Old May 24, 2002, 14:22   #1
shammy
Chieftain

Local Time: 01:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
interception of air missions..
How does the game check the intercept ratio ? At default its 50% for non stealth aircraft..

Does it work like.. every defending aircraft gets that 50% chance.. so more defending aircrafts -> better chance of intercepting enemy air missions..
or is this rolled only once for the attacking aircraft? ie. Bomber has 50% chance of being intercepted.. no matter how many defending aircraft there are?

and another thing still about aircarft ranges.. is it totally impossible to increase the max range of aircraft by editing the bic? i have tried to tweak the ranges a lot but always when i increase it over 8, the game crashes when the AI tries to use the aircraft or i bomb a enemy city.. bombing of roads etc works fine tho for extremy long ranges..
Old May 24, 2002, 14:41   #2
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 18:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I believe (but don't want to hunt for the old thread ) that someone did an experiment by stacking 15+ jet fighters all in one city, all set to AS. The results very strongly suggested that only one jet aircraft gets its 50% chance at each bomber, but that therefore the combined force of jets will get the 50% chance at up to 15+ bombers. (i.e., one would expect a startingly high kill rate on the first bomber each turn if each of 15+ jets had a 50% chance to intercept that first bomber, and this didn't happen in the experiment).

Can't increase range over 8 in current editor. Could change with next patch? Don't know.

Catt
Old May 24, 2002, 16:52   #3
spy14
Prince

Each fighter can only intercept one bomber in any given turn, so if some one lines up a stack of bombers against you you'll need a stack of fighters to defend effectively. And a couple of nukes
Old May 24, 2002, 17:43   #4
zulu9812
King

Re: interception of air missions..
Quote:
Originally posted by shammy
Does it work like.. every defending aircraft gets that 50% chance.. so more defending aircrafts -> better chance of intercepting enemy air missions..
or is this rolled only once for the attacking aircraft? ie. Bomber has 50% chance of being intercepted.. no matter how many defending aircraft there are?

and another thing still about aircarft ranges.. is it totally impossible to increase the max range of aircraft by editing the bic? i have tried to tweak the ranges a lot but always when i increase it over 8, the game crashes when the AI tries to use the aircraft or i bomb a enemy city.. bombing of roads etc works fine tho for extremy long ranges..
1. Presumabley, the chance of interception revertd to 50% each time, so if you intercept six times, they might all fail, even though you would expect three to succeed.

2. Yeah, aircraft range still hasn't been sorted. It's the same for airdrops too, which is why paratroopers are rubbish...
I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up