Old May 22, 2002, 19:23   #1
grapedog
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Simple Question Part 2...
Again, at work, away from my manual and searching turned up nothing. Which is a more potent source of culture, a Forbidden Palace or your real palace? I have been debating whether or not build a FPalace right near my main palace and have a city closer to my front line take the palace on. I figure by the time it's completed I will be well pas the point where it's in danger of a direct attack and it should strengthen any cities I do not raze.

Is the forbidden palace basically an exact knock-off of the actual palace or does it provide different stats?

edit/add: Can you run resources to a Forbidden Palace as you can with a normal palace?
Old May 22, 2002, 19:25   #2
zulu9812
King

Local Time: 01:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Forbidden Palace is an exact knock-off of the normal palace, so there's not really any point to building them next to each other
I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up
Old May 22, 2002, 19:39   #3
grapedog
Chieftain

Well, I was planning on building one close to my original palace so I could then move the palace to near the front lines so it help ease corruption all around, I was just curious if one had more effect than the other. If the normal palace had more sway I could put that towards the front for the extra sway, but if they are the same, then it doesn't matter and my palace comes to no risk at all...
Old May 22, 2002, 21:25   #4
WarpStorm
King

For corruption and conversion purposes they are more or less equivalent. For trade route purposes your real palace is the one that counts. I usually build my FP in the center of my core production cities and move the palace to my ever expanding front. The FP can't be moved but your palace can. There is no real loss to losing your palace (unlike previous Civ games).
Old May 22, 2002, 21:50   #5
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 18:09
The only hassle with building your FP where you don't NEED it is that construction costs for the Palace & FP go up as your number of cities goes up. "How much" would be an interesting project to research, but I would wager that it is based on your 'Optimal Number of Cities' setting (Editor: World Sizes tab).

JB
I play BtS (3.19) -- Noble or Prince, Rome, marathon speed, huge hemispheres (2 of them), aggressive AI, no tech brokering. I enjoy the Hephmod Beyond mod. For all non-civ computer uses, including internet, I use a Mac.
Old May 23, 2002, 08:12   #6
Nym
Prince

Local Time: 02:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by WarpStorm
There is no real loss to losing your palace (unlike previous Civ games).
Do you keep the accumulated culture too? And the cultural bonus if build more than a millenium ago?
Old May 23, 2002, 09:06   #7
bigvic
Prince

Yeah, even if you plan to move your real palace, don't place your FP too close to your real palace. When I find myself w/ a sprawling empire and a capital right in the middle, and no desire to expand much further, I will, when able to, pick two cities on either end of the empire to be capitals, one w/ the rp, the other w/ the fp, try to time the two completion dates to as close to the same as possible. worth it in the long run.

Yep, plenty of $h1t not found in any reference source. Hint: for a look behind the curtain, go to explorer-C-program files-infogrames-civIII-scenarios and play w/ the editor. Don't worry, save whatever you change as something else, or not at all, but I think many of your questions can be answered there (and perhaps just as many new ones will make themselves apparant so you can post them on here for your apolyton buddies to help w/).

i like ibble blibble