Old May 14, 2002, 20:19   #121
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 10:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Lacrosse is an inherently funny word, don't you think?
Old May 14, 2002, 20:20   #122
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

P. S. Wouldn't they have gone crazy, watching and playing only lacrosse for 800 years?
Old May 14, 2002, 20:35   #123
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 20:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
P. S. Wouldn't they have gone crazy, watching and playing only lacrosse for 800 years?
Well, Lacrosse and College Football.

"Woooo!!!!!!! Go Big 12!"
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2002, 20:35   #124
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Lacrosse is an inherently funny word, don't you think?
Hey now, the Iroqouis invented it.
Old May 14, 2002, 20:41   #125
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar

Hey now, the Iroqouis invented it.
Oh, sorry.

Any major league football? Where do the college players play when they graduate?
Old May 14, 2002, 20:56   #126
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:

Oh, sorry.

Any major league football? Where do the college players play when they graduate?
Sure, there's a league. But most College graduates get through college 'cos Uncle Ian is paying for it. So, they might spend two years in the starfleet, the star marines, National Lab system, whathave you.
Old May 14, 2002, 20:59   #127
Mr. President
Emperor

Pays for most of them? Wow. Talk about economic self-sufficiency!
Old May 15, 2002, 11:45   #128
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 18:30
Lonestar-- Ah, OK. Maybe Morgan himself will be out there as soon as this nasty war business is over. Morgan is now a very very busy man!

LMP & Sprayber-- Ah, OK. Firaxis it is, then! Hsiang! Bring me a rum!

Sovereign-- Hmmm...well, I'd figure that right now in the BAC World it's early June. Morgan's visit is slated for...August if I remember correctly. So, it'll be after this beastly little war ends. What plot could we work with? Any ideas?

Franky-- Uh-oh. Something tells me Mr. Yang is going to act like his jerky old self again. Morgan would hate to publish the transmissions, but if needs be...
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2002, 12:20   #129
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Pays for most of them? Wow. Talk about economic self-sufficiency!
Hey, if you wanna vote, you gotta serve. Doesn't mean the guv'ment won't help out so you can serve it in the best possible way.
Old May 15, 2002, 14:42   #130
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 19:30
oh by goodness! oh my goodness!

i have quite an idea for a new SMAC/X interactive game and already thought up of the system for over a hour straight today, after realizing how easy to establish it, implentment it and then play it without much hassle (maybe except the moderator, shrugs) the game will be bit of a fast pace, so not lot of creative writing and doesn't take to much time a day to participate also maybe a bit of basic math as it involves the fudge system a bit, but oh wells ...for it to work aslo requires honesty, consideration and common sense.

it started since i explored the nevert ending story stuff at civfanatics, and then suggested a renewal of CC... now, i really thought about it and want to make it happen... just getting people interested to join here in this forum. I can moderate it..just establishing it will take some time, i can get it going by next week (with my record, possibly a week or more then that...but i am very excited!)

i even worked out the military and probe stuff which usually always the problem in interactive games...and will be fair.

won't be a slug fest either...unless the people wants too and will be of a fast pace.

if i pull this off and if i have the time... start a Civ3 one which will in my opinion be better and more stable then NESes at Civfanatic.

i will type it out on wordpad when i can tonite, then post it tommorrow or whatever in a Development thread i start out... where i can get some feedback.

what do you think? do you think i will pull this out or is it just another phase of mine?

-Mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2002, 18:31   #131
Lonestar
inmate
King

I think another phase.
Old May 15, 2002, 19:50   #132
Lonestar
inmate
King

Yo! Where is everyone?
Old May 15, 2002, 20:05   #133
Mr. President
Emperor

Apolyton crashed out last night for some reason. I don't know where anyone is now. Just when I was starting to get some idea of when people come on . . .
Old May 15, 2002, 20:08   #134
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

I'm here.
Old May 15, 2002, 20:16   #135
Mr. President
Emperor

Well, so am I, now.

All right, we need more storylines. Do you have any new ideas, History Guy?
Old May 15, 2002, 20:22   #136
History Guy
King

Well, maybe some more stuff about mafia...but we all know about that plot already...

Hmmm...how's about some silly political coup that gets some top officials in trouble, and the UN wants a trial?
Old May 15, 2002, 20:24   #137
History Guy
King

Civilian political activists in...the Hive!!!

Civilian stuff...hmmm...I could do something about a Morganite publishing company, perhaps...newspapers, magazines...the lot...
Old May 15, 2002, 20:24   #138
Mr. President
Emperor

They're gonna arrest Ethan Maxwell in Avalon pretty soon. Maybe someone will care about that (probably the UN).
Old May 15, 2002, 20:26   #139
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Civilian political activists in...the Hive!!!

Civilian stuff...hmmm...I could do something about a Morganite publishing company, perhaps...newspapers, magazines...the lot...
Did you see Tomorrow Never Dies? That's got a lot of inspiration potential vis-a-vis the media and its power.
Old May 15, 2002, 20:27   #140
History Guy
King

Hmmm...or perhaps we could do something completely unexpected. Some politician, some big-wig, does something really stupid with disastrous consequences!!
Old May 15, 2002, 20:30   #141
History Guy
King

Quote:
Did you see Tomorrow Never Dies? That's got a lot of inspiration potential vis-a-vis the media and its power.
Yes, I have actually. The one in which Jonathan Pryce plays a rather kooky little magnate who decides to literally make the news, if I remember. Actually, it might be somewhat interesting...especially if later on I connect it somehow with the mafia stuff...But the publishing idea in itself sounds actually, fairly promising!
Old May 15, 2002, 20:59   #142
History Guy
King

Hmm...well, I got 500 posts down. I'd use a custom avatar if I could figure out how too...
Old May 15, 2002, 21:07   #143
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 19:30
History: when you get to the screen where you choose your avatar you just click change avatar and wait till the screen to come up. Down where your avatar is click the browse button and select the file you want to use as an avatar. It has to be 80X80 or below.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2002, 22:05   #144
Lonestar
inmate
King

Oy, I gots an idea...

As I said, we could have Morgan Intersteller join CHOAM.

I posted a expository on CHOAM in the datalinks, for some reason it didn't sitck...

In addition, we can travel along the Protectorate-Dron Republic trade story some more Mr. President.
Old May 15, 2002, 22:33   #145
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:30
Hello I'm here!

Well, just to inform you all about what's happening in frankychanland,

Just took my French Oral exam and final today (bombed em both), so I'll be able to post my stories up probably by tomorrow. I got one more final (History exam) so it should be pretty easy....it's about european history 1790-1945 (something I know a lot about )

I've been farting around in the "Off-Topic" forums and spreading the evil will of FRANKYCHAN across Apolyton.

Well, I know I've been slackin but if I can survive this week, it should be easy sailing from now on.........until next semester.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2002, 22:45   #146
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
Hello I'm here!

Well, just to inform you all about what's happening in frankychanland,

Just took my French Oral exam and final today (bombed em both), so I'll be able to post my stories up probably by tomorrow\. I got one more final (History exam) so it should be pretty easy....it's about european history 1790-1945 (something I know a lot about )

Promises, pomises.

Quote:
I've been farting around in the "Off-Topic" forums and spreading the evil will of FRANKYCHAN across Apolyton.

Well, I know I've been slackin but if I can survive this week, it should be easy sailing from now on.........until next semester.
Bwahahaha!!!Beware....Next Semester!
Old May 15, 2002, 23:04   #147
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:30
Still here. I'm trying to get on with the next post about the Cadre civil war, but I seem to have got a bit stuck. Morover there's been quite a bit of homework to do lately.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2002, 23:47   #148
Mr. President
Emperor

Don't worry about it. It's just that time of year. I'm surprised I've spent as much time in here as I have, given what sort of a week this has been. Still, I've only got three weeks of class left, then exams for two weeks, and after that it's AC-Fiction all the way!

Or until next semester . . . whichever comes first.
Old May 16, 2002, 02:38   #149
Mr. President
Emperor

New story section today. We find out New Seattle soccer fanatic Sam's last name, but more importantly, he finds out he'll be watching his favorite players in Sparta and Morgania at the end of the season.
Old May 16, 2002, 12:59   #150
Lonestar
inmate
King

History Guy,

What's the name of the leader of your Trade Delegation again?