Old May 10, 2002, 16:45   #1
Hopdevil007
Civilization III Democracy Game
Settler

Local Time: 19:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Caesar's Quest
Well, id like some fed back....i read alot of the stories on this site but finally got around to starting one myself. Enjoy

The Greek War council was discussing the current threat of the Englo-Russo alliance that had been formed by the greed of Queen Elizabeth to control western lands when a messenger from the northern border burst in.

“The Romans my Liege, their infantry are crossing the border and our spy’s indicate a collection of bombers in Thermoplyea. I fear invasion” panted the winded messenger.

Alexander’s eyes met with his foreign minister. Without a word spoken the minister exited the room on his way to contact the embassy in Rome. Unfortunately Alexander knew the talks would be futile and that more than likely there was no Greek embassy in Rome anymore. Alexander rose from the large chair at the head of the table and strolled over to the large windows facing north. He peered hopelessly to the Northern mountains and remembered the half of his empire lay on the other side of the great peaks which is now in Roman hands. Two hundred years ago a Roman invasion stole four cities from the dwindling Greek Empire. To the south, four other cities where also stolen by French imperialism. The five remaining Greek cities balanced on the edge of a knife.

“The Romans are invading” Alexander finally spoke. The voices of his council stopped and all eyes focused on the emperor. “These are the final days of our empire my servants. If the Romans attack, which they most certainly will, our few outdated Calvary and riflemen will not stand a chance and our cities will fall.” Alexander turned to the shocked faces of his council and sighed.

“We must TRY to fight sir," exclaimed the defense minister.

“Then stay and fight” retorted Alexander. “I am leaving, by this time tomorrow this city will be all but destroyed and in the hands of the Romans. We’ve all seen the Roman war machine in action at the English City of Birmingham. So stay and fight General. Put rifles in the hands of the young men of this city and wait to die. I am leaving and going to Mycenae, good luck General.” With that Alexander left the council room.

On the other side of the Northern Mountains Caesar was paying a visit to the Generals in command of the Roman invasion force.

“Those damn English!” Caesar screamed. “Every chance they get they try to stake a claim on the western lands.” Caesar was speaking of the transport group coming up the coast toward Greek cities. “What are we looking at here anyway? How many troops do you expect will land General?”

The General released his fixated gaze from the map on the table and looked up at the stern face of Caesar. “No way to tell my lord. More than likely it will be Calvary. At the most 80,000 troops, that’s the maximum that can be held on the transport group. They will probably land near Pharsalos, we have no way of stopping them even if we were at war with them.”

“Send the tank units we have in reinforcements to establish a blockade here, here, and here.” Caesar said as he pointed to the map. “That will block them from further conquest of the Greek Empire. The only way through is by way of our lands and I’ll tell my diplomats to keep in constant touch with Elizabeth to be sure that does not happen.” Caesar looked up and smiled at the generals. “Everything else will go as planned, send in the bombers. I must return to Rome to oversee the building of Roman navy. The English will pay for their imperialism onto the western continent.” After a round of solutes Caesar walked out of the general’s headquarters in long powerful steps.
Old May 10, 2002, 17:54   #2
Samuel Johnson
Warlord

Local Time: 20:29
Cool, good start. Funny that the Greeks were actually the Eastern half of theRoman empire IRL ...
Old May 10, 2002, 19:28   #3
Hopdevil007
Settler

“Yes, remove the troops,” said Elizabeth to her general. “Damn that Caesar, every time I try to expand my lands he sticks his nose in my business. He’s lucky I don’t declare on Rome.”

Elizabeth rose from her throne and eloquently glided across the palace floor to her territory map. She peered disappointedly at the marker tagged “Pharsalos.” 60,000 Calvary, 20,000 horsemen, and one naval battle group was sent to the far coast of what was the Greek empire and all that was captured was one lousy city. Now those forces were uselessly idle against a wall of Roman tanks. Roman armies, unlike her own forces, were capturing and razing all the Greek cities and only Mycanea still remained occupied by Greek forces.

“What’s next Caesar?” Elizabeth asked herself.

Caesar was going over a pollution report from his domestic advisor when one of his generals strolled in. “Your report general?” Caesar asked.

“Good news my lord” responded the general “the Greeks are all but destroyed. Their few remaining armies have withdrawn to Mycanea and their government is in shambles. Shall we make the final march sire?"

“No,” responded Caesar “not yet.”

“Excuse me my lord,” asked the general, obviously surprised by the response.

“The time is coming general, be patient. Remember when we took Delphi? Do you remember the problem we had with the resistance?”

“Yes I do sir, it slowed our armies because we had to quell the resisters.” answered the general.

“This time I want you to use our bombers and flatten the city. By doing this our armies will encounter fewer resisters because they will already be dead. Simple as that.” Caesar said as he continued to flip through the pollution report.

“Yes my lord.” Said the general.

Captain Sahoza relaxed as he flew over the remains of the Greek Empire. Sahoza flew a bomber in the RAF (Roman Air Force). Gazing out the window he could see the destroyed railroads surrounding the city of Mycanea. His mission was simple, fly to the city and wait for orders.

“Bird One this is Base. Proceed to target three and release payload.” The radio crackled.

“Base, this is Bird One, fox three over.” Sahoza replied as he banked to the left and looked at his map. “That’s the royal palace.” Sahoza said to his co-pilot. “Looks like we’re the lucky ones who get to wax that SOB Alexander.” Sahoza smiled broadly.

Alexander heard the footsteps coming up his palace stairs. The palace was empty and the fact that he was emperor was irrelevant. The last Greek City was in turmoil and the Roman bombers were patrolling in the skies above the city. The only Greek army left was the royal guard and even they were leaving their posts and giving up. When the footsteps finally arrived in the dilapidated throne room Alexander could hear the “swoosh” the general’s hand made as it cut the air in a salute. Alexander didn’t care what the general had to say it was obvious they were finished and nothing the general had to say would change that.

“What do you want?” Alexander said as he lifted his head from his palms and looked at the general’s bloody and torn uniform. Alexander’s voice was hard to understand because of the large quantities of alcohol he had drunk.

“Excuse me sire?” asked the general.

“What do you want?” Alexander struggled to ask again.

The general understood him this time. “We are surrounded and out numbered. I estimate 60,000 tanks and 20,000 infantry. The French have sided with English and Russians. The Germans and the Chinese have both refused envoys. I don’t believe Caesar is going to except surrender. If you can remember what he did to Cleopatra, I hope we don’t suffer a similar fate my lo….”

Alexander cut him off with a very audible “Shhhhhh.” Silence.

For the next minute there was only the faint sound of sobs coming from Alexander. Soon this sound was interrupted.

“Do you hear a train coming?” said the general before the bomb hit.

Last edited by Hopdevil007; May 11, 2002 at 13:47.
Old May 10, 2002, 23:26   #4
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
maybe proof it a little more (METALITURTLE CONFOOZD)
Old May 11, 2002, 02:31   #5
Hopdevil007
Settler

The door of the chopper flung open and the sturdy figure of Caesar climbed out and began to trek across the landing pad to his defense minister. Dressed in full fatigues and smoking a cigar the minister greeted his leader with excitement

“If you would fallow me sire I’ll lead you to HQ.” The minister screamed over the noisy chopper blades. After a short walk and a long elevator ride the two men emerged into a large underground military installation. Charts and maps hung on the walls; experts of all kinds used radar, spies, and intelligence in a feverish attempt to gather as much information as possible about the enemy. The minister led Caesar to a separate room where a huge map and pin markers detailed troop positions.

Now that the Greeks where destroyed Caesar concentrated on removing the rest of the eastern scum from Western lands and claiming the entire western continent for Rome. The English still occupied the Greek City of Pharsalos and Caesar planned on removing them for good.

“Remember the invasion force we blockaded in the war with Greece sire? Well, it’s still there. We are afraid when we attack their Calvary will advance to our cities and capture our engineering groups.” The minister the minister explained.

“Good,” said Caesar “that gives me a great idea.”

“The Romans have attacked a patrol sir!” cried the messenger to the English general.

“Are you sure son?” Asked the general.

“Yes sir, it was Roman tanks. Sneak attack.”

“Get the boys ready and get me Elizabeth on the horn right now!” the general commanded. Minute’s later English Calvary was crossing into Roman territory.

“See, I told you she would go after them.” Caesar motioned to pin markers where English forces had captured Romans. “Now blitz the city from the north through the plains. The infantry from the heartland will arrive here and here via the railroads. From the south we can bring bombers and the rest of the tanks to attack their main forces. In one offensive we will destroy all the English trespassers once and for all.” Caesar grinned triumphantly at his defense minister.

“Excellent strategy sire,” Replied the defense minister “using refuges as a weapon of war. I must say its brilliant.”

“Good,” remarked Caesar “then you can do it yourself. Prepare my jet, I have unfinished business in Rome. After you capture the city prepare to attack the French infidels to the south.

“It is always good to see our friends the English.” claimed Jean. “Welcome to Paris Elizabeth, I hope you enjoyed your trip.”

“Thank you Jean but I am afraid this visit will not be enjoyable. As you have probably seen the Romans have annihilated my troops outside Pharsalos and are now poised next to your western cities. You saw what they have done to the Egyptians and the Greeks too. Caesar’s insane and that makes him very dangerous. I’m prepared to make a deal with you Jean, are you willing to listen?”

Jean motioned to her servants to leave. Elizabeth sat down.

“Caesar is going to attack you Jean. I’ve talked to the Chinese and the Russians. They’re with us. We are all afraid. If that warmongering psychopath takes the last of the western settlements then there is only one thing left for him to attack, the western continent. The wars we have all fought with the Romans have never spilt onto western soil Jean.”

“What do you propose?” asked Jean.

“Why do you still work for me?” Caesar asked his foreign minister. “Every time I talk to it’s bad news. Or it’s something I could care less about. Then you come in here and give me this crap.” Caesar was beginning to yell. “What are you getting paid for anyway? I mean, some diplomat you are. You’re telling me you just sat around and did nothing? The French sign protection pacts with the Russians and Chinese. Of course they would make an alliance with the English after that.”

The foreign minister couldn’t take it any more and ran out of the room. Immediately afterwards the Defense Minister marches in and solutes. “My orders sir?” he asked.

“Minister I want you to destroy every Frenchmen you see on western land. When you’re done with that kill any body that is not Roman you want. We are at war with the world…minister, is that gun loaded?”

“Of course my lord.”

“Excellent, I need to barrow it. On your way out send the foreign minister back in.”

Last edited by Hopdevil007; May 11, 2002 at 02:37.
Old May 11, 2002, 03:53   #6
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Local Time: 18:29
Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!

In the next segment, put the foriegn minister in a garden maze, give the foriegn minister 10 seconds of running time, and let Caesar hunt the guy down
Old May 11, 2002, 03:54   #7
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

BTW, I think Caesar is pretty cool, cause he can 'Shhhh' somebody halfway across the Roman Empire
Old May 11, 2002, 19:47   #8
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 20:29
Nice story Ceasar is cool anyway...hehehe . Don't give this one up!
Old May 11, 2002, 22:24   #9
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

yes keep writing!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 12, 2002, 09:23   #10
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
4 words, nuclear holocaust time baby
Old May 16, 2002, 18:33   #11
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

bump

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 30, 2002, 18:19   #12
Hopdevil007
Settler

sorry but im not gonna finish this one. i do plan on writting another story at some point. I've been really busy with other stuff lately and almost didnt have time to finish the game. i was the romans and won via the space race. oh yeah, hey civman, whats a bump?