Old May 27, 2002, 19:46   #61
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 00:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I typed 'Eth' 'Rune' and 'Bug' into google and .... voila! ... I found this Barbarian FAQ page.

Here is a quote of the relevant info:

Quote:
What is the ETH bug?

The ETH bug you might have heard of, refers to the low level rune, ETH. It's function is bugged right now, as it acts like an ITD attack in PvM AND PvP. Normally, true ITD (such as granted by the Jah rune) WILL NOT WORK IN PvP. ETH right now does. Despite what it's description says (-25% target defence) it automatically bypasses any sort of defence in a PvP situation. If you are skeptical, feel free to test with a high defence barb (without a shield) and a lower level barb with an ETH'ed weapon (preferably as low AR as possible). Theoretically the lower level barb should require a few passes to hit the high defence barb (as the description reads "-25% target defence", assuming that each hit lowers your opponent's defence), but this does not hold true. So pumping Shout/IS for PvP situations right now is useless, since many barb duelers use a Cruel 3-socket swords involving an Eth rune. Hopefully this will be fixed, but don't hold your breath.
Old May 27, 2002, 22:22   #62
tniem
King

Local Time: 19:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Frustrated Poet, thanks a lot. I am going to look so more at Diabloii.net and then I will let you know what I choose and how it goes. I appreciate your information. Thanks a ton!
Old May 28, 2002, 01:31   #63
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 08:33
Ditto. Thank you FP. My paladin is the only character I have with whom I've never really been able to do very much. Last time I talked to him he was about level 20-something and plodding around aimlessly through Kurast. To date the only thing he's been able to accomplish with merit is a rather destructive bull-in-a-pot-shop rampage throughout the crockery-filled act 2.
Old May 28, 2002, 05:16   #64
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 19:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
"You DARE attack me?!"

"Killing you is not enough! For this, I will also BREAK YOUR CROCKERY!!!"
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old May 31, 2002, 18:08   #65
OzzyMander
Settler

Local Time: 02:33
i remember my roommate playing D2, i ofcourse watched when he played and once i got home to my comp i played it myself too. i think i was a 25 lvl paladin when i killed Diablo. after that i stopped playing the game. totally.

When the XP came i ofcourse made a new character (Druid), i have him at +40 lvl on Act 5 with Normal difficulty.
I did play with a paladin also, got him at 61 lvl with Hell Difficulty, Act 1 though..stopped playing again. havent played since. but guess i could start building my play again and go smack Andariel & other smucks

PS. Fist of the Heavens making 290-300 Holy bolt dmg & 855 - 905 lightning dmg is perty good