalu, and am really enjoying the political games between the different factions. What with the Balmora chapter of the Fighters Guild being controlled by the Cammona Tong, and them using the Fighters guild to hurt the Thieves Guild, and House Hlaalu's workings against House Rsomething (i forget the name at the moment) It's really quite fun. I'm level 10 as of now (training is about all i ever spend money on) and because my major/minor skills are rather diverse (some thieving, some fighting, even alchemy) then all i've got major/minor skills being used in almost every situation that i'm in.

I've spent most of my time in Balmora and the surrounding area so far, with brieve visits to Hla Oad, Pelagiad, Suran, and Ald'ruhn, i've not been to Vivec yet, but i'll be going soon, i've got some buisness to take care of there.

I've got so much to do right now, it's not even funny. It's rather overwhelming at times. Even with the journal, i find myself needing to keep notes, sort of a "to do" list. It's a pain flipping through all the pages of the journal sometimes lol.

BTW, i want to join the assasins guild. Not the Marag Tong, the other one, i believe it's called the Dark Brotherhood. Any leads?

-theonion.com
Old May 13, 2002, 03:15   #34
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 20:28
Damn system requirements. *grumble*
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old May 13, 2002, 04:06   #35
Eli
Emperor

Important lesson :

If someone tells you to go "just south of the village, to the nearby hill". DONT start looking for roads leading south because you'll end up falling from a huge rock, swimming for half an hour and fighting with fish and birds. Just go to that hill.
Old May 13, 2002, 07:18   #36
Eli
Emperor

Fighting the Camona Tong when you're level 10 and with Heavy Imperial Armor is a very different from fighting them when you're level one and wear a common shirt.

Btw, where's the Thieves Guild in Balmora? I think I missed it.
Old May 13, 2002, 08:34   #37
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 01:28
The Corner Club which you get directed to is a thieves hangout.

Looks like you guys are way ahead of me in terms of plot. I've spent all my time going 'oooh' at the pretty water effects and nearly drowning repeatedly trying to explore Nimue's Grotto, a little waterlogged dungeon north of the starting town. You can swim quite a distance underwater if you keep casting heal on yourself. It rather sidetracked me from worrking out who murdered the tax collector

I've at long last gone to Balmorra and tried taunting the Cammona Tong members but you're right, with low taunt skill even a reaction of 0 and a successful check is not enough. Reading between the lines of some Morrowind board posts you seem to need two or more consecutive successes to get them hostile. With a skill ranking of 6% this is going to be tedious to achieve. I'm waiting to find a speechcraft trainer.
Old May 14, 2002, 14:05   #38
Eli
Emperor

How do I join House Redoran? I talked to everyone in Vivec's Redoran Canton and no one has the answer.
Old May 15, 2002, 23:56   #39
David Floyd
Emperor

Local Time: 00:28
OK, I'm SO getting this game...after popping in another 128MB of RAM, not to mention replacing my fried motherboard
Old May 16, 2002, 05:15   #40
Grumbold
Emperor

Woohoo made level 2 last night

Interesting levelling up schema. I can see the number crunchers trying to find ways of only using 3 stats per level so that they can gain maximum benefit out of the multiplier effect.
Old May 17, 2002, 13:53   #41
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by connorkimbro
BTW, i want to join the assasins guild. Not the Marag Tong, the other one, i believe it's called the Dark Brotherhood. Any leads?
No can do. The Dark Brotherhood presence in Morrowind isn't even strong enough for you to join them. If you want to slaughter people, become a vampire, I hear it's quite enjoyable for awhile. Unfortunately, it is impossible to win the game as a vampire, because nobody will talk to you anymore. Except for the Mage's Guild.
Old May 17, 2002, 13:55   #42
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
I try taunting and intimidating them, and this little bar on the top falls to 0 but he doesnt attack me.
There are spells that enrage humans. I haven't tried them (my SpeechCraft is currently at 57, so Taunting works just fine for me), but if you find a scroll or two then try seeing if this makes Taunting any easier.
Old May 17, 2002, 14:05   #43
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
Btw, trapping souls is fun. I got 100 gold for some rat.
Oh, I agree that trapping souls is fun, I trap souls every chance I get. The only thing is, you shouldn't waste a Soul Trap scroll if the soul you're trapping is worth less than the scroll. A Rat soul will sell for 100 gold, but a Dremora or Bonelord soul will sell for 4000 or 6000 gold (depending on the quality of the gem you used to trap it). A Winged Twilight soul will sell for 60000 gold (although, sadly, I have yet to find somebody with 60000 gold on them). The powerful souls are well worth the cost of a scroll, but the petty souls are only worth it if you can cast the spell.
Old May 17, 2002, 16:27   #44
Eli
Emperor

Yeah, I already figured it out by myself. I have couple of 56,000gc worth grand soul gems.

My charachter is level 25, with maxed Strength and 97 Endurance. My Long Blade and Heavy Armor skills are almost 90 , my armor is at 40 now and I have a really cool Daedric Long Blade(and 150,000gc worth of Daedric spears, daggers etc stored in some cave near Caldera). Currently i'm searching for the lost Nerevarine prophecy book(s).

The Creeper in Caldera(Ghorak Manor) is a very good NPC to sell stuff to, but I couldnt find anyone with more than 5000 gold.
Old May 19, 2002, 16:16   #45
Eli
Emperor

This is the first game ever that I've played for a week and a half without getting bored. And i'm only doing the third Nerevarine Trial now.
Old May 20, 2002, 00:57   #46
Tuberski

Local Time: 19:28
I just barely got the game......it's slow.

Need better graphics card.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old May 20, 2002, 04:15   #47
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 00:28
Eli - you were warned that this was going to be totally adictive...
Less than a fortnight before the UK release - woohoo!

SG[1]
Old May 20, 2002, 18:01   #48
Tuberski

Okay got it working, with no sound and windowed. I can live with both of these because I play when my GF is asleep, and she can't stand noise.

It runs pretty good and my Graphics card is only 16 meg.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old May 22, 2002, 08:46   #49
Grumbold
Emperor

Hah! I'm level 4 now. Bet you're all reeeally jealous
Old May 22, 2002, 17:58   #50
Tuberski

I just made level 5 before I came in to work.

I'm in the Dwarven ruins right now. Can't kill @#$% ghosts!
Old May 23, 2002, 05:41   #51
Grumbold
Emperor

I was having fun in a burial tomb killing skeletons until I goth the 'your weapon is ineffective' message when a ghost popped up. Then I ran for my life
Old May 23, 2002, 07:00   #52
Eli
Emperor

I was bored, so I saved the game, found a nice central spot in Balmora and attacked a Hlaalu guard.
6 more came few moments later to kill me, do you want to see the pile of their bodies? I didnt use magic or potions.
Old May 23, 2002, 07:55   #53
Grumbold
Emperor

hehe one of these days I too will have skills in the 90's
Old May 23, 2002, 18:38   #54
Tuberski

I just did the Bound Item cheat to see if it works.....it does.

I got daedric boots with 80(?) I think armor rating. They also give +10 speed.
Old May 23, 2002, 18:39   #55
Tuberski

Oh, and they also weigh 0.0
Old May 24, 2002, 04:01   #56
Eli
Emperor

What is this bound thingie?

My Ebony Armor gives me 151 armor rating, but it weighs a lot.
Old May 24, 2002, 17:28   #57
Tuberski

It's a spell.

Bound Longsword.
Bound Mace.
Bound Gloves.

They are all minor Daedra trapped in the shape of the item summoned.

I know there is a Bound Cuirass spell, somewhere.
Old May 25, 2002, 05:16   #58
Eli
Emperor

And what does it do?
Old May 26, 2002, 15:47   #59
Eli
Emperor

A full set of Daedric Armor, plus a shield and a one handed sword weighs 414. I have only 86 left to carry other stuff.
Old May 27, 2002, 05:31   #60
Grumbold
Emperor

Yikes, thats heavy. I seem to remember in previous games the Orc armor was heavy as lead but the better enchanted materials actually got lighter after that. Can you enchant pieces to be lighter than usual like you could in Daggerfall?