Old May 27, 2002, 06:35   #61
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Grumbold
Yikes, thats heavy. I seem to remember in previous games the Orc armor was heavy as lead but the better enchanted materials actually got lighter after that. Can you enchant pieces to be lighter than usual like you could in Daggerfall?
I dont think so. I never saw such a spell.

I dont really have a full set of Daedric Armor. I was just playing with the editor. But the Ebony Armor(got it legally) also weighs 300+.

How far in the plot are you Grumbold?
Old May 31, 2002, 16:11   #62
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Finally, I found an enemy that I nead to sweat inorder to defeat him. Lord Vivec.
The battle was hard, but I managed to kill him.

This is what I do when I get bored of the game... Killing spree.
Old May 31, 2002, 20:19   #63
Standup
Prince

Local Time: 01:28
Collector's edition (which seems to be £10 extra for a small figurine - oh well i'll learn eventually) arrived today so i guess i've got a bit of catching up to do. So far i just keep going wow at the water effects.
Old June 1, 2002, 05:27   #64
Eli
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Standup
Collector's edition (which seems to be £10 extra for a small figurine - oh well i'll learn eventually) arrived today so i guess i've got a bit of catching up to do. So far i just keep going wow at the water effects.
I think I heard someone saying that once.
Old June 4, 2002, 20:28   #65
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 18:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I'm something like level 45 or 46 now. I'm the master thief, a House Father in House Hlaalu (with my own stronghold now), and i've advanced a few ranks in some of the other guilds, ie Morag Tong, Fighters Guild. . . and i'm also the Horator of all 3 great houses, all 4 of the Ashlander tribes have proclaimed me the Nereverine, i have aquired Wraithguard from Vivec, Keening and Sunder from the Ash Vampires, killed Dagoth Ur and destroyed the heart of Lokhan, forever banishing the Blight and saving Morrowind. Now i think i'll go kill everyone, everywhere. Some saviour i am, he he

-theonion.com
Old June 7, 2002, 10:59   #66
Grumbold
Emperor

There's a plot?

I haven't got far. Its the only 1 player game I'm doing at the moment (should be since I bought a new PC for it!!) but my online buddies are having a real push at DAoC at the moment so that has been taking a fair amount of my limited playing time. We're readying our entire office (1150 staff) to move to a new hi-tech building and of course the IT infrastructure is moving first, so weekend overtime is almost obligatory too.

Currently Level 6, but thats mostly from random exploration since I don't want to forget bits of plot because its days between sessions.
Old June 7, 2002, 11:57   #67
Standup
Prince

I've only just stopped looking at the water..and then it rained so i sat on the beach a bit longer.
Made it to level 2 (hurrah) but still seem so puny that i can't wander in any of the dungeons. Haven't successfully sneaked on anyone yet.
Are the cities less fighter focused ?
Old June 10, 2002, 09:56   #68
Grumbold
Emperor

Yes, although finding the parts of the plot you can do as a mage before your skill increases a bit is tricky. I would recommend roaming near the starting village and practicing on the small monsters. Even they are tough to kill sorcerously.
Old June 10, 2002, 12:43   #69
JohnIII
Warlord

Local Time: 00:28
I beat the Cammona Tong at level 3, thanks to my tactic of switching between two enchanted shortswords and my excellent Speechcraft skills.

I am only at level 4, and on my way to the Urshilakublah tomb. Am I just doing this too quickly?
Old June 10, 2002, 18:44   #70
Tuberski

Local Time: 19:28
Ijust got the Robes of St. Regis(?)

awesome, i can stand toe to toe with anything....so far.

I'm level 20.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old June 10, 2002, 19:27   #71
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

So - any tips for a Dark Elf Spellsword born under the sign of the Lady? So far I took the Silt thingy to Balmora, found Casius, joined the blades, joined the Fighter and Mage guilds, killed the rats, and talked to the guy in the fort.

I'm somewhat embarressed that it took about 5 tries to kill the rats - a shield made the task slightly easier, but I was out of magicka (eugh - I much prefer mana) and almost dead when I got the last one down. I used the money to buy some armour - unfortunately, my prime armour skill is medium, but I shall live.

Should I perhaps walk back to Seyda Neen and take on the smugglers, and find Falgorth's stash? I didn't like to go for the smugglers as a new character, but it's actually possible I take it? SHould I join the thieves guild? It seems to be the only way to get the names of the 5 thieves I need to kill. And how should I get down the river for the mushrooms? Water walking seems possible, if somewhat expensive. Or have I missed some boats somewhere?
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old June 10, 2002, 19:43   #72
JohnIII
Warlord

Why not take the siltstrider? Of coruse, if you've a high Speechcraft skill you can get lower prices, but you should have enough for a Siltstrider.

Also, go to Vivec. It's great, once you get used to the layout. There is loads to do.
Old June 10, 2002, 19:44   #73
JohnIII
Warlord

Oh, and the thieves you need to kill--ask around ('bad people' should be an option in Balmora). Hint: they aren't Thieves Guild.
Old June 10, 2002, 19:58   #74
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Chowlett
So - any tips for a Dark Elf Spellsword born under the sign of the Lady? So far I took the Silt thingy to Balmora, found Casius, joined the blades, joined the Fighter and Mage guilds, killed the rats, and talked to the guy in the fort.

I'm somewhat embarressed that it took about 5 tries to kill the rats - a shield made the task slightly easier, but I was out of magicka (eugh - I much prefer mana) and almost dead when I got the last one down. I used the money to buy some armour - unfortunately, my prime armour skill is medium, but I shall live.

Should I perhaps walk back to Seyda Neen and take on the smugglers, and find Falgorth's stash? I didn't like to go for the smugglers as a new character, but it's actually possible I take it? SHould I join the thieves guild? It seems to be the only way to get the names of the 5 thieves I need to kill. And how should I get down the river for the mushrooms? Water walking seems possible, if somewhat expensive. Or have I missed some boats somewhere?
Do all the quests that the Kajiit in the Mages guild gives you, after each one ask about advancement.

He gives you several fairly useful things.

Make cheap training spells to increase your magic skills.

Run and Jump around when you can. Helps Athletics and Acrobatics.

Oh, and for Falgorth's Stash, find it and DON'T go back to the guy in the trade house, just keep the money.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old June 10, 2002, 20:08   #75
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuberski
Make cheap training spells to increase your magic skills.
In the sense of "custom build" cheap spells?
Old June 10, 2002, 20:19   #76
Tuberski

Quote:

In the sense of "custom build" cheap spells?
Yes, I do it just to get my magical abilities up to usefulness. Kind of tedious, but it helps in the end.

of cours, you DO have to buy spells before you can make cheap spells with that effect.

Also, buy levitate, and make a cheap levitate spell of around 7 seconds duration. ( should be right before it costs 2 spell points,I believe).

This is my most used spell in the game!
Old June 11, 2002, 04:33   #77
JohnIII
Warlord

On Flagorth's stash: give Falgorth his ring back, then watch him go to his stash, then go take everything. That way you get a 100 reputation witht he trader and get the ring which he just put there .

Oh, and don't take Tuberski's advice and do cheap levelling up. Level up the proper way.
Old June 11, 2002, 06:56   #78
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Damn, have already given Falgorth his ring back...
Old June 11, 2002, 08:52   #79
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Hey - Chowlett, don't get too far ahead - i don't get my copy until Father's Day -- I thought it might be nice to have at least one person still at level -99 so that we can cry on each other's shoulders...

SG[1]
Old June 11, 2002, 09:52   #80
Grumbold
Emperor

Tubs' way isn't cheating if you want to be a mage. Some spheres of magic just don't get practiced much in combat. Should they lag behind pitifully as a result?

One time I was swimming around looking for hidden treasure (plenty of it out there) and got attacked by something pathetic. By the time I reached shore I'd had to heal myself a few times and had improved my armor wearing skills twice. Getting your armor hit dozens of times isn't cheating, so why should spell practicing? The system is biased in favour of multiple minor tests over one big test, so using a dozen mini heals instead of one masive one is only sensible if it isn't an emergency and you want to be a healer mage. Otherwise the skills you have to use a lot to survive (main attack, main defence) will always raise out of proportion to the rest even if you don't want them to. I'm deliberately making sure my levels dont all come from longblade and heavy armor increases. Too many who went that route are complaining that at level 13 they can beat down town guards because they're the best swordsman in the world already.
Old June 11, 2002, 12:38   #81
JohnIII
Warlord

You don't have to use them in combat--for example, you can practise alteration to steal stuff.
Old June 11, 2002, 14:26   #82
November Adam
Prince

Local Time: 17:28
I'm playing this game on the X-Box, how is every ones computers handling the game? Any stutters? Good frame rates?

So does anyone know how to get the code book for the fighters guild 4th quest? They say Soleil (or some such thing) has it, so I picked her pockets, but she wasn't carrying it.

The pick pockets is kinda fun... for the agents at the ebony mines, I walked right up to the lookout, in sneak mode (he saw me though), and before he attacked I picked his pockets and stole his 2 heal potions, and then attacked him.

I just love this game, the atmosphere is so great. The thunder storm in the swamps was gorgeous.

Is there anything in that underwater grotto? I just kept getting stuck in the weeds.
Old June 11, 2002, 15:04   #83
JohnIII
Warlord

I got the code book by asking. She just said 'sure, have it, I don't need it'. Simple .

The ash storms are amazing, but why, when my character has an ENCLOSED ebony helm, does he put is UNPROTECTED hand over his face?
Old June 11, 2002, 15:10   #84
Eli
Emperor

I didnt finish the game yet. Been spending too much time of school and GTA3 in the last weeks.
Old June 11, 2002, 19:24   #85
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnIII

Oh, and don't take Tuberski's advice and do cheap levelling up. Level up the proper way.
I never said to level up this way. I have quite a few magic skills in the Misc. box.

Misc. skills don't help in leveling up.

However, if I'm 1/10 of a way from the next level, I will do it to level up. In town where I can sleep afterwards.
Old June 11, 2002, 19:35   #86
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Is there a whole lot of use in my current single destruction spell? It does some pitiful amount of fire damage on touch...

And what should I train in, when I get sufficient money for it?
Old June 11, 2002, 20:38   #87
Tuberski

Quote:
Is there a whole lot of use in my current single destruction spell? It does some pitiful amount of fire damage on touch...

And what should I train in, when I get sufficient money for it?
Train your main weapon skill....a little.
Same with your armor and blocking.

Athletics increases naturally if you run everywhere, which I do.

Other than for practice purposes, your first spell won't do a whole lot.
Old June 12, 2002, 06:43   #88
Grumbold
Emperor

Conversely the first heal spell is actually not bad.
Old June 12, 2002, 10:02   #89
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

yes, I know. I used it three times while fighting the cave rats...
Old June 12, 2002, 12:48   #90
JohnIII
Warlord

The Mara's Gift spell that you get with the Ritual is bloody useful. 200 HP!