Old May 17, 2002, 22:16   #31
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 20:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
(( i am the macedonians))
Old May 17, 2002, 22:23   #32
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Local Time: 18:51
Errr... Why not put up different colours for different territories, instead of using colours which are too similer to actually be used?

Heck, my map had different colours :P
Old May 17, 2002, 22:31   #33
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

There are only so many colors...i tried making it light grey but my palette was messed up and it made it the color of the ocean...if you can get it light grey please do, that was my original intention!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 17, 2002, 22:33   #34
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Alright, I'll alter my map to accomodate.
Old May 17, 2002, 22:34   #35
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

and can you post it up too?

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old May 17, 2002, 22:49   #36
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Give me about 15-30 minutes.
Old May 18, 2002, 00:42   #37
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Here is the new map.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	euro3.gif
Views:	29
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	15629  
Old May 18, 2002, 00:44   #38
Rotten999
Warlord

Quick thoughts, unquestionable opinions and assorted rubbish:

A female leader is fine, Sovy. This same era produced Cleopatra, after all.

Waiting to see the new map.

Quick changes to Civ. Data for Massilia: No Army, Government is a Theocratic Oligarchy. Check out page three of the union thread for complete details.

It looks like the game is off to a great start!
Old May 18, 2002, 01:01   #39
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 00:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I've got Carthage if it isn't taken.
Old May 18, 2002, 01:03   #40
SKILORD
King

King Hannibal begins sending Settlers to the south to claim more territory. he swears that the world will see a Carthegian Empire.
Old May 18, 2002, 01:10   #41
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Cbraund already has Carthage.
Old May 18, 2002, 01:18   #42
SKILORD
King

Quote:
new rule: ALL diplomacy must be done in this thread. Negotiations can be said to be secret for story purposes but no PM or other truly secret negotiations.
I've found that PM negotiations make the story a lot more interesting.

I'm taking East Germany i'm pretty sure no1 has them.
Old May 18, 2002, 01:22   #43
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Anyways, how does everybody like the map?
Old May 18, 2002, 01:24   #44
SKILORD
King

nice job :goodjob:
Old May 18, 2002, 01:51   #45
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 19:51
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
Skilord, you agree on my germanic tech scheme? We each gain a diff tech, so we advance at 1 tech per ten turns rather than 1/3

3 Germanic tribes at 1/3 tech every 10 days = 1 tech every 10 days but it will come in groups of three. We should include Gaul as well
Old May 18, 2002, 02:11   #46
SKILORD
King

great idea
Old May 18, 2002, 02:37   #47
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

I based it on a strategy we always used to use with Civ2 MGE, I'd team up with 3 of my buddies on a hotseat, and while one guy was in playing, we'd go down the tech tree with 3 overhead markers and select our next tech, then it was just a matter of giving it up. We discovered that it wouldn't let us build Apollo's before like the AD time
Old May 18, 2002, 03:15   #48
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

OOC: Keep a note on this guys. Quick Tech advancements with a lacking infastructure, nevertheless, lacking a real government, would be disasterious to countries. If you don't believe that, then look at what happened to the Middle East when they got influenced with too many different ideas. Or, on an economic scale, look at Russia when it made its switch from a Command economy to a laissez-faire economy. Or new ideas from outside sources would be rejected outrightfully, as with Nazi Germany. This effect is compounded by a Confederate government, and not only that, but by the lack any real trade or communications network, many parts of the German empire would still be backwards.

IC: Syn Kurosei, Rome's first female leader.

Many would scoff at such an idea. A female leader, really now? Who would have ever thought that a women could lead a decaying empire back into greatness?

Syn walked up the grey, concrete steps of her new home, the Palicicus Formus (made it up myslef too!) where her new orders are to be taken from. Her royal guide, equipped with the best of swords and armor, gave her a swift salute as she walked by.

The young lady took the thrown after her older brother passed away after being poisoned. The conspirator was found, and was never seen again. Oh, many could say the conspirator escaped from the Roman Guard. But many others claim that the emperess keeps the man locked up in a dungeon, and the conspirator suffers each and every day.

Syn smirked. She knew exactly where that conspirator is right now.

"Praetor Maximus, General Piscae, Foreign Administrator Julius! My beloved advisors!" said Syn, as she walked into her Meeting Chambers to her pink, prune wrinkled advisors. The poor men have been frivelous since the Gauls and Romans been at war.

One of the old men stood up, and nodded his head in greeting the new empress of Rome.

"My Lady, it an honour that you can grace us with your presence," said Foreign Advisor Julius. A welcoming smirk crossed his face.

"Julius, I know when you speak, it is very often bad news. Don't be shy now," was Syn's reply. She sat down at the end of the meeting table, and Julius sat down in time with her.

"True again my lady, but it only often I have bad news! We have found out from our conspiring fiend we have in chains some of the high ranking officers in the Pyrrians Army. We also discovered the names of some of his fellow conspirators within our army of chain of command," spoke Julius. His eyes darted to each advisor, and back to Syn while speaking.

"And these traitors in our army, have they been 'dealt' with?"

"Yes, Emperess Syn. They have been... 'dealt' with,"

Syn relaxed her tensing muscles. It was now time to strike at the heart of the Phyrrians army, and to end their radical schemes against the Roman Empire once and for all.

"My Lady, there is also the problems with the Gauls. What should we do with them, my lady?" Said Praetor Maximus, the Domestic Advisor.

"I want our armies to begin invasions of the Gauls. But I want at least 2/3rds of our legionaries, the best of the whole, to attack the Phyrrians. The last 1/3rd can begin the assault against the Gauls. But do not venture into the Alps..." was the young ladies orders. General Veii was jotting some of the information down on a peice of paper, to remind himself in directing the forces.

"Since some of the soldiers fighting for the Phyrrians are, down to to their hearts, Roman themselves," began Syn, "then before engaging in combat with these men, tell them they can surrender, and can freely return to their lands, and family,"

"But that blasted Phyrrian coyote (the leader) shall be expelled to Massilia, if he surrenders now!" screeched Syn.

"And remember to send him a messenger to tell him that, General Veii!"
"The rest of our forces, the militiamen, will be posted all over Rome," Syn stated, General Veii looking up at her for a few minutes before jotting the information down again.

"I don't care who started this fight. But I WILL end this fight, nevertheless," Syn growled. The meeting has ended, as far as she cared for.

- Main Points! -

1. 2/3rds of the entire Roman Legionaire forces are to attack the Phyrrians. Before battle is to be engaged, the Roman army is to inform the Phyrrians that they can surrender, and are allowed to return to their lands.

2. 1/3rd of the Roman Legionnaire Force is to begin an invasion of Gaul. They are NOT to enter the Alps.

3. Militiamen will be posted throughout Rome to try and keep unrest down.

4. Syn is planning to end these wars as quickly as possible.
Old May 18, 2002, 03:23   #49
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 01:51
If no one has them I would claim the Seleucids:

Giovannurk Drunk raise to power in the great Seleucids nation!

In order to further increase my size (not my size as a person of course ) I would like to start the settling of that big vacant land just north of my nation, and send explorer north to see if there are any fiendly or hostile tribe north of the Pontum Sea (ancient Roman name of the Black Sea).

I also would like to speak with the Macedonian leader in order proclaim the "Egeum Pact" I promise them peace and help if they are under attack, in exchange they will provide me with the navy support in case of me going into a war or being under attack.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Last edited by Giovanni Wine; May 18, 2002 at 03:36.
Old May 18, 2002, 03:35   #50
SKILORD
King

Cheif Alarich has wrestled control of the loose East german confederation. he called the other cheifs together at once.

"We must build up our infrastructure"
"But sir our workers are currently devoted to building us huge castles should an Invading army strike."
"Tough, East Germany will have roads, and Farms."
"But sir...."the cheiftan whined as Alarich drew his mighty blade.
As his head fell to the ground Alarich asked:
"Does anyone else have an argument to pose."
oddly enough the gathered tribesmen were silent.
"our nation is a laughingstock, our soldiers are outdated our people are diseased i cannot allow this to continue. we will have roads, we will send scouts out to meet more civilizations and shall open our borders to trade. I am the state, there will be no dissention without death."
Old May 18, 2002, 05:23   #51
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

"Sire, we have a messanger from the Selucides here that wishes your most honorable preasence" proclaimed the lowly castle guard

"Bring him in replied" Jeb

The guard went to the door and brought in a strngley dressed man holding many foriegn gifts.

He walked in and proclaimed:

"King Jeb, ruler of macedon, our King Giovannurk Drunk, offers these to you in hopes you will agree to one of thoses things called a Mutual Protection Pact" said the reprasentitive while presenting him the gifts. King Drunk would like it to be known as the "Egeum Pact". He reached in his bag and pulled out a piece of writing material bearig on it the agreements of a MPP. At the bottom was the signature of KIng Drunk.

King Jeb barely glanced at the gifts, and qiuckly placed his name beside the name of the other ruler.

As the reprasentative began walking out, King jeb called him back and gave him a spear of gold, plated with gems along the side. Then he said:

"The spear of the Hoplite. Present this to your worthy KIng"
Old May 18, 2002, 07:34   #52
Tarquinius
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 01:51
Can I play as the Egyptians?
Old May 18, 2002, 07:36   #53
trickey
Prince

its okay with me
Old May 18, 2002, 08:44   #54
civman2000
Emperor

sure. I would like to object to the german tech scheme of joint tech, just because tech would go too fast. Say, for example, ROme syracuse carthage and macedon got together doing the same thing. Every 4 turns the whole group would go up 1/3, and then every 7 turns theyd go up a full age. I personally think the whole idea makes tech go too fast.

in char: I propose to give a bunch of my special catapults in exchange for contact with everyone they know (and the MPP deal is approved).

map (all that changes is color of pyrrhians and seleucid expansion):
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	euro.gif
Views:	27
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	15642  

Old May 18, 2002, 10:49   #55
Rotten999
Warlord

Sovy: The battle results will post around 4-6 CST, as always.

I'm trying out a new, and I hope novel and original, idea in the battles.

Morale. If a seriously outclassed force losses the first battle, taking causualties without giving any, they retreat losing another division in the process, unless their force is mounted (retreat, no additional losses). The same occurs if they lose two straight combat results after the battle is properly joined (they won the first clash, in other words).

A force is seriously outclassed if it is technologically backward, outnumbered by small/large or medium/huge, or an undisciplined militia/irregular force fighting a regular army.

Otherwise, retreat occurs if one side losses the first two battles (taking causualties without giving any) or previous losses have created a seriously outclassed size situation, as above, and they then meet those conditions.

Units do not retreat if they have nowhere to go (much of their land has been overrun, or they have little land, like a city-state). In this case, they surrender.

I think this adds more flavor to battles, and makes them more realistic than "all or nothing." Feedback is encouraged.
Old May 18, 2002, 10:55   #56
civman2000
Emperor

great ideas!

Old May 18, 2002, 10:56   #57
Cinna
Warlord

The new Prince of Delphi gives a basket of fruits and some fine spices to the new Empress of Rome! He hopes for many more friendly dealings with her, as he sees his single son could mary a fine young Roman noblewoman to gain even more favor with the Empress.

If Syracuse wants to know Sparta and Rhodes this is fine. Our defence army could use some siege machines.

The prince's buisness is concluded and he retures to his villa where some aged wines are waiting for him.
Old May 18, 2002, 11:09   #58
civman2000
Emperor

No, my proposal was with carthage, not delphi . If carthage agrees, I invite macedon and rhodes into the alliance.

Old May 18, 2002, 11:49   #59
Rotten999
Warlord

Addtional morale rule: An army facing Elephants for the first time is automatically considered seriously outclassed. Their combat numbers are rather average, but this makes them much more useful, and has historic precedent (Even Alexander had a tough time against such forces).
Old May 18, 2002, 11:55   #60
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Sorry guys, I don't really like the way this nes is going, (OVERMODERATION) I'm going to sit it out, but this way I can impartially give the Storywriters Union Awards for this NES. I'm gonna write and hopefully win another contest and maybe (hopefully) be able to get some free civ stuff.