Old May 15, 2001, 22:05   #1
Diablo, Bro. of Mephisto
Prince

Local Time: 01:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I have got a REDICULOUS question, but I need to know the answer
I have probably the most rediculous question concering civ2. I want to play online with other people, but every time i give my IP address, it rejects me, I either cant join, or whatever. I just cant play. And when I create a new game for others to join, no one joins!

Am I either doing something wrong, or is my computer screwed up? I can connect to the internet just fine, but its connecting to civ2 online that i cant do.

I am dying to play with other people online, but i cant!!! The AI is just down right getting stupid, and boring.

Anyone got any clues for me?

please help me ASAP. thanks.
Old May 16, 2001, 18:47   #2
Diablo, Bro. of Mephisto
Prince

Local Time: 01:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
*Bump
Old May 16, 2001, 19:17   #3
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:02
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Let's see Diablo,

What type of modem/cable/DSL do you use? Do you deal with a firewall or any type of router?

If you are joining a multiplayer game then you will be asked for the HOST's IP Address. Of course, if you're hosting, then you place in your IP Address. A word of advice though, I know that an IP Address will show up on the hosts setup screen - DON'T trust this as being your ACTUAL IP Address. Prior to playing the game, and after you log on to your internet service, open a MS-DOS window and type ipconfig

This will being up your current IP Address configuration. Look here for your current IP Address (and write it down). Close the MS-DOS window and start the game. When asked for the IP Address, type in the IP Address found while in the MS-DOS window - NOTE this is ONLY if you are the Host.
If you are joining, then you need to know the Host's IP address prior to launching the game.

I hope this helps.

- Wittlich

------------------
After all is said and done, usually more is said than done.