Local Time: 00:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
We accept the deal
Old May 20, 2002, 08:22   #122
cbraund
Prince

Due to Rome's genorisity in giving Gaul back their territory, Carthage would welcome an exchange of our elephants for your aqueduct building techniques, as the desert is hard to colonise without them.

Hannibal
Old May 20, 2002, 11:02   #123
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Syracuse objects to Carthage's offer. I will accept the Seleucid otehr if some money and maybe a luxury is added. Catapults are MUCH more important than longboats. Secretly, I suggest to the members of GMA that we launch a joint espionage mission to steal aqueduct blueprints from rome.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 20, 2002, 13:38   #124
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

East Germany had come a long way, but it was still only a strong barbarian nation, ok really really ridiculously strong(and good looking) for a barbarian tribe but they were still not a strong civilization, and anyway there was more to life than being really really ridiculously strong for barbarians.

Alarich wants to expand germanic culture starting in East Germany. Painters have been hired and temples are in the works.
Old May 20, 2002, 16:24   #125
Tarquinius
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 01:52
After months of building Egypt now has a Large Navy.
Egypt sends a message to Carthage that Egypt will expand in your direction, until we 'touch' your areas along the coast. (so we will not colonize parts on 'your'side of the desert.)
We will go no further after that, so don't feel threatened by us
Old May 20, 2002, 17:43   #126
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Seleucids disaproove the Syracusan projects of stealing aqueducts plans from Rome.

"We are not thief" says the letters signed by Giovannurk King to the embassador of Syracuse.

On the other hand we will add Incense and few gold to the trade with Syracuse in order to have the technology for Catapults.

Seleucid start the building of temples in the old Galatian territory in order to better integrate them in our kingdom.

Ciprus become our main naval base, Galleys and Longboats are being built there.

King Giovannurk due to the great wisdom of Rome in freeing some of Gauls nation offer them Incenseamong and gold and ask in return some of your precious wine.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old May 20, 2002, 17:49   #127
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

King Heron accepts the trade prposal, it is finally enacted. However, he also condemns their support of ROme. He is now secretly considering attempting to dissolve the alliance or leave it if that fails. The army is building up with elite swordsmen reinforced with catapults. He offers to buy elephants from anyone who has them.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old May 20, 2002, 17:55   #128
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

"The Emperess has arrived!" yelled out one guardsmen in his mid-20's. A number of trumpets were sounded as a carriage drawn by 4 brown and white paint horses halted infront of the main Roman senate.

The Emperess disembarked her wooden landcraft, and quickly made her way to where her advisors were. In the meeting hall.

"Emperess Syn! It is wonderful to see you once more back in Rome. I see you are not injured physically, but are you well?" exclaimed Maximus, his voice is humble and fatherly.

"Yes Maximus, all is well. I believe my questions have been answered upon my trek to Masillia," replied Syn, as she entered the hall, and took her seat back in her thrown. Her travellers outfit now changed back to her white pants, shirt and robe.

"My lady, a number of occurances have taken place with Rome and aquaintences," said General Veii, taking his seat on the ladies left hand side. Maximus sat down in unison on Syn's right hand side, and Julius sat down beside Maximus.

"Have you carried out the plans I have sent you, general?"

Veii nodded, and said, "Yes I have. I saw the reasoning in why you took such a course of action, and now, after looking back, I support it. Soldiers saw the forsaken land, and would take years to actually civilize until it is useful."

"And Julius? Our kind general has told me some events have taken place amongst our friends, when I was away?"

"We have set up a sea trade route with the East Germans. We ship the Germans-," began Julius.

Syn cut off Julius' summarization of the trade situation.

"My friend Julius, we must name these people something OTHER than the West, Central or East Germans. The name seems so overused," said Syn, as she continued on with her suggestion, "I believe that we should call our eastern friends the Vikings. Send a message to them, to see if they accept a name change to the Vikings. I believe these Vikings have a distinct culture as opposed to the Central and Western Germans."

Julius nodded to Syn, his head bobbing up and down like a cork in the water. He then pulled out a peice of paper and pen, which are always ready in the Meeting Hall, and written down a message. He called loudly for a messengerboy, and moments later the sandal cladded young lad came racing into the room.

A few words were exchanged between Julius and the newcomer. After Julius handed the lad the envelope that contains the message of such a name change, the boy ran out. His sandal clapping was still heard when Julius began summarizing the trade situation.

"The Ea- *Ahem* Vikings have requested a trade to go on between our two countries. In exchange of giving them a road and building larger housing and complexes, and exporting our wine, we are to recieve a plentiful amount of furs and ores,"

Syn only nodded to the Foreign Advisor, as he swallowed down his saliva from worrying that he could upset the Emperess at such a change.

"Julius, I believe only I can make such decisions on what goes in and what goes out of Rome. Although I do see the usefulness of ridding our stores of our already overlyproduced wines, and the new technologies should keep the Vikings busy, I see very little use for these Furs, and even less use for the Ores since we are producing much of our own," exclaimed the now angry Emperess, rising from her seat with her eyes narrowing down at Julius.

"My Emperess, you were away, and the Vikings were getting impatient with us! As you want to keep Rome in a peaceful status, I obliged with their request finally. Although the Fur's may look useless, they make wonderful rugs, as the furs can be used to make a number of tapestries and fabrics. The ores, I have examined myself, and their purity is even more so better than the ores we can harvest for ourselves. This is before refinement of these ores," explained the nervous Julius, as he slunk deeper into his seat.

Syn sat down slowly, the crossness on her face wading off.

"Even so, I should have been informed of such a proposition. But as we cannot close our trade routes to the Vikings now, for fear of tempering them, I guess we will have to embrace the goods we recieve,"

Julius only nodded, as he wiped the sweat beads on his forehead off. Cold sweat.

"Now, what is next on the agenda?"

Praetor Maximus looked at Syn. He was holding a white peice of paper, and had skimmed it over several times while Julius was talking.

"Emperess, hours from your arrival, we have recieved this trade proposition from Carthage. They would like to expand into the deserts, where the water is vastly lacking. In exchange, they will send us these creatures called Elephants to us," the Domestic Advisor said, his fingers twiddling with the peice of paper.

"Elephants," quested General Veii. He has never heard of such creatures before.

"Yes, Elephants. These creatures are 6 times the size of a horse! And weigh even more so! They would be fine creatures in our ranks," explained the Praetor.

Syn nodded, her hands were raised up to her shoulders, with her chin resting on her hands. After thinking momentarily, she made her reply.

"These creatures, if so great and feirce, seem to be deemed worthy to be in our ranks. As well, if Carthage is expanding into the desert, they will be too busy making their own expansion into a hostile land. And, having friends with our Carthegian sea neighbors may prove beneficial to the well being of Rome," said Syn.

Praetor Maximus made a letter, much like what Julius has done. And like Julius, called the messengerboy. And like so many times before, the messengerboy left the room with the message, to be taken to Carthage this time.

Syn smiled a bit, and brought up her own proposition.

"Amongst my travels to Masillia, I have heard of this meditarranian alliance being formed. This involves many nations in the meditarranian area, and some were even invited. But what striked me peculier is that Rome was not invited," said the Kurosei.

"My lady, to make up for my earlier rash actions with the trade situation, I have heard of this alliance with my travels to Syracuse. It seems like the leader of Syracuse, such a small but advanced nation, is the head of this party,"

Syn nodded to Julius. She was wondering who was leading this party of meditarranian nations.

"I will send you to Syracuse, since you seem to be the most informed on the situation. Ask the leader of Syracuse, as to why Rome was not invited into this alliance. And, to offer Syracuse a peace treaty amongst our advanced nations," Syn said, as she looked at Julius from where she is sitting on her overwelming throne.

Julius nodded.

- Main Events! -

1. Syn has returned!

2. We accept Carthage's proposition of giving them the aquaduct tech, in exchange for elephants.

3. Julius is to be sent to ask the leader of Syracuse as to why Rome was not invited into this Meditarranian Alliance, and to bring up a peace treaty amongst both nations.
Old May 20, 2002, 18:02   #129
civman2000
Emperor

Rome was not invited because er, um, er...we,uh, view you as too aggressive to join our ahem peaceful alliance

Old May 20, 2002, 18:11   #130
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Julius' Counter:

"Then why is Seleucidian empire still in your alliance?"
Old May 20, 2002, 18:14   #131
civman2000
Emperor

er um...i dunno, they've got elephants that are big and scary?

SOMEONE ELSE WANNA HELP ME HERE?????

Old May 20, 2002, 18:19   #132
Cinna
Warlord

Local Time: 19:52
No matter Empress, your too good for their alliance anyway. Delphi knows which side to kiss up to and which side to ignore for their arrogance.

ps: happy birthday Empress, i see it is tomorow so i send over my finest wines and spices for your celebrations
Old May 20, 2002, 18:21   #133
civman2000
Emperor

I got it figured out! We invite people who:
1. Are on the mediterranean AND
2. Have 6 or more letters in their name OR
3. Have a cool letter combination (like for example "ypt") in their name.

Oh, and "name" refers to the official name of the nation, not the name of the people

Old May 20, 2002, 18:23   #134
civman2000
Emperor

And in accordance with the above guidelines I invite West Germany into GMA!

Old May 20, 2002, 19:09   #135
cbraund
Prince

I propose that all nations be allowed into our alliance, and that we hold meetings in Mallissia(sp?!), a kind of security council where we can all meet to talk in a neutral zone.

And due to that, I propose the following rules for the United Nations:

1) Only if a nation in the alliance is attacked without provocation will the other nations help.

2) If a nation declares war on another, then no-one has to help them. And if the war goes badly against them, still no one has to help, they got themselves into that mess, let them sort it out!

3) The only nation Carthage promises to defend even if the attacker does have a reason is Syracuse, our old ally.

4) Rome should stop its aggressive expansion and take on a more peaceful role.

5) Anyone who attacks Massillia(or whatever the f*ck it's called!) will immediately be at war with every other nation.

6) There should be regular Olympics held in Athens where we can all meet and relax.

7) The UN Security Council can vote whether an attack was provoked or not.

8) Trade is encouraged between nations.

9) Syracuse's leader should be the UN Secretary General, basically the person who chairs meetings.

10) These UN Meetings should actually be held on a chat room somewhere!

Carthage trades elephants to Rome now, and uses the aqueducts to begin expanding into the desert. A border with Egypt is welcome, allowing us to increase trade with them, and allowing Carthage civilians to see the pyramids.

Carthage offers elephants to Syracuse in return for help upgrading our fleet or expanding/upgrading our army.

Hannibal orders all Carthage units to take up defensive positions, a third of them in our colonies and two thirds at home. They are ordered to dig fortifications, and make sure that Carthage cannot be invaded. This is seen as a sign that Carthage will not be attacking nations for many years to come, as Hannibal is a lot more peaceful than his father.

The large Carthage navy is to ensure safe and free passage for all in the Med. Sea, and to ensure the safety of Carthage and her allies from unprovoked attacks(except Syracuse, where even provoked ones will be defended against) and pirates.

He also welcomes Rome's diplomatic moves, and hopes that they will prove themselves to no longer be warmongerers.

Hannibal
Old May 20, 2002, 19:12   #136
Giovanni Wine
King

The Seleucid do not understand why the Syracusan are something like.... ehm... disgusted of inviting Rome to the alliance.... but they are fine with it.

Seleucids are also offended that Rome didn't even look at our trade proposal, and withdraw it.

At last the great King Giovannurk Drunk wonders who are the leaders of Rhodes and West Germany, and why countries without any leader have been invited into the alliance.

Giovannurk also points out that is not questioning the awesome work of our great allies the Syracusan in forming such a great alliance, and we are greatful with them for inviting us into it, we are just asking for some clearification about it.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old May 20, 2002, 19:15   #137
Giovanni Wine
King

Giovannurk sign the new GMA bills proposed by our allies the Cartaginians!

Giovannurk sends his Olympic teams in Athens in hoping for them to win and to gain more International prestige

Saluti
Old May 20, 2002, 19:19   #138
cbraund
Prince

I wouldn't send them yet, they might be killed as invaders! We need to get Macedonia's agreement first!

And thank you for supporting our reforms, I think they could encourage a more peaceful Europe, but may also cause a few wars with people speaking more openly about issues that p*ss them off!

Hannibal
Old May 20, 2002, 19:20   #139
civman2000
Emperor

i disagree with the idea of the UN, especially if it is (as proposed) in a chat room. I think having a UN is too far ahead in civ to put in. There can be an informal thing similar to it though, after all there are informal alliances that are not MPPs

Old May 20, 2002, 19:23   #140
civman2000
Emperor

i agree on the elephants deal. 2 of Archimedes's top 10 students are on their way to Cartthage to help implement siege weapons into the carthaginian military.

Old May 20, 2002, 19:42   #141
cbraund
Prince

Well I am changing all of my alliances to the rules stated, I will not go to war if an ally declares war on someone, I will remain neutral. I will defend my allies, but only if it is an unprovoked attack(except for Syracuse).

Also, the Olympics were held in ancient Greece at this time, so they should go ahead, and our chats could be us supposedly meeting there, how about once a week?

Once again, Carthage supports a peaceful world, it's navy ensures freedom to all, and our army is going into defensive mode, although to our enemies be warned, we are still very adept at attacking!

Hannibal
Old May 20, 2002, 20:08   #142
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

OOC: Sorry Giovanni, I didn't get a chance to see it because you posted your trade request while I was typing up my huge arse story. They take about 20-25 minutes to produce such a lengthy amount of typing.
Old May 20, 2002, 22:39   #143
civman2000
Emperor

with the elephants and military buildup, the syracusan army is now large.

Old May 20, 2002, 22:56   #144
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

For such a small island and population, that large military and navy must put quite the strain on your people...
Old May 20, 2002, 23:42   #145
Giovanni Wine
King

Quote:
OOC: Sorry Giovanni, I didn't get a chance to see it because you posted your trade request while I was typing up my huge arse story. They take about 20-25 minutes to produce such a lengthy amount of typing.
Oh I see!

well..... the Seleucids are not offended anymore

Saluti

P.S. Great Job on your writing
Old May 20, 2002, 23:52   #146
Giovanni Wine
King

The Seleucids start a three year settling plan as shown in the map below!

This will start of course only if it is ok with the rules of this NES

Saluti
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	euro.gif
Views:	18
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	15825  
Old May 21, 2002, 00:29   #147
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

this isn't remotely relistic however so as not to loose reputation East Germany sends it's finest athletes to Athens for the Olympics

We also begin colonizing to the south, we will stop at the selucid's little line on the map we will be done in 2 years with the whole area to that line.
Old May 21, 2002, 00:31   #148
Giovanni Wine
King

Ops wrong thread
Old May 21, 2002, 06:59   #149
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 20:52
Macedon sends an envoy to Syracuse to find out what he can trade them for catapults. (Remember, i have elephants if you want them).

Also , after months of building, macedons' navy is now large.

((join my nes))
Old May 21, 2002, 11:24   #150
civman2000
Emperor

I already have elephants! Hmmm...I think maybe I'll be nice and give it to you for an agreement to join 100% in plotting against Rome and a promise to back us up in the upcoming attack, ahem, um, nothing.