Old May 21, 2002, 11:31   #151
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
BY the way that little text was secret negotiations.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 21, 2002, 12:14   #152
Tarquinius
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 01:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Egypt is delighted that she is now a member of the Meditereaean alliance. However, due to internal troubles, Egypt will stay neutral to all conflicts the coming time, until King Ramses has solved all problems.

OOC: I am going to Rome for a few days. (No, I am not going to negotiate with Empress Syn ) I will be back after the weekend.
Old May 21, 2002, 12:27   #153
cbraund
Prince

Local Time: 00:52
Since everyone else is doing it:

After months of preparation, Carthage's army is now large, making our stats:

Large army
Large navy
Late ancient
Medium tech

I now begin work on my navy once more.

Hannibal
Old May 21, 2002, 12:32   #154
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Rome has advanced in tech to the late ancient age and now have catapults!

Macedon: I offer to hire some mercenary hoplites (you cant give me tech to build them but i can get some mercenaries that fight almost as well (maybe they have lower morale...more likely to flee when all theyre getting is money))

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old May 21, 2002, 13:27   #155
cbraund
Prince

Carthage offers elephants to the first nation to give them contact with the east and central Germans

Hannibal
Old May 21, 2002, 15:05   #156
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 20:52
Syracuse has the full backing Macedon. We were going to anyway.
Old May 21, 2002, 17:07   #157
civman2000
Emperor

what about mercenary hoplites?

Old May 21, 2002, 17:11   #158
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Mercenary hoplites will be on their way when you send some wise men to teach our wise men about catpults
Old May 21, 2002, 17:21   #159
civman2000
Emperor

OK, another student of Archimedes is sent off with a few of his students.

Moderator question: Does giving someone tech such as catapults put them in late ancient because it is pretty much the only significant military tech or does it just let them have those advantages unless the trade explicitly mentions giving the whole 1/3 age?

Old May 21, 2002, 17:53   #160
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Seleucids are willing to give Cartaghe contacts with East Germany, but we already have Elephants!

Maybe for something else

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old May 21, 2002, 17:57   #161
civman2000
Emperor

King Heron demands that Delphi become a part of the Syracusan Empire. If they submit peacefully, their people will be respected and given considerable autonomy, beyond just paying me taxes . If they do not,

Old May 21, 2002, 18:00   #162
Giovanni Wine
King

Giovannurk reminds Syracuse that Delphi has an alliance with Rome, bulling that nation may cause war with Rome and their Legions

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old May 21, 2002, 18:03   #163
civman2000
Emperor

I'm not bullying! I'm just inviting your people into a happier and more advanced society

Old May 21, 2002, 18:12   #164
trickey
Prince

hehehe
Old May 21, 2002, 18:14   #165
civman2000
Emperor

I'm still awaiting an answer from giovannurk...

Old May 21, 2002, 18:17   #166
Giovanni Wine
King

Uh?

May I remind you that Giovannurk is the leader of the Seleucids . and not of Delphi

Mine was just an advice not to provoke war against Rome, I don't know If I will be willing to sacrifice Seleucid's soldier for an attack against Rome, I will instead willing of defend your country if Rome (or any other country) will attack you nation unprovoked

Saluti
Old May 21, 2002, 18:22   #167
civman2000
Emperor

oops ....memory lapse for a minute there !

Old May 21, 2002, 18:23   #168
Giovanni Wine
King

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
oops ....memory lapse for a minute there !
No problem

Saluti
Old May 21, 2002, 18:25   #169
Cinna
Warlord

Local Time: 19:52
umm i assume Heron is talking to Cinna, Prince of Delphi???

I object!! this is forcefull extortion! you cannot force city states to become part of your empire! that is wrong and unfair to pick on a nation much weaker then your own and you should be ashamed!!

with that said I IMPLORE Rome to come to the aid of Delphi! Syn your most gracious majesty, if you aid me and rid these barbarians I will give my entire fleet (about a weak medium) to your control forever, even after the war you may control my navy. Syn, we have always bowed to your feet and would have given you our navy if you were attacked by the alliance anyway, I will also give you 30 years of free spices, wines, and fattened cattle to the glory of rome, as well as my pure service and loyalty. Delphi needs a friend Rome, Delphi needs one badly.

Heron, Delphi pays taxes to Rome, a much greater society then your feeble barbarian people can ever hope to become. Using me as a middle man to provoke a war with a glorious society is deplorable, do your own dirty work you filthy scoundral.

Hail Rome! i seem to be in quite the mess my Empress, please have some compassion.

BTW: Delhi begins to mobilize for war and expects to be 80% defensive very soon.
Old May 21, 2002, 18:28   #170
cbraund
Prince

Carthage would defend Syracuse using our large navy as the Romans haven't hardly got one at all if the Syracuse leader makes war with them. But we will not attack Rome, just prevent them assaulting Syracuse, as per our agreement.

I think provoking Rome is foolish.

Oh, and I advanced to the same tech as you because the terms for the first MPP we had was that you would help me increase my tech level to yours!

Hannibal
Old May 21, 2002, 18:29   #171
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
you cannot force city states to become part of your empire
Quote:
Delphi pays taxes to Rome
I'm not asking you to do much more than what rome is already doing to you...by your own standards of "becoming a part of your empire" you're already part of Rome!

Old May 21, 2002, 18:30   #172
civman2000
Emperor

yeah but what about all the other people that I'm giving catapult tech, does that alone put them in the late ancient age? Let's let rotten answer

Old May 21, 2002, 18:33   #173
civman2000
Emperor

OOC: I have two reasons for doing this:
1. Make Sovy mad when my allies help me crush him
2. Make some interesting crises

Old May 21, 2002, 18:34   #174
Cinna
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000

I'm not asking you to do much more than what rome is already doing to you...by your own standards of "becoming a part of your empire" you're already part of Rome!
HAHAHAHAHAH
You equate paying taxes to your civilization to paying taxes to the glory that is Rome? If you can honestly equate these two, I question your soicieties ability to pick a capable leader.
Old May 21, 2002, 18:36   #175
trickey
Prince

Will you stop kissing rome's a$$! I am mobilizing my army for war incase of a conflict.
Old May 21, 2002, 18:40   #176
civman2000
Emperor

it goes without saying that I'm mobilizing too...and to a message a saw awhile back by sovy saing such a large military is quite a drain on such a small island, i agree. That will probably be addressed pretty soon, I've got plans about that.

Old May 21, 2002, 18:42   #177
Cinna
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by trickey
Will you stop kissing rome's a$$! I am mobilizing my army for war incase of a conflict.
Ok lets look at this logically. I am a tiny city state with a barely acceptable navy and a horrible army and I have to face one of the greatest alliances ever contrived. With or without Romes help it will still be almost impossible, I doubt you could do much better in my position, and everyone always likes flattery, you are just upset because it's not directed at you.
Old May 21, 2002, 18:44   #178
Giovanni Wine
King

Giovannurk is not happy!

I send a letter to Heron, Cinna, Pleb, Hannibal and Syn in order to make the dispute settle and peace to win.

"We are an alliance made to seek peace and common wealth" declare Giovannurk in his letter "Let's not let war ruin everything"

Saluti
Old May 21, 2002, 18:44   #179
cbraund
Prince

Carthage puts her army on high alert, but still in defensive posture. Hannibal doesn't want war spilling across our borders.

And Syracuse, Hannibal doesn't like warmongerers. The MPP works in one more way in my mind, that we should stop you doing something stupid.

An attack on Rome by your small nation won't get past the sea, as I would order a blockade of Syracuse, and give Rome the tech it needs to begin building a navy, so that peace can reign.

If you intend to drag the entire alliance into your war, then Carthage will stay out of it and not try to stop you, but offer Rome transport on our ships should they pay us enough. And if that means they could strike Syracuse, well, as the MPP said, if you start the war, you must face the consequences. Carthage doesn't like bullies who bully little city-states.

Hannibal
Old May 21, 2002, 18:45   #180
civman2000
Emperor

OOC: CInna, trickey, calm down. trickey, try to be civil. Cinna, remember that these posts are in character and are not personal attacks, only expressions of the opinions of the leaders of the civs.