Old June 10, 2002, 08:03   #391
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 03:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hmmm... could this bizarre meteorological phenomenon outside (unusually bright sunny days, warm temperature, frisk breezes) known to the public as "summer" have something to do with this spreading epidemic of writer's block?
Old June 10, 2002, 12:48   #392
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 18:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Excuse me, but I myself am personally fighting a sword-duel with the evil Lord Writers-Block, and it looks like a draw...

Besides, in a few days I'll be packing up to go on a trip for two weeks! Aaaaaargh!
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10, 2002, 13:25   #393
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

I think we should summon up a party to combat the Lord (yes, I have been playing some RPG's lately ). I'm already a heralded Knight of Lady Sefie ( ), so I'd probably be a WhiteKnight (or a Paladin for you AD&D players).
Old June 11, 2002, 05:57   #394
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 10:30
Ah, AD&D, how fondly I remember thee. It's most fun when you play with a couple of guys who act drunk even when they're not. The best adventure I ever had was where me and a friend, Brian, were two dwarf warrior brothers, searching for our mother's killer, who just happened to be a lesbian vampire, aided and abetted by her gay son (conveniently named after someone in Brian's home room). We bar-brawled our way across the land until I got arrested for burning down the mayor's house.

The Evil Lord Writers-Block has been sighted in the Forgotten Continent as well. But he has a couple of allies come to his aid when working on me, twin demons with the ineffable names of Exam Time and World Cup Fever.
Old June 11, 2002, 21:39   #395
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 00:30
Howdy,I was wondering if it be allright if somebody's ship got attacked by my little rebels?
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2002, 04:37   #396
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Uh, some of Coalition trade ships perhaps? You really can't diminish your rep with us anymore.

In other news... keep a close eye on Coalition internal politics... something big is going to happen.
Old June 13, 2002, 08:08   #397
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 19:30
I'm slowing writing up a post. I'm not sure on the length of it yet

Silence: you can attack Spartan ships if you want if you don't mind your attackers getting vaporized.

One way to realize you have been gone from SMAC too long-When you start having dreams about it. Actually I played a game of SMAC last night for the first time in ages. Maybe that was it.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2002, 05:03   #398
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Hmmm... a triple post by me. I am starting to feel like a spammer...

Ok, this plot change permits me to engage in my spin-off, for now I call it BAC: Heritage. I have the timeline of it in place, now I just need to write the first chapter to get started.
Old June 14, 2002, 07:09   #399
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Enthralling!

You'd have to make at least fifteen posts in a row before you get anywhere near Spammer status.
Old June 14, 2002, 07:14   #400
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I have scored seven consecutive posts in the Suomithreadi.

Hemm, the Nirda... yes... the Armageddon Device... yup... the Heritage... a-ha... although I have never seen Neon Genesis Evangelion, only read of it, I have a strange feeling that Heritage will somehow be influenced by it.
Heritage will be placed to the years 2701 - 2795, and I will make heavy use of the liberty a different timeline offers.
Old June 14, 2002, 07:16   #401
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Actually, I plan to make Heritage independent enough to remain comprehensible for even those who have never read BAC. I even have a couple of guinea pigs in sight whom I shall test this with.
Old June 14, 2002, 11:09   #402
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

What the?! Tremaine? Blown up?!

Well...whooooo did it?!
Old June 14, 2002, 15:25   #403
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Well read the story... Naval Intelligence rogues working for Wakazashi, of course.

Or, well, the spinoff might give you some other theories once it's concluded... which will take very, very long time since I just got humongous inspiration concerning the alternate time period of 2782 - 2785.
Old June 14, 2002, 15:35   #404
Kassiopeia
Emperor

BAC: Heritage

First time in ages I pressed the "Post New Thread" button. On the weekend I'll prolly get Part One finished. But what you will, or should, love most will be Part Three. At least I'm going to enjoy it.
Old June 14, 2002, 20:27   #405
Sprayber
Emperor

Looks good so far Kass

I finally got around and got the post together. I revised it many times and actually started over once. The quote by Spartan Kell was actually one of the paragraphs used in the oringal post.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old June 14, 2002, 20:48   #406
Sprayber
Emperor

Just so that everyone knows, I am saving each page of the thread as it fills up. So if something does happen to the forum and the thread is lost for some crazy reason, I do have a copy of it in it's orginal form up to page 7. When it gets to page 9 I'll save page 8. No big deal and I problably never will need it but it's there just in case.
Old June 14, 2002, 23:50   #407
Western Paladin
Settler

Local Time: 00:30
[wrong thread, sorry]
Western Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2002, 23:55   #408
Mr. President
Emperor

Hope you find the right thread next time.

Ah, the plot thickens! I'm still in an exam period, but I should be back fairly soon.

I think it's good that you're saving the story thread. That way it'll never be forgotten, even when it's buried.
Old June 15, 2002, 05:55   #409
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I'm keeping a copy of the story thread also, mainly because I prefer to read it offline... so, let's just say in case Sprayber's hard drive goes *poof*.
Old June 15, 2002, 11:09   #410
History Guy
King

Ah. Right-O. I'm still hoping against hope that Tremaine actually gets out of this alive, but there doesn't seem to be much chance of that...man, I can't wait till those two conspirators get there's!

Heritage looks good.

HOORAH MORGANITES!!

Whoops...did I say that out loud?

Anyway, I will be leaving this afternoon, and will be gone for the better part of the next two weeks. Till then...toodleloo!
Old June 15, 2002, 13:53   #411
Kassiopeia
Emperor

If you want to have Tremaine survive, stick to Heritage.

And really, it isn't even getting started. I have big plans for Part Three. It'll be full of stuff for non-BACers, but lots of inside references for those who have read BAC.

I hope to have advanced to Part Three once HG gets back.
Old June 16, 2002, 18:57   #412
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:30
...frankychan wakens from his BAC slumber....

*stretch*
*yawn*

Hey everyone! Just checking in with you all to make sure that I'm still around. I've been spending a lot of time in the "Off-Topic" forums and making trouble for everyone there!

Anyway, read all the new stuff and think its good!
Mr. Prez-Good luck!
History Guy-good to see you're still here. Have a good trip.
Kass-Good stuff w/Heritage! I wanna see suhmore. Oh, check back in the AC-general forum. I left you a message in the Fav-Books thread.

EVERYONE ELSE-Keep it up and have a good summer! Take care and I'll see ya the next time...or in the OT forums

Peace, baby!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2002, 23:58   #413
Sovereign
Prince

Hi Guys!

I'm almost finished writing the post... I need to put the finishing touches on it, and add a few more details... then its a go!

But I need to know some info about costs in BAC. The quantum tech prototypes need to cost something to be prototyped and built.

Whats a good estimate? 10 million, 50 milion, 100 million, or 1 billion credits?

I think we should at least establish a "energy" cost to the material costs of a unit, prototype, or ship... like in the SMAC and SMAC-X games... you spend, say, 10 minerals on a scouter, with no armor, no weapons, and a "fission" engine.

How would that 10 minerals translate into the energy economy Mellian proposed?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not sure of the "expenses" and "costs" of building ships, prototypes, etc. in BAC. Does it follow the same logic as a $2 billion USA Stealth bomber? Or a $10 billion nuclear carrier? Or does it follow a different logic?

I'm trying to figure out how expensive it is to construct Quantum Reactor and Quantum prototype technologies, compared to the other ships, armies, cities, infrastructure, etc. that the other factions build and maintain.

Sorry if I sound repetitive, but I needed to air out my thoughts and questions. Lets try and figure this one out guys... then that last major hurdle would be "jumped" and done with for my next post.

Laters,

Academician Randius Zakharov
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2002, 03:30   #414
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:30
Sovereign-

Good to see you back!...um, I dunno. *shrug* sorry!
As for the upcoming post, I'm still working on it. If you want, I can send you a PM w/what I got so far.....can you give me some names to work with? Thanks!

Sprayber- Spartan Kell looks good! Damn those evil, evil Spartans!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2002, 17:13   #415
Mellian
Queen

Sprayber, nice start with Spartan Kell

but wasn't Santiago part of the Jade Falcon gang in Los Angelas? and then later was part of the Spartan Coalition that had hypothitical control of south california and part of north-west mexico?

-Mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2002, 18:10   #416
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
Sprayber, nice start with Spartan Kell

but wasn't Santiago part of the Jade Falcon gang in Los Angelas? and then later was part of the Spartan Coalition that had hypothitical control of south california and part of north-west mexico?

-Mellian

Quote:
Born 2026, San Juan, Puerto Rico. Family emigrated to Mexico City; orphaned during East Side Riots of 2034. Joined survivalist gang known as Jade Falcons; remained in city with younger siblings for several years more (exact whereabouts unknown). Later appeared in Boyce Heights, New Los Angeles, alone. Joined NLA Red Panthers (community security force), then moved on to join City Guard; distinguished self as Battalion Commander as city imposed martial law in 2050. Joined U.N. Security Force in 2053; excellent discipline, physical agility and ability to thrive in any environment led to selection as part of security force, U.N. Alpha Centauri Mission.
Jade Falcon was during her Mexican years.
Old June 19, 2002, 07:41   #417
Mellian
Queen

The where did the East Side Riots in NLA come from if it is in Mexico City?

Anyway, started a quick pace story game at Spacebattles.

just go to http://kier.3dfrontier.com/forums/fo...php?forumid=10

check out the Quasar threads, and the Total Annihilation/Stargate/Homeworld/etc thread for rules and information.

-Mellian
Old June 19, 2002, 20:53   #418
Mr. President
Emperor

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Spartan Coalition on Earth. But I guess that might explain where the people who helped Santiago hijack the Unity came from.

Edit: That thing at Space Battles, in addition to crashing my mother's computer, looks really complicated.
Old June 19, 2002, 21:26   #419
Sprayber
Emperor

The origins of the Spartan Coalition are vague. It started somewhere between the time Santiago left the City Gaurd of NLA and the time she lead the liberation of a colony pod on board unity.

There was actually a short story floating around somewhere, from firaxis I think, about the time she spent in NLA when martial law was in effect. The east side riots was in Mexico City when she was younger. she lost her parents in that riot.

I may be wrong but in another offical story there is a scene on earth that described where Yang wanted to get rid of Santiago as a member of the security force but Garland overrid him. But like I said it's been a long time since I even saw that.
Old June 20, 2002, 06:10   #420
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Edit: That thing at Space Battles, in addition to crashing my mother's computer, looks really complicated.
Just wait until i simplify the rules and put it one post

Lot simpler then what i was working on for the Never Ending Chiron idea...which i may as well start after if finish the program. The Quasar SD can be a experiment at wether it is easier to play with a bit of structure and rules, yet keep a good pace with the game.

-Mellian