yes, you can speak for me too...at least for a few more weeks

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui
Old May 13, 2002, 02:28   #93
Dom Pedro II
King

Local Time: 00:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Getting married, orange?

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...
Old May 13, 2002, 02:31   #94
orange
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 19:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
Getting married, orange?
No, more like got dumped on my arse a month ago, have one lined up (sorta kinda maybe)

There's plenty of fish out there in the sea for me. It's just a shame I'm so picky about seafood.

Old May 13, 2002, 02:34   #95
Dom Pedro II
King

Oh well... if it makes you feel any better, I had a girl that I've been seeing for a few weeks now tell me she just wants to be friends (at least for a while).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...
Old May 13, 2002, 03:07   #96
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
Oh well... if it makes you feel any better, I had a girl that I've been seeing for a few weeks now tell me she just wants to be friends (at least for a while).
Is this why you were mean towards the person from that site?
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old May 13, 2002, 12:18   #97
orange
Emperor

DPII - nothing against you - but don't hold your breath. Lets just be friends is the #1 way to 'let them down gently'

Good luck to you, though you won't have much problem getting over a 3 week relationship. Try one that's was 3 years in the making

Old May 13, 2002, 13:12   #98
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 20:33
Christ, stop trying to convince that nasty ***** to come here. Isn't one BlackWidow enough?
Old May 13, 2002, 13:31   #99
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Guynemer
Christ, stop trying to convince that nasty ***** to come here. Isn't one BlackWidow enough?
You'll always be poly's only nasty *****
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old May 13, 2002, 13:32   #100
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
Although the article raises a few good points, I'll take notice of it more when gay sex is legal in all 50 states.
Or even any of the fifty states.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old May 13, 2002, 16:12   #101
Sprayber
Emperor

Some of the people here still seem to be emailing this person calling them racist among other things. Stop the emails. It only shows how childish and ingorant YOU are. Your not helping anything by being ****** other than showing your true nature.

How many here that got on their moral ivory tower bothered to read the part that Orange didn't post?

Last edited by Sprayber; May 13, 2002 at 16:26.
Old May 13, 2002, 16:22   #102
Carver
Prince

Local Time: 18:33
Except for KrazyHorse's last post, this thread gets a resounding 1/10.
Old May 13, 2002, 16:29   #103
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

So, what're the odds for who gave her the link?

I'd give Sprayber evens, orange - 3/1 Krazyhorse - 5/1, Bugs ****ing Bunny - 10/1, and a "Guest" - 50/1.
Old May 13, 2002, 16:36   #104
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Local Time: 01:33
Clean hands here. I couldn't even be bothered to send her that e-mail I drafted earlier and posted here. A little voice in my head just went "Oh bollocks to it all" and I lost interest.

It's fun to listen to the voices.

It's also fun when suddenly your works go ballistic. You cannot even begin to comprehend how many e-mails I've had in varying degrees of pidgin English from irate/amused Finns.
Old May 13, 2002, 17:38   #105
KrazyHorse
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Carver
Except for KrazyHorse's last post, this thread gets a resounding 1/10.
I'm glad you appreciated it...
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old May 13, 2002, 18:24   #106
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

How was what I posted deserving of a 1/10 rating??? Not everyone was acting like an idiot...
Albert Speer
Old May 13, 2002, 18:32   #107
KrazyHorse
Deity

Quote:
Hopefully this will keep my site getting throttled again because of ignorant asswipes who want to leech images off of me
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old May 13, 2002, 18:41   #108
Jac de Molay
Prince

..well I issued a very friendly invite so I am absolved.

Dave
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old May 13, 2002, 19:09   #109
morb
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:33
call me racist. i agree with what she's saying.

and if anyone doesn't know, I'm an immigrant myself.

the day that black stop killing each other in oakland, and acting like idiots and shooting each other after each KMEL event/concert is the day I'll start gaining respect for them. as long as they act like animals, they are animals to me.

mexicans I'm mixed on. some are really nice and decent people, but the general population are truly dumb in the full sense of the word. they are stupid and uneducated. not to mention they smuggle 90% of drugs into the country and run gangs.

there are poor east indians and asians and generally poor people of all kinds. but they don't resort to violence or other unlawful acts nearly as much. being poor doesn't mean you have to act like a jack ass or more troubling, be a jackass.

F them.
Old May 13, 2002, 19:25   #110
Sprayber
Emperor

There are some really sorry individuals here. Why dont you go email the Pedophiles about their site. Wait that's right, they are protected by free speech. They have a right to their opinion.
Old May 13, 2002, 19:42   #111
KrazyHorse
Deity

Quote:
Why dont you go email the Pedophiles about their site
I don't particularly feel like talking to them. That whole "wanting to have sex with children" thing is just plain weird..
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old May 13, 2002, 21:41   #112
Guynemer
Emperor

Spray, did anyone say she wasn't entitled to her opinion? I know I didn't. I just find what Orange so graciously posted here to be abhorrent and profoundly ignorant. Now, apparently, there is more to it than what Orange posted, but I can't be arsed to go look it up. If one of you kind people would oblige me and post the rest, we can clear this controversy up.

And Morb--you're simply pathetic.
Old May 13, 2002, 23:45   #113
mercatur
Settler

Hello everyone, I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts on that txt. I was invited by Sprayber and Orange to post a response but didn't want to do so until I had time to really read all the opinions here. While I feel that no matter what I say, most of you will still consider me some rightist lunatic or something (based on my previous attempts on other boards to explain my position), I will at least attempt to make some sort of sense and put into words the meaning behind what I wrote, in the hopes that some of you may see where I was coming from at the time it was written. I am not the most intelligent, well spoken person, but please give me a chance to put this in some sort of perspective.

This txt has caused many people to send me hate mail, slam me on message boards, and basically it inspires people to assume I am bigoted, racist, homophobe, or otherwise inclined to hate. This is not the case, it is not the message of the txt at all. The message of this txt is that I accept people with no regard to color, nationality, sexual preference, smell, taste, or otherwise, but based on who they are as people.

I personally have a problem with people who say that I should like a man 'in spite of' the fact that he is black/homosexual/mexican whatever. I don't like people 'in spite of' anything. I don't think there is anything to warrant an 'in spite of'. People are people to me. I like people who happen to be of different races, sexual preferences, and nationalities - but I like them based on how they treat me. Not because it is politically correct to have a diverse group of friends. Not because I am so morally endowed that I can 'overlook' their race (I don't think it's anything to overlook! And yes, I had one of those Utopian status quo folks tell me they could 'overlook' people's race and be friends with them anyway! Who's the racist here! But I digress...).

I simply do not feel compelled to be nice to you because I am pale skinned and you are dark skinned and therefor I owe you some apology for something that happened two hundred years ago. An a-hole is an a-hole is an a-hole and if you are an a-hole I am not going to treat you with kid gloves just because your ancestors were oppressed. MY ancestors were oppressed. (Even neanderthals were oppressed by cro-magnon man according to the Discovery channel. Sorry, a bad attempt at levity.) I'm not going to have pity friends. I am going to treat you like I treat everyone else, which is, based on how you treat me, and how you treat yourself.

Understandably this may not come across to some of you because of the vehement tone of the text. Even my statement above may still sound racist to you. (If that is the case then you should certainly seek some professional help for your obsessive/compulsive racism preoccupation, because I can't put it any more clearly than saying 'I like people for who they are not what they look like'.)

And if you really have a stick up your butt, you might say well if you're not a racist, why not take it down if it makes everyone think you are? If it offends people, and that is not my intention, why not take it down? Well, I don't take it down because it is written the way I felt when I wrote it. If it comes across as angry, it's because I was pissed when I wrote it. I am not going to go back and take it down because its presence upsets you. That would be tantamount to denying that I ever felt that way, when I know I felt that way at the time. No, I am not always that angry. Yes, I could have gone back and edited it into a thoughtful, lucid piece that may have had some valid points, if only it weren't couched in such rude tones. However, my goal on my little personal site is not to create fine literature (hey, I'm suceeding brilliantly at writing incoherent fluff, aren't I?) This is my blog and I put what I feel when I feel it. No, I am not happy that it makes people think I am some rope toting klan member. But I do not, nor will I ever, go back and edit anything on my site once it is up. That is just how it is. I am not ashamed of my feelings, whether I feel them now or four years ago (when the 'minorities' piece was written).

You will probably still disagree with the txt - even though I have explained over and over on a dozen message boards, on my site, and through email to anyone who asks me what the hell I was thinking, what the message of the txt really was, people don't want to see that once they have it in their heads that I'm some white supremacist. That is your right. I am writing this as my final rebuttal to anyone and everyone who wants to think I am anti-anything. I am tired of trying to explain it. I am going to link most of this post from the actual txt on my website in the hopes that some people will not waste time emailing me hate mails.

And speaking of flaming me, I don't think you are going to make a point with me by making broad assumptions about my personality, beliefs, life, upbringing, educational level, financial status, or ancestry just because you read ONE thing that upset you. That sort of labeling is the very thing you are accusing this txt of doing; don't be a hypocrite.

Basically, it comes down to this: people who do not respect themselves enough to pull their s-t together, stop whining about how hard life is for them, and try to better themselves instead of waiting on the government to make it all better get no respect from me, no matter who they are or what color they are. Besides which, this little rant is directed at four specific people, all who know me, all four of whom I have chastised on their behavior in regards to their individual situations quite often. (You know who you are, Janice. How many times do I have to hear over the past four years that you can't get a job because you are black and a woman? Come ON...) This isn't some broad reaching, widespread generalization about any particular minority or minorities in general; as with everything I write, it is a personal statement about something I myself had and have to put up with from a small group of specific people known to me. To construe it as a racist manifesto or call to arms of any kind is outlandish, irresponsible, and extreme.

On another note, the leech issue pissed me off because I was informed by my hosting company that I would be charged for going over my bandwidth because of my big honkin image of my ugly dog being linked from here. I am not saying I handled it maturely, but I was at work and did the best I could to get my message across that I was annoyed. I concede that perhaps it is my fault for having such a big image and limited bandwidth because I chose that hosting company.

And yes, my dog is ugly to most people, but she is the sweetest dog in the world, very loving and fun, and I love her and think she is cute.

That's really all I can say. I don't really have time to be a messageboard person, but feel free to email any responses to contact@mercatur.net, and if I have time I will respond to any further remarks. Usually I am busy and I will just say 'Thanks!' but I do read the emails and appreciate and value everyone's opinions.

Thank you for listening.
Old May 13, 2002, 23:54   #114
Guynemer
Emperor

Mmmmmm.... nah, not convinced.

That's all well and good. But what you've posted on your website, for all the world to see, reads as a racist manifesto, no matter how you try to spin it. The fact that you know that, and leave it up there as is, speaks far more to your character than whatever justifications you can drum up.

And, incidentally, I don't think your dog is terribly ugly. Hell, my fiancee wants a pug--those things are goddamn ugly. And this is the ugliest dog in the world: http://web1.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?ac...review=1&row=0
Old May 13, 2002, 23:59   #115
orange
Emperor

Well, she gave it to us straight. What more could you ask for?

Old May 14, 2002, 00:03   #116
Guynemer
Emperor

The ability to say, "Hey, I'm wrong, perhaps I ought to rectify the situation." That sure would be dandy.
Old May 14, 2002, 00:04   #117
KrazyHorse
Deity

She held out over 2 days.

Well, just under if you're counting from my first email...
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old May 14, 2002, 00:06   #118
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 17:33
Crocodile tears. As someone who has encountered institutionalized homophobia on several occasions, I can attest that we are not in the utopian meritocracy she claims in her "manifesto." And this document is going to be read by real right-wingers as justifications for their actions of hatred and as one more person who agrees with them. She should post the above essay instead. The one she has is clearly meant to provoke the reactions she's been getting, and I think that's exactly what she wanted to get. Shame on her for fishing for such things, and shame on those who take the bait and feed her narcissism.
Old May 14, 2002, 00:09   #119
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Guynemer
Mmmmmm.... nah, not convinced.

That's all well and good. But what you've posted on your website, for all the world to see, reads as a racist manifesto, no matter how you try to spin it. The fact that you know that, and leave it up there as is, speaks far more to your character than whatever justifications you can drum up.

She problably leaves it up there because people like you insist she take it down. You all seem very selective about what you critize. I don't see how any of you make it through the day without being offended.

United States of the Offended.
Old May 14, 2002, 00:11   #120
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov
Crocodile tears. As someone who has encountered institutionalized homophobia on several occasions, I can attest that we are not in the utopian meritocracy she claims in her "manifesto." And this document is going to be read by real right-wingers as justifications for their actions of hatred and as one more person who agrees with them. She should post the above essay instead. The one she has is clearly meant to provoke the reactions she's been getting, and I think that's exactly what she wanted to get. Shame on her for fishing for such things, and shame on those who take the bait and feed her narcissism.

It's not a document for christs sake. Its on the freaking internet.