Old May 21, 2002, 16:12   #31
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 20:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Don't bother. You're going to get creamed. Quit while you're only 20 feet deep in the hole, kiddo.
Old May 21, 2002, 16:12   #32
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 19:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny
Yes- Hitler revitalised Germany's economy, but just about any shaved ape could have had the same short-lived success by using the tactics he used- such as declaring all women's places are in the home making babies and giving their jobs to the men. Hey presto! No unemployment- on paper. The truth is that most leaders just won't stoop that low, and I'm ****ing glad of the fact.
fighting back against their "servitude" in the Rhinelands, wherein they were basically slaves to the french kind of helped too. also, his counterings of the treaty of versalles kind of allowed germany to KEEP some of the money they made.

Quote:
The nazi party was founded on bigotry, violence and crime. To compare it to any legitimate party is displaying a monstrous lack of brains, or a seriously warped set of values. Have you got a shrine to Himmler in your bedroom or what?
no shrine, sorry bugs. accordign to Madison in the Federalist papers <b>EVERY</b> interest group (he called them factions and later on political parties worked against some people to benefit themselves. the rightful heirs of germany were slowly losing their control, and outsiders siezed economic success.

Quote:
This post facto attempt at justification is wasting your time and everyone elses. You used a Totenkopf as an avatar as an anti-Israeli gesture- whether you were joking or not it's still an unbelieveably moronic thing to do. Then, in a fit of pique, you replace it with a white supremacist flag. To top it off you're now throwing your toys out of the pram and talking revisionism.
i don't consider defending my opinions to be a waste of time, sorry if you do. i said i'm sorry if you're offended, and i agreed not to show them anymore, but you do nto have the right to tell me that my <b>opinion</b> is wrong.

my opinion is my opinion is my opinion, and i'm sorry if it's not concurrent with yours. i dont go out of my way to undermine / annoy you by pointing out what i consider your follies, indeed i <b>dont even effin' know you</b>. who the hell am i to judge someone i dont even know. you seem to feel you have that power.

maybe someday i'll find it within myself to judge people instantenously. maybe.
Old May 21, 2002, 16:12   #33
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Local Time: 01:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX

the apology was ignored in several other threads.
I take it that this was the special "invisible apology" feature that doesn't show up on the "show posts by..." searches?

Or was it the "I'm not a nazi, you jackasses" you used as a location field?
Old May 21, 2002, 16:17   #34
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 20:55
35 feet and still diggin'... he's stubborn, you have to give him that much.
Old May 21, 2002, 17:18   #35
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Local Time: 01:55
There's one point I will pick up on there. Ubercrux- you say I have no right to say your opinion is wrong. While it remains lodged in the solid bone between your ears that may be the case....

....but as soon as you bring it out into the public I have every right to call it wrong. Not just "wrong", in fact, but "moronic", "crass" and "richly deserving to be ridiculed". I choose to exercise that right.
Old May 21, 2002, 23:24   #36
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 00:55
Uberkrux, the nazis were
1. inefficient
2. racist
3. thugs
4. they would have caused MASSIVE inflation if they had won the war- and they would have create a poverty economy!

5. Germany wasn't merely fighting back against France- germany was trying to create an empire and kill all non-aryans.
They were trying to sterilize all non aryans (which was also stupid because after the 1st sslave generation died, they would have no slaves and would be forced to do their own work )

They took Czechoslovakia, Poland, Austria, etc. They were out to conquer the world- not merely France.

Germany deserved what they got in WWI... and actaully until the great depression, the US was lending money and helping German economies, which allowed the germans to pay debts to england which allowed england to pay their debt to the US.

Remember all war debts were eventually nulled after WWI!
And remember, the restricitions on the German army were nulled after WWI!
And remember the french gave the Germans a remobilized area on the border!

I think the Nazis had enough chances to 'back down' before Poland.

They couldn't have been doing it merely for the good of everyone- they were self serving (As, I will admit, MANY countries are, if not all,) but that does not make the Nazis good in ANY way.
Old May 21, 2002, 23:27   #37
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 00:55
Quote:
the nazi party was similiar to the labour party in england. it was a political party. the LEADERS were the evil ones, not the party itself.
I think you have fascism confused with nazism.
Fascism wasn't racist- nazism was.
Can you name more than perhaps 3 nazis who weren't racist?

And anyways, the nazi party's leaders were the ones who
1. founded it
2. controlled it
3. guided it.

There is very little room for it to be good.

If it had outlived its racist phase (in fact it still seems to be in it) you may be able to say that- but how many nazis of the 30's and 40's weren't racist?

Oh, there were quite a few fascists/nationalists who wern't racist- but Nazis?

Please name me one.
Old May 22, 2002, 00:56   #38
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 18:55
You can write scads and scads of reasons why the Nazis were the biggest and the baddest to come along. You can write volumes on the origins of the Nazis within a fledgling German republic. Some people will quibble, and then the debate can begin on whether this policy or that could have lead to a better life for some people at some time, or not.

The crux of the matter, Mr KruX, is that those particular bad guys started a war in the name of race. In that war, in Europe some 30 million or more human lives were consumed. If you need any other reasons why many in civil society will not tolerate the perpetuations of those images of hate, you really do not understand much at all.

Last edited by notyoueither; May 22, 2002 at 02:41.