Old May 11, 2002, 14:50   #1
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 01:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Second front question
Here's the deal: I want to play SF. (Duh) Now I have this "ultimate classic collection civ II" or something which means I have both mge, cic and fw. At least that what the box claims and I have been able to play any other fw scenarios.

The real problem is that when I start up the fw version of SF I get to move for the allies but not for the air force. This leads to me getting slaughtered quite quickly.

Anyway, I can play the mge version but not the fw. It's not such a big problem but I just want to see the Jerries move, okay.

Cheers in advance.

Oh, and it's a great scenario, bla bla. (You have gotten enough praise, Nemo)

-Homer Simpson
Old May 11, 2002, 16:49   #2
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 02:32
AFAIK, all the ultimate classic collection is, is MGE with the scenarios from CiC and FW. So, technically, you don't have FW and CiC (unless you have multiple civ2 executables)!

Still, I don't know why you would experience trouble with the FW version, but that's probably because I don't MGE.
Old May 11, 2002, 17:16   #3
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercator
AFAIK, all the ultimate classic collection is, is MGE with the scenarios from CiC and FW. So, technically, you don't have FW and CiC (unless you have multiple civ2 executables)!

Still, I don't know why you would experience trouble with the FW version, but that's probably because I don't MGE.
Doh! On a closer look it does say on the cd "features the scenarios from fantastic worlds". But, but I have the editor and...

Oh, well. Thanks for the reply.

Now, does anyone know where one might buy fw?

-Homer Simpson
Old May 11, 2002, 17:20   #4
klesh
King

Local Time: 20:32
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Try eBay. I got FW for a heaping $4 US awhile back. I was unaware that I needed standard CivII to apply FW to (I got it so I didnt have to play SF in hotseat mode). However, today I actually saw CivII standard edition for the pc on sale for $9.99 at Target (God that store is everything that is wrong with the US). I may get that, then add on FW to it, and finally be able to see those Germans counterattacking.

-FMK.
Old May 11, 2002, 18:37   #5
Jay Bee
staff
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 02:32
Quote:
Target (God that store is everything that is wrong with the US).
I luv Target!
Old May 12, 2002, 02:25   #6
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 00:32
You could also use the patch on CivFanatics which upgrades Civ2 Classic to FW. I myself have only ever used patches, to upgrade from Classic, as FW and MGE are nowhere to be found in Australia.
Old May 12, 2002, 08:13   #7
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by winterfritz
You could also use the patch on CivFanatics which upgrades Civ2 Classic to FW. I myself have only ever used patches, to upgrade from Classic, as FW and MGE are nowhere to be found in Australia.
I'll give that a try, thanks. If it doesn't work I'll come back crying soon.

-Homer Simpson
Old May 12, 2002, 08:52   #8
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercator

Actually Utlimate civ 2 is just another name for MGE (MGE also includes all scens from CiC and FW), the only difference is a few lines in the labels.txt (but those can cause quite much trouble when Ultimate civ people tries to play MGE scens).
Old May 12, 2002, 09:47   #9
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

*comes back crying*

Well, that didn't work. Civ demanded some .dll file on startup.

Does this means that I'm totally screwed, sitting here with "ultimate civ"? Is there no way to get fw?

Btw, Henrik, I recognize that problem, had it with a couple of scens. Ah well, maybe I should simply buy a clean civ 2 for the small buck it might cost. (And, yes, I have seen the ad at the bottom of the screen)

-Homer Simpson