Old May 18, 2002, 12:01   #61
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
ok...you can miss out on the fun if you want

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 18, 2002, 12:21   #62
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 01:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Tarik Brukur enter the Seleucid palace in Seleucia.

"Sire, we have the response of the mighty Macedonian"

Giovannurk say "Did they accept, or will I have to consider them an hostile nation"

Tarik stands up, open a giant papir and annouce "I King Jeb, ruler of Macedon, accept your Mutual Protection Pact and offer you this gold spear, the hoplite spear, as a sign of goodwill and friendship between our nations"

Giovannurk smile knowing that that spear may help him in the future in his home defense.

"I guess" he say "that our Macedonian neighbor have shown us their friendship, wishing that our relationship with them will stay in these terms, tell them that I'm willing to trade with them some of my Elephants, but tell them to use them carefully and wisely"

Tarik exit the palace
-------------------------

Tarik meets with the Military advisor "You must give me some Elephants, we are going to set an elephant trade route with our friendly Neighbors, the Macedonian"

"WHAT????" shout Rankali Butruk, military advisor "We are giving OUR elephants, to those Macedonian Barbars, No way!"

"Yes way" reply Tarik "You know what is the punishment for those that question the word of our sire"

At this words Rankali lower his head and start boiling inside, that he smiled and bring Tarik to his personal stable.

"Those two" he said "are two of the most beutilful and strongest Elephants ever seen on earth, they should be able to survive the jurney across the Egeum.

in short
I start trading elephants with Macedons

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old May 18, 2002, 12:25   #63
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

ok, i guess elephants ARE tradable then...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old May 18, 2002, 13:29   #64
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 20:51
Macedonian mercenaries are off to Syracuse in an attempt to complete a Mutual Protection pact. Hopefully, with the the acceptance of the Selucians, these nations cand band together and become a force to reckon with.
Old May 18, 2002, 14:37   #65
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

OOC: Civman don't like my mappy ?

IC:

Syn was by herself, sitting at a table with a large map of the known world on it. On the map, Rome is not only in the center, but marked out in a bright red colour. She was contemplating the situation with the Gauls, and the eventual defeat of the Phyrrians, when a messenger boy entered the room.

Syn looked up to meet eyes with the messenger boy, as he immediately stopped, and saluted the young emperess.

"What is it, young cadet?" Syn asked, seeing that the boy was also carrying a basket of fruit.

"Prince of Delphi sends his salutations to you, as well as a basket of the best fruit he has has picked in his countryside," was the young mans reply, and at once, he went over and placed the basket of multiple coloured fruit in an arms reach of Syn.

"Dismissed young one," Syn said, and the cadet turned around, and left Syn byherself.

The emperess stared down at the written reports on the expansions of various empires, and the markings on her large map of how far these countries expanded.

"If we are lucky in one of our raids, we may be able to take some of the Phyrrians navy, but even that is a meek attempt at forming a real, advanced navy..." muttered Syn, her soft voice she often used is long forgotten in the syllables and words of her ranting.

"The only alternative is the creation of the Roman Navy," she thought to herself, her hand at the same time reaching into the basket of fruit from Delphi. She yoinks a sour apple out of the basket, and begins to bite into slowly, her eyes looking down at the map.

Syn, after devouring and throwing away the apple, wrote down a message to be given to Praetor Maximus.

"We MUST form a navy to combat any evils at the edge of the city and beyond..." she thought to herself, as her thoughts are written down on the letter, in a more formal form.

"And a Roman navy we shalt have," she again thought to herself, finishing up the letter with a salutations, and signed by herself.

She placed her two fingers into her mouth, and whistled loudly. A few seconds later, feet clatter was heard as a young messenger boy entered the room where Syn is. The messenger boy is the same boy which brought Syn her fruit.

"Hand Praetor Maximus this letter, cadet," she said, while stretching her arm out with a folded letter. The cadet took the letter, gave a salute to the emperess, and left the room.

Syn could only turn her head towards the setting sun, which she can see through her window, and through the columns of stone. She gave a bit of a smile, and began to write a thank you note to be directed towards the Prince of Delphi.

Much like with the letter before, Syn whistled when she has completed her writting of the note. And like before, the messenger boy came in, took the letter, saluted the mistress, and left.

The sun was now under the horizon, and darkness began to fill the palace once again. Syn continued to look out to the glow of where the sun setted itself.

-Main Points!-

1. Syn wishes to begin the creation of the Roman Navy.

2. Syn sends a thank you note to the Prince of Delphi.
Old May 18, 2002, 17:03   #66
Rotten999
Warlord

Combat Results

The Pyrrians are quickly overwhelmed, surrendering to Rome.

The Gauls are pushed back over the Alps at the expense of one Roman Legion. The Gaullic army is in shambles.

Last edited by Rotten999; May 18, 2002 at 18:09.
Old May 18, 2002, 20:32   #67
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 19:51
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
scope out the first page of the storywriter's thread for info on the definite awards, I may make more if I find a good category
Old May 18, 2002, 23:28   #68
civman2000
Emperor

trickey: you mean carthage not seleucids right?

Map:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	euro.gif
Views:	37
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	15682  

Old May 18, 2002, 23:33   #69
civman2000
Emperor

If rhodes joins too and carthage approves, and someone gives me contact the the rumored-of seleucids we could form the great Mediterranean Alliance! Together our first targets could be (not this lists almost everyone except the countries in the alliance so dont get mad):
Egypt
Rome
Sparta
West Germans
Gauls
Galatia

Old May 19, 2002, 00:04   #70
civman2000
Emperor

"I have the new designs for the advnaced ship almost ready," said Archimedes. "It has a big hook that latches onto the other ship!"

"What good does that do? I heard awhile ago that roman scientists were trying to do something like that to be able to use their land soldiers at sea," replied Heron.

"My design is lighter and can be moved quicker. The metal hook functions as a sledgehammer destroying the enemy ship!"

"Sounds great! Lets build some of these!"

Syracusan navy is now medium, with the new "sledgehammers" consisting of 40% of the ships.

Old May 19, 2002, 01:02   #71
Giovanni Wine
King

Tarik enters the throne room, go down in his knees and declared!

"Sire, our allies, the Macedonian just signed an MPP with a far away coutry named Syracuse"

"Syracuse??" reply Giovannurk

"Yes sir"

"They must be in the western part of the Big Sea, our tiny and slowgoing ship cannot explore that far"

"I know sir" say Tarik "we should send some explorer via land in there"

"No, there is a huge vacant land north of the Macedoniand, Predators are settling there and they might murder our diplomats" Say Giovannurk

"We should ask some of our neighbors if they can sell us contact with those Syracusans" say Rukulun Trik, Foreign minister

"We should" say Giovcannurk "contact every nation we know about and ask them about those Syracusan, do it, and do it quickly, I want to meet the friends of my own friends"

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old May 19, 2002, 01:19   #72
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 00:51
Rhomus was exhausted, sweat poured from his forehead, it was ever so much hotter down south than back iin East German lands. The Selucids to the south were supposed to be advanced though and he was to offer them his fine Furs and Furniture for some of their advanced technology. Maybe he would even offer them the Longboat design that his people had been workinbg on for so long. Ot could carry far more troops than conventional transports and was more dependable in deep waters. He only hoped they would impart some of their wisdom unto his nation
Old May 19, 2002, 01:46   #73
Giovanni Wine
King

While discussing how to get in contact with the Syracusan, one of the Palace guards went near the throne of Giovannurk and said softly in the King ear

"There is the ambassador from the country North of the Pontum Sea, he would like to meet you"

"let him in, we were just done with this issue"

Rhomus entered the room:

"I traveled a long way from the country of the East Germans tribes, we would like to speak with your grace, and if possible, I'd really need a glas of fresh water"

"Mariuk, Mariuk! Bring a glass of Fresh water for our guest" shout the King

Mariuk is a young good looking gorl, daughter of a Galatian that was enslaved during the first Seleucid-Galatis war, because of her beuty she was allowed to live in the palace, but had to be named Mariuk, like any Seleucid woman.

Rhomus: "Thanks sire.... glu... glu .... glu....AAAAH... BURP"

"You burped, good, it means you appreciated" said Rukulun

Rhomus "Our wise leader would like to give your great nation some of our Furs and our great long resistance Furniture, that would fit perfectly in your wonderfull palace, in exchange, we just ask some of your wisdom and technologies"

Giovannurk "our technologies, and you just give us Fur and Furniture, sounds a little unfair to us, actually the only thing we really need right now is some sort of Long and speedy boat, so that we will be able to explore the Big Sea, and meet the other nations around the world! But I doubt that your nation can provide us such a great gift"

Rhomus "you mean a Long boat, yes sire, we have discovered the secret of building these longbats many centuries agos, when pur great nation was exploring the Sea in the North and settled a region called Scandinavia"

Tarik "you have a longboat??"

Giovannurk "here is a deal: we gave you some of our more advanced technologies, in exchange of your Furs, Furniture and the secret of the Longboat"

Rhomus "I will refere"

Rhomus is about to go away when Giovannurk call him back!

"Wait, are you gonna walk back! Take my horse"

"A horse? we don't know how to ride a horse"

"You'll learn"

in short
I accept the deal proposed to me by Skilord
My navy now get the longboat and should be upgraded right?

Saluti
Old May 19, 2002, 02:04   #74
SKILORD
King

excellent.... East Germany is on it's way to greatness.

Rhomus returned, riding a great hairy beast, the villagers had seen these beasts before but Rhomus had learned to tame them and ride them, soon the Axe bearing germans were riding through the forest on their new roads. Alarich was pleased as were the cheiftans, who for the most part were surprised to be. they had expected Alarich to be the End of EEast Germany and instead found him bringing heir nation to new heights.

Ivan The Sailor landed on the Britanian island. He called out in a mighty voice:
"Be there anyone here?"
A maiden approached meekly from the forest,
"We, the West germans have held this land for ages i'm afraid"
"Bah that's alright. we're just here to meet new people, i dropped off all my settlers on Scandinavia. The land there was open."
"Good, i'm glad for you and your people."
"You know, I always thought that the world held nought but disdain for East Germany."
"How could i disdain such a Great People that could sail here from their homeland?"
"You are truely excellent miladie, do you wish to accompany us home?"
Being an orphan and without a husband she gladly joined them, becomming the West German Ambassador to East Germany.
Old May 19, 2002, 02:41   #75
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

"Emperess Syn! I have news for you from the war fronts!" Exclaimed General Veii, as he walked quickly up to Syn as she was sitting at a table. She had some ham and lettuce on a plate infront of herself, half finished, and a glass of wine is held seductively in her hand.

"Yes General? Did the Gauls finally surrender to our great armies?" questioned Syn, as she locked her eyes on the oncoming General.

"No, my Emperess, but we have made contact with another country, or perhaps race altogether," said the approaching man, cladded in armour and covered in a red cape. He stopped and placed his wrinkled hands down on the table, keeping his eyes on the Emperess for her orders.

"Since they are not the Gauls, do not bother attacking this..."

"They call themselves the Central Germans. Many of them are brutish barbarians, but hold a social infastructure, and a heirachy system consisting of city-states,"

"Yes, these Germans..." Syn ended, biting down on her lower lip and glancing towards the window outside. It was past noon, and the bustling of Rome is heard in the distant background. Syn glances back to General Veii. She stood up, brushing her plate aside.

"Come with me General, we must discuss more about these... Germans," Syn said, as she walked away from the table. Maids from a distance walked in, and began cleaning the table where Syn was at.

The General followed the emperess down a hallway, towards the map room. Once inside, Syn quickly located herself on her throne at one end of the table. The table had a map on it, and a number of changes took place, mainly for the Romans with their recent 'expansions' in the north.

"And these Germans are located where?"

"In this northern, vast territory," said the General, waving his head in the sector of the map North East of the Roman held territory.

"We found some of their scouts, and followed them to one of their villages. We have been having negotiations ever since, mainly on how far their territories reach," the General continued on. He placed his hands on his hips as he watched Syn examining the situation even more so.

"I wish to meet their leader, General Veii. Send a messengerboy that we should make a meeting, and discuss some treaties. Perhaps asking how far his lands stretch out to..." said Syn, thinking out loudly, as her eyes drifted across the map.

"General, who claims this strip of land?" asked Syn, her feeble hand outstreching a finger pointing to a segment of land between the known German and Macedonian territories.

"It is currently an unclaimed segment of land, my lady,"

"Claim it then,"

"Yes Emperess Syn," said the General. He made a quick mental note to begin the colonization and settling of that segment of land.

"And continue attacking the Gauls, send out 2/3rds of our Legionairres to combat the Gauls. Direct our forces East, and North East of Massilia. Continue on until a healthy segment of the Gaul seaboard is under the flag of Rome," Syn commanded.

For this, the General sat down at the table. Already there was a writing tool and some paper to write on. It is usually important to keep such utensils around, since many important objectives are discussed at this table.

After the General completed his task of writing down the two objectives that the Emperess wanted done, Syn continued on with her plans.

"I also want the rest of our legionarries to begin settling the newly claimed lands. The creation of roads, and forums should be the priorities. Use the legions to gather up a workforce to lead the production of these new roads and buildings," Syn stated, her eyes locking on the former Gaul controlled zones.

"But the blasted Senate wants the war to end quickly, and since we have no horse to quicken our pace, our only other option is to have peace with the Gauls... For now. Send out a messengerboy that if the Gauls wish to, they can have peace if they stop attacking our nation,"

The General nodded, as he written more on the peice of paper he has, then grabbing another peice to finish up on Syn's demands.

"I believe that is all, Generall Veii. You are dismissed,"

"Yes, Emperess Syn," replied Veii, giving a crisp salute to the mistress, before leaving the Map Room to command his subordinates to do Syn's bidding.

"The senate... Always wanting to have so much peaceful, in this war torn world. I can only hope we can ever have peace," thought Syn to herself. She glances out to the hallway, hearing the distant clapping of a messengerboy's shoes, as it fades into the shadows.

"Now, it is time to meet an old friend in Massilia,"
-Main Events!-

1. Begin colonization of the seaboard that is unclaimed, and is between the German and Macedonians.

2. 2/3rds of the Legionairre force are to take the last of the Gaul seaboard, as well as a healthy portion to be used as a buffer.

3. The rest of the legionairre force is to begin public work projects of building roads, and forums (administrative centres) in the captured territories of the Phyrrians and Gauls.

4. Syn sends a messengerboy to meet with the leader of the Central Germans.

5. Syn sends a messengerboy that the Romans will end their attacks, if they agree to declaring peace between the two nations.

6. Syn goes off to visit Massillia.
Old May 19, 2002, 02:47   #76
SKILORD
King

"The Eastern Germans have heard of the glory that is Rome, we just had to see it for ourselves."
"I see, and what do you offer us?"
"Furs, what do you want to trade me for them?"
Old May 19, 2002, 02:50   #77
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

OOC: SKILORD, who is that directed to?
Old May 19, 2002, 02:56   #78
SKILORD
King

Rome
Old May 19, 2002, 03:09   #79
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Praetor Maximus was keeping an eye on Rome, as the Emperess Syn has made her expedition to Masillia.

A young lad dressed in brownish robes walked into the office of the Praetor.

"Benevolant Maximus, the leader of the Eastern Germans are wanting to discuss terms on trading. They said they are willing to trade some furs for something,"

Praetor Maximus rubbed his chin, thinking to himself. Not only was the emperess away, but furs are not needed in the warm mediterranian area of Rome.

"Tell their leader we have no use for these furs,"

The messengerboy quickly left to relay the message.
Old May 19, 2002, 03:18   #80
SKILORD
King

Rome

How about iron or Gems?

West Germany

Do you want any of our furs?

Ultimantium to the World
The Area known as Scandinavia is mine, i highly discourage colinization of it as i will be colonizing it agressively and would have for any settlers you send to be caught in the crossfire between the 'barbaric' natives and my own colonists, why i doubt your colonists would last very long there at all, just let me take care of it.
Old May 19, 2002, 04:17   #81
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Again, the messageboy returned with a message.

The old man read the message, half outloud, and half in thought. He mumbled the words on the new demands.

After quickly skimming the text once more, he writes down his reply under the message, and hands it back to the message boy. The reply saying, "We do not need any more metal ores, nor see much use for gems. Perhaps a deal would be more easily discussed if you ask for what you want, and we can name our price,"
Old May 19, 2002, 05:23   #82
Tarquinius
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Ramses, King of Egypt, was in Alexandria to look at his fleet.
Traditionally, the Egyptians usually stayed out of most hostilities. This time though, the king felt threatened. He had vaguely heard about an alliance formed between several mediteranean powers, and it seemed logical Egypt would be one of their targets.

But before he could decide what was best for his country he had to know more of the countries near him. So far he only knew Carthage, the Selicudes, Rhodes and Macedon.

He gave an order to his admiral:
"Admiral Manchon, I want you to send a few galleys to distance lands to find who live there."
"Yes my Excellency. Do we just have to make contact with other civilizations?"
"Offer them peace, and give them small presents. Also try to estimate how strong their navy and army is."
"I will Sire."

A few days later King Ramses watched his ships sail in different direction, to search for distance lands. Meanwhile, his people could colonize the land between Egypt and Carthage. They had to stay close to the coast of course, the rest of the land was useless because of an endless desert.

In short:
1. Egypt makes contact with Syracuse, Sparta, Rome and Central Germany and offers them peace.
2. Egypt starts colonizing a part of the land between Carthage and Egypt
Old May 19, 2002, 07:00   #83
*Clart*
Settler

Macedon sends world maps to the SElucids in hopes they will rerturn thier world maps.

"Sire there is a great land to the south of us that we have barely made contact with. They have a more formidible navy than us and thier army is just as strong." proclaimed the macedonian military advisor.

"Really" responded king Jeb calmly while sitting in his chair and stroking his chin. "Send a mesanger to them. Maybe we can get a little alliance going here." King Jeb snickered as the youg advisor wen running down the stairs and fell.
Old May 19, 2002, 07:01   #84
*Clart*
Settler

ahhh crap, forgot to log out of my brothers account. that is really trickey who posted that
Old May 19, 2002, 09:11   #85
civman2000
Emperor

Macedon: CArthage seems to have disappeared for awhile. Can I have contact with seleucids because your my ally and...
psst, we can strengthen the alliance and plot to crush rivals

Old May 19, 2002, 09:14   #86
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Macedon sends world maps to Syracuse.
Old May 19, 2002, 09:18   #87
civman2000
Emperor

I think having different variations of ancient ships sledgehammers, ravens, longboats, normal galleys) is a good idea. It brings some variety into the game. In top secret negotiations (this means Rome DOES not know about them and cannot react as if they knew and the reality police should be watching for this) Heron proposes to CArthage and Macedon an attack on rome, noting the they have only a few fishing boats as a navy. The reality police also notes that this means ROme could not have colonized an area across the Adriatic.

map:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	euro.gif
Views:	33
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	15702  

Old May 19, 2002, 09:31   #88
civman2000
Emperor

I dont want maps I want contacts !! I send my maps to you too

Old May 19, 2002, 10:27   #89
cbraund
Prince

Hannibal grinned at the thought of attacking Rome.(BTW: Do I get elephants? After all, Hannibal rode one!)

"Send thanks to Syracuse for helping us advance quicker, and send them contacts to everyone we know in return for catapults. I think these will work well in our army."

"Sir." his aide nodded.

"And also, tell Syracuse we will be willing to help train their army in offensive tactics if they will help us update our navy. Our army is being equipped with the new tech that we are exchanging, but now it is the turn of our navy. In return we will also give them full control over who joins the Med. Alliance, and let them be the brains behind the alliance.

"I'll be the brawn." Hannibal smiled.
Old May 19, 2002, 12:41   #90
trickey
Prince

Well i guess it doesnt matter, but i send all my contacs to Syracuse