Old August 27, 2002, 16:18   #151
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 02:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by J Bytheway
I'm sorry - I can't get online with my PC right now, so I can't help with that - I'll do so just as soon as I can. The numbers of spaces or tabs is defined in the preferences, not the .ces file. That's a bit inconsistant, nut I seem to recall you requesting that at some point...
OK I found out this with the preferences. I didn't thought that you should put in directly the characters you want in this file. So I enterd 3 as I thought that will specify the number of spaces and I ended with a 3 in front of all lines

-Martin
Old August 28, 2002, 13:12   #152
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 21:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Jonh,
I try to open the default.cep file and since it does not exist i try to open the default.ces. It opens correcly But i keep getting errors of others .cep files missing that exist as .ces. How do i make all these errors messages stop.

PS: I remember having a problem just like that when i had the version 2.2 and i got it working. But i must have forgotten how
-Jean Rostand
Old August 28, 2002, 14:15   #153
Pedrunn
King

Got it woking! Guess... It was the .ini again .

1) In mass modify how do i multiply the a value by a not rounded number (in another words decrease it). I could not get it to work.
eg. I have tried to decrease 10% of its value. I tried 0.1 and 1/10 both did not worked and when i multiplied per 0.5 it actually multiplied per 50

2) The great library look much better. Yet it need some improvements. First you made a scroll bar out off the options FirstFrame, Movie, Icon, LargeIcon, SmallIcon. I dont think it should be like that. It should be a fixed names since the white background gets too confused with the white backgrounds of is gl entries. This way you would leave the GamePlay, Historical, Prereq, Vari and StartText changes for the big fields.

3) The Distribution of the GL fields. The suggestion number 2) wanst that much needed but this one you should really consider: Cant you make the FirstFrame, Movie, Icon, LargeIcon, SmallIcon fields align horizontally and not vertically occupying the top of the window?
Leaving all the space below for the 8 big fields.

The way it is distributed now you loose too much valious space below the small fields.
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; August 28, 2002 at 14:21.
Old August 31, 2002, 10:27   #154
J Bytheway
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 01:38
Quote:
Originally posted by Pedrunn
1) In mass modify how do i multiply the a value by a not rounded number (in another words decrease it). I could not get it to work.
eg. I have tried to decrease 10% of its value. I tried 0.1 and 1/10 both did not worked and when i multiplied per 0.5 it actually multiplied per 50
0.1 should work... I thought I'd tested that... I'll hav a look when I'm next at my PC.

Quote:
2) The great library look much better. Yet it need some improvements. First you made a scroll bar out off the options FirstFrame, Movie, Icon, LargeIcon, SmallIcon. I dont think it should be like that. It should be a fixed names since the white background gets too confused with the white backgrounds of is gl entries. This way you would leave the GamePlay, Historical, Prereq, Vari and StartText changes for the big fields.
I don't understand what you're saying...

Quote:
3) The Distribution of the GL fields. The suggestion number 2) wanst that much needed but this one you should really consider: Cant you make the FirstFrame, Movie, Icon, LargeIcon, SmallIcon fields align horizontally and not vertically occupying the top of the window?
Leaving all the space below for the 8 big fields.
That's a good idea, I'll have a fiddle.

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
OK I found out this with the preferences. I didn't thought that you should put in directly the characters you want in this file. So I enterd 3 as I thought that will specify the number of spaces and I ended with a 3 in front of all lines
Sorry, I don't understand "I didn't thought that you should put in directly the characters you want in this file." Could you clarify that. Do you mean that you don't think that it should be possible to enter the characters you want? In what file?

I'll have a look at that zip file now.
Old August 31, 2002, 12:13   #155
Pedrunn
King

Quote:

I don't understand what you're saying...
Dont bother trying to.

I am waiting anxious the new GL fields
-Jean Rostand
Old September 11, 2002, 12:20   #156
J Bytheway
Emperor

Sorry - have got nothing done. All sorts of complications and I'm getting a new PC...
Old September 15, 2002, 12:46   #157
J Bytheway
Emperor

Update v0.4.1
Sorry for the absurdly long delay... This was a really small change Martin wanted:

Update at:
http://ctpmodmakers.250free.com/JBTW/CTPEd041.zip

New in this version:

- Added option to alter number of lines between entries in output

This is another small change to the way the .ces files work - check advance.ces for example.

Pedrunn:

Looked at the GL, but I can't find a nice way of arranging it. There's all the other stuff like the Generate button that has to go in somewhere and I don't want it to be scrunched in a tall thin column.

I'm considering having an 'expert mode' where I take out most of the commentry and buttons and you have to do everything through keyboard shortcuts to save space.

I forgot to check Mass Modify... Sorry...

Also, I note that the executable is much bigger this time - the only reason for this I can think of is that I'm now working under Windows XP, but it's very odd.
Old September 16, 2002, 11:57   #158
J Bytheway
Emperor

Quote:
OK, I tried this and it works fine for me (using '.1') - I can't see what could have been causing the problem... Can you give me any more information?
Old September 17, 2002, 17:32   #159
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 00:38
Re: Update v0.4.1
Quote:
Also, I note that the executable is much bigger this time - the only reason for this I can think of is that I'm now working under Windows XP, but it's very odd.
Yeah that's bloat-ware for you! nice to see that you still want to finish this.I haven't played around with it recently, but what spare CTP2 time i get tends to go on playing.Still soon i'll have more time and will start editing a few text files and GL entries, and hope this will help me
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old October 25, 2002, 09:59   #160
J Bytheway
Emperor

Quote:
I've just had some insight, and I think I know why this was happening - what are your regional settings for number representation? If you've got them set to use a comma for what we normally use a decimal point for, then you'll have to use 0,1 rather than 0.1. This is because Visual Basic is clever, and tries to match your regional settings in its type conversion.

Please let me know whether that's the problem - I've been rather concerned with that since you mentioned it .
Old November 23, 2002, 19:52   #161
J Bytheway
Emperor

Just a bump, and to let you know that I've started work on this again recently because I wanted to create GL entries for the AOM alpha, and it's given me some more ideas. If I achieve anything significant I'll let you know.
Old December 2, 2002, 19:21   #162
J Bytheway
Emperor

New thread here:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=69621