Old May 12, 2002, 16:48   #1
High Lord J
Warlord

Local Time: 00:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Is it possiable to play peacekeeper?
I have a problem in my game. I have the max amount of cities I should have under my government so I have been conquering and either giving it to my allies (Dutch) or my friends (soon to be allied Vikings) the problem is they are at war. It is getting annoying and the Dutch keep asking me to honor my military pact and attack the Vikings. Is there anyway for me to make peace?
Old May 12, 2002, 17:00   #2
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 01:35
If you have a much more powerful military than the Vikings i would threaten them to be your allies, that always works.
Old May 12, 2002, 17:02   #3
High Lord J
Warlord

I meant make peace between the Dutch and Vikings
Old May 12, 2002, 17:05   #4
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Aaaaah, sorry Well hmmm im not sure you could take any solid action to make them allies with each other, aside from splitting their two empires with your own cities. I dont think thats practical though. But i cant see why you would want them to ally anyway.
Old May 12, 2002, 17:09   #5
High Lord J
Warlord

They are now both my allies so I want them to cease fire so they won't attack each other and get mad at me when I tell them I won't help fighting for one of them against each other.
Old May 12, 2002, 17:15   #6
Maquiladora
Emperor

Well i think if they do get mad that you dont want to help either of them in their war, if one of them breaks your alliance because you wont help, just threaten either one back into your alliance. Sometimes its the only way to deal with them. Tough love an all that. I assume thats why you dont want them to get mad, so they wont break your alliance anyway.
Old May 13, 2002, 12:35   #7
Bluevoss
Prince

Funny you should mention this in the game-

I'm in the middle of a cradle game right now. Been wacking the Babalonians for a long war, and have finally driven them back. There was one last choke city that would keep them penned on a smaller (less fertile) part of the landmass.

Since I was good buddies (Peace Treaty and happy faces) with the Egyptians, I got the bright idea to take the city and give it to them. Traded it for a Trade Agreement (for what its worth). Now they were beaming, my approches were secure, and my empire settled into its long peace.

For about 15 years.

Then the Egyptians attacked - right outta nowhere. Suddenly this 12 stack bulldozes its way into my empire, wipes out a fortress, and darn near takes a key city. In a human, that sort of behavior is scyitsophentic. Against an empire my size, its suicidal.

So I retook the city I'd given them (they had not time to really garrison it) and burned it to the ground. Landed on the Egyptian mainland and pummled another city, which I burned to the ground (interest on their trechery). And there were a couple of colonies off my coast I didn't like - burn them too. Man, I love this "blow the city up and be done with it" option. I can play like a real human, now.

Needless to say, the Egyptians are still pissed. Yeah, and I have a 2-year-old neice that gets mad at me too. Neither of them concern me.
Old May 14, 2002, 17:38   #8
High Lord J
Warlord

You can burn a city in CTP2?
Old May 14, 2002, 17:42   #9
Maquiladora
Emperor

You can destroy cities in the Cradle Mod, when you conquer a city you can choose the destroy it or keep it as your own city. Im not sure about other Mods. But you cant do it in the original game.
Old May 15, 2002, 12:12   #10
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 02:35
So far the destry city option is now in Cradle, MedPack2, WAW and of course GoodMod.

-Martin