Old May 27, 2002, 15:22   #121
Redstar
Warlord

Local Time: 00:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
"I mostly nuke one turn before achieving a space race victory. So I also say f*** the consequences. My people take off for Alpha Centauri, and let the rest bathe in my radiation."

ya know...manual says score is based only on the amount of content and happy people you have plus your total territory.

So by using those nukes just before you win...don't you lower your score by making so many people unhappy?
Old May 29, 2002, 08:04   #122
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 02:52
Quote:
Originally posted by Redstar
"I mostly nuke one turn before achieving a space race victory. So I also say f*** the consequences. My people take off for Alpha Centauri, and let the rest bathe in my radiation."

ya know...manual says score is based only on the amount of content and happy people you have plus your total territory.

So by using those nukes just before you win...don't you lower your score by making so many people unhappy?
hi ,

you mean your people or the ones from the other civ('s) , ......

have a nice day
Old May 29, 2002, 08:07   #123
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 03:52
Your people don't become unhappy due to nuking.
Old May 29, 2002, 09:01   #124
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 02:52
Quote:
Originally posted by Solver
Your people don't become unhappy due to nuking.
hi ,

hmmm , not complete , it depends , when you use them it means you are at war , if the war is "justified" ( ) then your people shall not be to much unhappy , but if the war is long , and the people have forgotten what the war was all about , .....
then the use of nukes seems to add to WW , ......we are testing this again and it seems that after a 40 - 60 turn war , when you certainly start to use nuke's the people start to get more WW , ....

more on that when the games are all finished , ..

have a nice day
Old May 31, 2002, 12:11   #125
Travathian
Warlord

Local Time: 16:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
What would make me use a nuke?

The chance to win the game.

In my latest game I beelined straight to Satelites for ICBMs (256x256 map). Being in third place behind two computer players who were getting further and further ahead led me to believe this was my best option, since the game was setup with no winning conditions, only highest score at 2050. I started WWIII, no nukes, but I was building ICBMs in every city. No other Civ was even close to having ICBMs yet. I pacted with all the other Civs against #1 and #2 then proceeded to obliterate them. #5 eventually declared war on me, I obliterated them as well. I have yet to take a city or attack using anything but ICBMs, but I am now safely in 1st. The only other civ with nukes is #3 now, and they have 2 nukes and 1 ICBM, I have over 80 ICBMs.

This was only at 1800AD on Monarch, but I quit playing and considered it a victory since I knew no one would be able to catch me at that point.

Up until this game I think I had rarely even built them, but this is what my strategy came up with in order to win. Its a game so ethics be damned, Nukes Away!