Old May 14, 2002, 04:07   #91
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 02:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by faded glory
no hitler was going to attack Yugo/greece anyway. Kesselring warned him about RAF intervention from Yugoslavia.
hitler attacked yugoslavia only after the following:
1) yugoslavia sides with axis, after a lot of pressure
2) military coup, backed by the english, and massive pro-coup demostrations in belgrade. coup leaders renounce siding with the axis powers.
3) hitler gets pissed off and intervenes. we capitulate within a week.
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old May 14, 2002, 04:14   #92
LaRusso
King

Quote:
Originally posted by VetLegion
ok, about croatia

when germans invaded yugoslavia crumbled... the strength of the resistance (almost none) tells a lot about how people felt about that country. I think also with russia, they didnt resist too much and in ukraine germans were greeted like saviours... not for long though.

first partisan squad in yugoslavia (or perhaps in the europe? I dont remember well it was long time ago) was founded in croatian city of Sisak, 22. 6. 1941, and today we celebrate it as day of antifascihtic struggle

soon many oppresed people joined it and it really became a large movement. the fight in yugoslavia was fierce and bloody and centered mostly around communists and Tito.

we surely kicked german ass italian ass and our own colaborationist ass
interesting. rebellion started on july 4, 1941. anyway, 90% of partizan squads originating in croatia were entirely comprised of serbs from croatia. croats and serbs from serbia mostly collaborated for the first couple of years, joining ustashas and chetniks. partizan movement mostly drew on serbs from regions where ustashas were active (croatia and today's bosnia) and to a lesser extent from parts of bosnia where muslims were the victims of chetnik massacres (eastern herzegovina). in montenegro, there was a split between chetniks and partizans, too.
anyway, zagreb was the only city where the liberating forces were not greeted (unlike germans 4yrs earlier). doesn't tell a lot about croatians, it tells volumes about inhabitants of zagreb though
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old May 14, 2002, 06:57   #93
our_man
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 01:34
Ozz, Churchill had no intention of giving the North until after the war, and even then he might have reneged on it. But the fact is that I have read a few accounts of this correspondence with de Valera and he did suggest that he was willing to give the North back in exchange for Irish aid. He sent a telegram through the British ambassador (can't think of his name at the moment, John something?), which contained the following quote:

"Now or never, a nation once again."

Make of that what you will, but don't shoot your mouth off about Fenian histories when you don't even now what my sources were.
Old May 14, 2002, 21:06   #94
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 00:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov
No, DarkCloud, I'd say you were just disturbed. Tell me how a 6 yr old Japanese girl in Hiroshima got what she deserved.
She would have grown up to hate Americans if the Americans had invaded, done more firebombing in tokyo and other cities, killed over 1 million Japanese, or starved the japanese into submission.

Her guilt is in the future.

History has proved the atom bomb decision the correct one as the Japanese and Americans are now allies. If that was not the case, then perhaps you could say it was a wrong decision- but murdering the Japanese citizens worked. And that is how war should work.

Example: Remember in the OT of the Bible, God ordered the israelites to slaughter all inhabitants of the holy land, and they didn't- then those inhabitant's descendants caused trouble-

that is the truth with the outcome of every war.
You either be really nice to the conquered people (what happened after WWII) or kill them all.
Old May 14, 2002, 21:20   #95
Dom Pedro II
King

Well, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I can honestly say I've never come across any logic like it. I completely disagree, but such is life... I only pray that the lives of any significant number of people are not in your hands.

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...
Old May 14, 2002, 21:24   #96
Dom Pedro II
King

Furthermore, I would just like to follow that line of logic and say that my friend's father deserved to be crushed to death by tower #2 in the World Trade Center disaster when he, an FBI agent, was trying to save people still trapped in the building. He deserved to die because a few member of the United States government helped overthrow the Brazilian democracy in 1964...

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...
Old May 14, 2002, 21:41   #97
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 17:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
most americans support their goverment and its atrocites.

therefore they deserve to die.

troll response btw.

as for dresden- then no they did not deserve that. I support Hiroshima and nagasaki because they saved japanese lives. Think about what would have happened if we invaded. Every city would have been leveled.
Old May 14, 2002, 21:46   #98
Dom Pedro II
King

Dissident : I do think dropping "the bomb" on Japan was a necessary evil, but I wouldn't ever call it anything other than an evil.

(BTW, so that no one misunderstands... the 9/11 remark was sarcasm.)

Old May 15, 2002, 05:33   #99
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 03:34
necessary evil? I find that very interesting indeed.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old May 15, 2002, 05:34   #100
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

anyone who advertisers city bombings: 0/10