Old May 10, 2002, 23:48   #1
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 19:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
New Story Concept (FUN)
Here's the concept, it's like a succession game, only it's an open-ended succession story.

THE RULES:
1. You may only write up to 5 Sentences at a time.
2. You may not write more of the story untill 2 others have added to it.
3. You may not end the story (I will if it goes into a wild tangent, or gets too far into the future)
4. Only the person who creates a character can ok that character's death, for instance, if Sovy made a villian, Civman would need Sovy's permission to write about the villian's demise.
5. Keep established character traits on other people's characters.
6. I really hope this works, I'm going to start.

Ghandi Looked around, he had a plan, WORLD DOMINATION. "Ha" he thought, "I'll act all peaceful, but when they're all givin me stuff and telling me how cool I be, I'll just take out one of them, not a large one, but a small one. Then I'll take a larger one, and then a larger one, and then a larger one, 'till all are done."

Get the idea? Let's see your creativity writers!
Old May 11, 2002, 00:31   #2
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 18:31
How can I possibly develop a character in 5 sentences?
Old May 11, 2002, 07:12   #3
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

start one, and then when it's your turn develop him more, or set it up like I did, where Ghandi is going to be a pacifist for most of the story, but does have an excuse to go apesh*t at the end.
Old May 11, 2002, 09:57   #4
Samuel Johnson
Warlord

Local Time: 20:31
General Abraham Lincoln surveyed the damage at Khobar Towers as the FBI combed the terrorist site. He walked all that morning through the rubble and ended in front of an FBI team gathered around something and talking excitedly. It was the chassis of the truck that obviously carried the suicide bomber. But it was the item that was on the truck floor that caught his attention. It was a Persian rug and taped to its underside was an envelope.
Old May 11, 2002, 17:28   #5
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

An FBI Member picked up the envelope. Abe Lincoln demended to be handed the envelope, in his gruff voice. Lincoln, using a small swiss army knife, opened the letter. In the letter, it said, "This is only the beginning,". The letter was sloppily written, as if it were written by a foriegner or Grade 1 student.
Old May 11, 2002, 23:08   #6
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Alexander sat in his office, watching CNN's report on his suicide bombing, laughing sinisterly. His country, Greece, was the least powerful when he had taken over, but that was going to change. His small country was massing top of the line tanks, and preparing to take over India. Alexander's plan was to make Ghandi a puppet, and then combine Indian manpower with Greek scientific prowess, and engage in a limited war against China in the hopes of a lot of tribute to economically fuel his growing Greek empire. In the meantime, he was sending out suicide bombers to try to convince the nations on the other continent that there was an evil nation among those peace-loving nations.
Old May 11, 2002, 23:15   #7
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

BTW, get back to Ghandi now.
Old May 12, 2002, 08:22   #8
cbraund
Prince

Local Time: 00:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
King Richard the Lionhearted was bored. He didn't have a war to fight. He was a warrior without a war. Then news of America's tragedy came in.

"Tell them we will support them in any military action!" he grinned with excitement at the prospect of a war.
Old May 12, 2002, 08:31   #9
Metaliturtle
staff
King

In response to the suicide bombers that have suddenly been appearing, Ghandi publicly sends out 50 love bombers who just give nice things to everybody. Secretly he notes their grecian heritage, and fortifys that border.
Old May 12, 2002, 08:34   #10
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

The next day, Lincoln kept finding envelopes everywhere. He opened the first few, but they were all incomprehensible combinations of letters, such as WEH AVEA NT HR AXS POR ESI NTH ISE NVE LOPE. Many of the lenvelopes also seemed to have a strange powder near their openings. His hands began to get dry around 10:00, and he licked his fingers, a bad habit of his.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 12, 2002, 08:50   #11
Metaliturtle
staff
King

(ok, we're going to assume that we're on a Pangaea, so we share a common border with each nation in the middle of the map, all nations are basically equal, as this has been a peaceful game up to the start)
Old May 12, 2002, 08:59   #12
Samuel Johnson
Warlord

Roberta Todd Lincoln was a leading micro-biologist and the Nation's top advisor on biowar (and a knock-out to boot). When her father stopped returning her calls she suspected the worst and so she stalked across the square from the executive building, and stormed the White House cordon of FBI men. Oh, she had badges, badges galore, a whole Prada purse of them and they couldn't deny her - but the Fibbies were only softies, afterall, and the only reason they wanted to stop her was to spare her the murder scene. She halted in her violent stride towards the Oval Office - swallowed hard, wiped a tear, shuddered, and in a fluid motion, as if she had done it many times before, Robbie pulled on her one-piece, shimmering, carmine red Benneton biowarfare suit and tucked herself back into her BCBG knee-high rolling boots. With her advanced biosensors that fed information directly into her eye (thanks to Minnesota for the Human Genome Project, she thought), she advanced into the familiar room.

** Hint: Robbie looks like Cristina Ricci - you can't kill her off!**

Last edited by Samuel Johnson; May 12, 2002 at 09:04.
Old May 13, 2002, 21:25   #13
Samuel Johnson
Warlord

I take it this is dead?
Old May 13, 2002, 22:41   #14
Metaliturtle
staff
King

no, we just are still having the hots over cristina ricci (and the NES got REALLY GOOD)
Old May 14, 2002, 19:53   #15
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

yeah it did.

I'm trying to write more again, maybe i'll get another story of thge caliber of Russian Rise or A history of Persia out soon. this'll be good practice. can't start yet but it will.
Old May 14, 2002, 20:23   #16
Metaliturtle
staff
King

I think I may do a history on the NES for a story if you don't mind Skilord

((WAAAY OFF TOPIC, but it's my thread, so I think I'm in my rights)
Old May 14, 2002, 21:19   #17
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

oh yeah that would be nice!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old May 14, 2002, 21:19   #18
SKILORD
King

That would be great. (you could've PMed me)I'll help you on any points that need clearing Maybe i'll do another NES (this one has been rather succesful) and when the world ends (of Nucleaqr holocaust in all likelyness) i'll start a second one. I'll wanna write the history for that one but you can have this one.
Old May 14, 2002, 21:21   #19
civman2000
Emperor

please I don't want too many and the storyteller's union is already planning one...do you know of a mediterranean/europe map we could use for it?

Old May 14, 2002, 21:25   #20
SKILORD
King

i see i need to check the Union thread more, i wasn't aware. i want to keep it to 1 at a time here.

No Med map
sorry
Old June 11, 2002, 23:35   #21
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 16:31
Catherine of the Russians heard the report come in from a spy that had infiltrated the highest ranks of the Greeks. He had caused the attack, and his name was Alexander.

Chief Shaka of the Zulu heard a report come in from a spy in Greece. The Greeks had caused the terrible attack. Shaka immediately informed the Britons and the Americans and an alliance was formed between the three nations with the goal of destroyed Alexander and Greece.

okay, if this is too far fetched I'll erase this post if you want me to.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau