Old May 21, 2002, 12:31   #1
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Local Time: 20:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Let the Nominations Begin!!
* -Jrabbit steps up to the podium, taps the Shure Voice-Powered Microphone *

Hello? Is this thing on?

(ahem) My fellow Citizens! The time for elections is nigh! I come to you again, hat in hand, to request your continued support for my third consecutive term as Historian of the Democracy Game.

In answer to my impatient critics , who seem to think that I treat this great office lightly, I offer this news: I have just offered a recent update of our civ to the great god MarkG, and pledge to continue this program of propagandistic recruitment if elected again.

Further, I pledge to deliver the full, smilie-filled history of our great culture, including the presidencies of Shaka Naldur (and his VP/successor, MBloomIII), shade, and cavebear by the end of my next term of office.

Finally, I promise to step down from this noble office after the June term, for I will be in abstentia for the month of July.

I humbly solicit your support, and will gladly discuss any history-related issues raised in this forum.

I love you ppl! Thank you for your support!

* -Jrabbit departs *

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old May 21, 2002, 12:35   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:04
I nominate MWIA for president! And I am considering running for science advisor!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 21, 2002, 12:44   #3
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Greetings, comrades!

Having been President , Vice-President, and Supreme Military Commander , I must say it has been a joy serving our great empire. However, there is a risk of elitism by running for another post. Therefor,

I humbly nominate myself for the post of citizen in the month of june.

I will continue to actively participate in our government, but limited time will prevent me from dedicating the proper energy to a ministerial post. Besides, la marquise would be very annoyed if I don't finish those remodeling projects...

(la marquise stumbles thru rubble to find le marquis civving...)

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old May 21, 2002, 12:57   #4
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

I fully endorse Le Marquis in his quest to become a Citizen!

Further, I propose that Mrs. Rabbit be enlisted to do a little shopping with La Marquise, thus ocupying enough time so that MdS can get in "just one more turn."

Old May 21, 2002, 14:06   #5
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

I hereby announce my intentions to run for reelection as Science Advisor for the month of June.
Old May 21, 2002, 19:09   #6
CannonFodder
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontMac
Prince

I nominate myself for the post of Imperial Expansion.
Old May 21, 2002, 20:24   #7
timmy2tone69
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I second civman2000 for science advisor
Old May 21, 2002, 21:00   #8
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

The more, the merrier, as they say. As we build up a core of experienced office-holders and new candidtates to challenge for the positions, the elections will become more interesting.

I have not decided what I am going to do yet...

President cavebear

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old May 21, 2002, 21:12   #9
cavebear
Emperor

IIRC, the VP arranges the actual elections. MR. VP, may I suggest next Monday as the day to post the election polls? With 3 days for voting, that will give the determination of the June Adminstration just before I play the final May session on Friday May 31st. So I would guess that the nominations would close Sunday 26th at a time you specify?

That way, the new Adminstration will be ready to go with the results and game files I post that evening, and I will know to whom to send them.

President cavebear

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Old May 21, 2002, 22:10   #10
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Support MWIA for prez (if he accepts the nomination, no postings from him yet...)!! He has been by far the most active and productive VP in the history of Apolytonia!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old May 22, 2002, 05:44   #11
shade
King

Local Time: 02:04
we'll I think I'll be citizen next month...(unless I want myself to get killed )
Apolytonia has been good to me.
2x Millitary advisor
1x President
and 1x Trade advisor
(almost personnaly responsible for all the wonders we have )

Shade
Old May 22, 2002, 09:48   #12
-Jrabbit
Deity

You've been a huge asset to the Democracy Game, Shade.! (But taking credit for our WOWs? Far as I can tell, you just happened to be driving the car when it happened. The PPL, acting in concert, acquired those WOWWs. (Well, except for the Lighthouse, which was a bit of a surprise under a previous administration...

Enjoy your rest.

Old May 22, 2002, 09:49   #13
-Jrabbit
Deity

Hey, all you so-called political parties -- Where are your candidates?????

Old May 22, 2002, 09:59   #14
shade
King

Quote:
Originally posted by -Jrabbit
You've been a huge asset to the Democracy Game, Shade.! (But taking credit for our WOWs? Far as I can tell, you just happened to be driving the car when it happened. The PPL, acting in concert, acquired those WOWWs. (Well, except for the Lighthouse, which was a bit of a surprise under a previous administration...

Enjoy your rest.
must be a side-effect of all those chill-pils you gave me.

Shade
Old May 22, 2002, 10:17   #15
CapitanGarlic
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 18:04
I second Ixnay for Dr. Science again...
Old May 22, 2002, 11:05   #16
civman2000
Emperor

MWIA is the official AAAC presidential candidate if he accepts...i would recommend that he run for something else too so he can stay in the game if he loses...where has he been

Old May 22, 2002, 16:08   #17
cavebear
Emperor

Having been President for these few weeks, and having learned much on the job, I have decided to seek re-election as your President.

The Egyptian Campaign is in progress, and I very much desire to see that effort to its successful conclusion. It will represent my part in the history of Apolytonia, and I will not seek re-election after the next term (campaign completed or not).

Comrades, allow me to complete the task we have started! We have a plan of attack to take Heliopolis, and the rest of the crumbling Egyptian Empire will fall into our hands as we sweep through the land with our Crusaders and expand our own glorious civilization. With the Egyptian Campaign complete, we will be well on our way to control of the known world!

Old May 22, 2002, 17:13   #18
shade
King

that would be nice...at least one of the 2 important ppl in this battle stay(MdS leaves).
You have my vote
(and if neccesary probably also a little help of MdS's freelance assassins.)

Shade
Old May 22, 2002, 18:34   #19
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 03:04
Dear fellow citizens,

Having wondered into the great Apolytonian nation not long ago and comming from the realms of MP I would like to offer my services as Millitary advisor.

Having wondered through countless foreign lands and fought in many a battle, I've gained a lot of knowledge about different nations and their tactics.

It is through this I think I can make a positive contribution to our glorious Soviet republic and I'm looking forward in building our great army's even bigger so we can incorperate the rest of these so called 'nations' (witch are no more then capitalist dictatorships where our brothers are being oppressed by big company's ) and form a planetwide 'Soviet Union'
Old May 22, 2002, 18:37   #20
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 11:04
I nominate myself as foreign minister.

Vote hydey in he has the embassies on the board.

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old May 23, 2002, 02:22   #21
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:04
This is looking really good....

Thanks for the nomination there civman. I still have some time to decide on what I'm going to do. And I think science advisor might suit you well!

Welcome atawa, but be prepared - we are currently at war, so Supreme Military Commander may require an effort almost as great as the Prez... If you are that keen I wish you luck.

A quick summary of the nominations so far, for all those (I have been one ) too lazy to do anything like looking at all the posts here. I will update this as often as I can. Remember, unopposed elections are undemocratic (and uncommunist ), so if you see a position with only one person nominated, go for it! Vote-grubbing is FUN ( I mean it LOOKS fun - I'd never EVER do it though ), even if you don't get in.

And I will take the Prez's suggestions re: nomination closing and voting times. I will do my best to synchronize with the odd times that are on the other side of the world.

Nominations:

President

cavebear (incumbent)

Historian

-Jrabbit (incumbent)

Science Minister

ixnay37 (incumbent)
civman2000 -

Imperial Expansion Minister

CannonFodder (incumbent)

Supreme Military Commander

atawa
MrWhereItsAt

Foreign Minister

Hydey

Trade Advisor

timmy2tone69

None yet for:

City Planner

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; May 25, 2002 at 08:41.
Old May 23, 2002, 08:06   #22
-Jrabbit
Deity

C'mon ppl -- Join the High Council !!

Benfits include:
-- oppty to subtly influence untold millions through clever polls
-- weekly debauchery at official High Council dinner-meetings
-- early choice of booty from sacked cities
-- your name in the History books.

It's easy and fun!
High Council =

Old May 23, 2002, 11:23   #23
civman2000
Emperor

yes i accept...if i win i'll just have to get civ2 out again, havent played it since i got civ3

Old May 23, 2002, 15:48   #24
cavebear
Emperor

We need some additional candidates. There are none yet for Minister of Trade or Minister of City-Planning. These are vital positions in the management of our civ!

Old May 23, 2002, 17:04   #25
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Welcome atawa, but be prepared - we are currently at war, so Supreme Military Commander may require an effort almost as great as the Prez... If you are that keen I wish you luck.
Let the sloughter of the egyptian scum begin

Quote:
Remember, unopposed elections are undemocratic and uncommunist )
Old May 23, 2002, 18:26   #26
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

We have seen the error of the ways of the Monarchists, thus our glorious Kingdom is now the Peoples' Republic (Communist government) of Apolyton.

Y'see?

Old May 23, 2002, 19:03   #27
cavebear
Emperor

Yes, Communist elections should have opposed candidates, though the enlightened Workers should all clearly recognize the appropriate and proper Leader and the results therefore be (almost) unanimous!

Old May 24, 2002, 14:05   #28
atawa
King

Hey, no argument here, but I think the last time there was someone stupid enough to make himself an opposition candidate in a china they had him shot
Old May 24, 2002, 15:24   #29
cavebear
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by atawa
Hey, no argument here, but I think the last time there was someone stupid enough to make himself an opposition candidate in a china they had him shot
That is because he was imperfectly enlightened and so he was the "wrong" candidate. Had he been the "right" candidate, the Workers (through the Government) would have recognized that and he would not have been shot.

See?

Old May 25, 2002, 08:18   #30
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

I hereby respectfully decline my nomination as Prez....

I feel cavebear is too important to not be our fearless leader during this time of WAR

However, in an attempt to aid the spread of Communism, I nominate myself for the next SUPREME MILITARY COMMANDER.

Hasta la vista, Egypt.