Old May 12, 2002, 23:57   #61
Captain
King

Local Time: 19:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
COT,

you're welcome!
btw, I don't play with civ specific either, I agree with you. should not be hardcoded/predeterminate. should be based on how you play. i am planning a mod to do that, but i need to have firaxis enable bldg prereqs for units (thus unique swonders enable certain unique units, swonders replace each other, so you cna never have more than 1 kind at a time), we had a thread that asked for it and most peoplea greed. if only firaxis had responded...

ethelred,
moo is race specific. that's genetic. s'okay.
humans are humans. french don't fire guns better cuz they're french. chinese don't ride horses better because they're chinese. it's developed over time culturally, not genetically. so i'm ok with civ specific in moo3, but not civ 3.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old May 13, 2002, 00:05   #62
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 02:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Willem

I've said this before to someone else, so excuse me for repeating myself, but to many people here, Civilization is more than just a game, it's something of a passion. A good analogy would be European soccer. It's just a game as well, but people will riot in the streets if their team is insulted or belittled in any way.

Yes, do that. There were a number of things I didn't agree with in the game, but I managed to resolve most of them by fiddling around in the editor. There's enough capabilities in it to keep anyone busy for awhile. It may not be great for creating scenarios at the moment, but there's lots of potential for modding, especially combined with the MultiTool. The game has a great deal of potential for customization, far more than Civ 2 IMO.
hi ,

Willem its more then a passion , its addictive , .....
the FDA should put it on the narc list , ....

what it comes down to is that a lot of people dont want to understand that when they ask something it takes time before it works , and we have yet to see the full potential of the game , ....
example ; the plan was for 8 civ's , until the last moment they did not think tha 16 would work so good , now there is talk about 32 , ......
and a lot of people seem to think that they can ask and that firaxis is working for free , ..... that would be the day , ......
so when PTW comes out they want it for free, ....

of course the game needs patches , .....but when you put a complete new concept on the market it needs fixes as well , ...
i dont think that anyone at firaxis except Sid and Mike now and fully (!) understand what they have done , ....the game-industry as we now know it has become "history" , ....its a revolution , ....
and as with every revolution there are those that complain , because the old was better , ...bla bla, bla bla , .....
soon some shall realize the good in this revolution , .....

allas , have a nice day
Old May 13, 2002, 00:15   #63
Ethelred
King

Local Time: 16:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Captain
COT,

ethelred,
moo is race specific. that's genetic. s'okay.
humans are humans. french don't fire guns better cuz they're french. chinese don't ride horses better because they're chinese. it's developed over time culturally, not genetically. so i'm ok with civ specific in moo3, but not civ 3.
I do think of it as a cultural thing in Civ 3. It gives the game a bit more variation. Now in MP I think you have more of a point but it still makes for more variation in the game. In the board game the various civs had advantages or disadvantages due to the starting positions. It made each game different if you played different people.