Local Date: November 1, 2010
Thanks, that helped.

What profit to gain the whole world?
Old May 28, 2002, 09:57   #32
Roluce
Settler

Local Time: 00:57
I noticed in medmod that the unit chart under the special tab shows that special units have terrain modifiers?!? For example, the zulu units have hill, and mountain terrain modifiers. What does that mean, and how was it accomplished? I have searched through all the files and don't see how you could benefit one unit on a given terrain. Is this slic? or just something in the game files that I am missing?

Old May 30, 2002, 07:16   #33
The Big Mc
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

If it's anything like my idea which sounds close to one I am working on. The zulu will be a better fighter or runner on these kind of tile.
Old May 30, 2002, 08:30   #34
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:57
Quote:
I noticed in medmod that the unit chart under the special tab shows that special units have terrain modifiers?!? For example, the zulu units have hill, and mountain terrain modifiers. What does that mean, and how was it accomplished? I have searched through all the files and don't see how you could benefit one unit on a given terrain. Is this slic? or just something in the game files that I am missing?
This is SLIC. If you look in the MM2_Wouter.slc file I think, it gives an explaination. Basically, the more of a certain type of terrain you have within the borders of your cities, the more likely you are to get that special unit. This is so that you dont end up getting the unique longbowman with no trees to make bows from etc. It makes it more realistic, rather than abitrarily assigning a special unit to each civ.
Old May 30, 2002, 08:58   #35
The Big Mc
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

so not what i am thinking then
Old June 2, 2002, 17:33   #36
Roluce
Settler

Ok, some new questions. Still thinking through my ideas for a scenario. I need to know if you can cause a building to use production like it does gold for maintanance. For example, subtract -10 from the cities production for each turn. I don't think I can use a percentage, like -0.10. If not, can this be done indirectly through a tile improvement. For example, the presence of a building causes a tile improvement to be built which adds -10 production.

Also can production be added to a city just like when you disband a unit. But in this case, slic adds a certain extra production value to a particular unit when disbanded in a city.

I think I know this answer, but let me ask anyway before I spend some time thinking it through. Can I force an ai city to produce what I want it to? And can I force certain units to perform exactly as I want. (Example, a certain city always produces subs, then the subs have a particular set of orders to follow i.e. move here, then here, then here, (attack when enemy present), return to base, do it again.) (Or, another example is supply units. Can I force these units to move towards friendly units that are low on supply, or just stay in a city if no units qualify.)

thanks for the help,
roluce

Old June 2, 2002, 18:25   #37
J Bytheway
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 01:57
Quote:
Originally posted by Roluce
I don't think I can use a percentage, like -0.10.
Do you mean you think that it's impossible to use a percentage, or that it's possible but you don't want to?

I think it's possible. It certainly was in CTP1 - I have several buildings which reduced production by a percentage in my Mars Mod, e.g. a Trade Union.
Old June 2, 2002, 21:42   #38
Roluce
Settler

Yes, I see the confusion. I realize that I could change it by a negative percentage, but that isn't what I want to do. I would like to deduct production of the city by a certain amount per turn.