Old May 26, 2002, 07:42   #31
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 21:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
"Mr. Washington, we have reicieved a message from the United Lunar Staes denying our request for an alliance in space reaserch."

"WHAT!? How dare they deny our requests. We are America!" bellowed Washington

"But sir, what they state is true, they are more advanced then in terms of space ships and reaserch in space."

"That is no reason to deny the mighty Americans, please send an envoy to them syaing they have one last chance to accept our offer........"
Old May 26, 2002, 08:43   #32
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:15
"Your Highness, the Lunar envoy as well as the Prince of Madler."

"Let the envoy in first."

A rather large man entered. "What do you wish of the FLS, your Highness?"

"We must stop the evil Italians and Australians from colonizing our great moons! THis violates our policy, now officially called the Martian Way, of opposing any further colonization of Mars. The moons are part of Mars."

"Your Highness, what do you wish us to do then."

"COnvey our ultimatum to the so-called 'Austro-Italic Alliance': Withdraw from the moons within 4 months or feel the wrath of the Empire, and hopefully also, the FLS."

"I see."

"I would also like to inform you that we have created a small airforce with your help and are even wprking on a tiny space navy. That is all, sir."

He bowed and left. "Bring in the prince!"

WHat looked like a six-year-old boy entered.

"I, um, uh, your Majesty, come from the great, er, uh, state of Madler," he said in a lisped voice.

"I have some questions for you." She had not planned an interrogation, but she had to find out who was really controlling Madler. "Do you rule Madler? I mean, do you make decisions about Madler?"

"Um, sort of, your Majesty. The Father comes to me and helps me. He tells me about all sorts of things, and says what the best option is."

"The Father? Do you know his name?"

"It's really weird, it sounds Russian."

The next day, the Lunar envoy was informed of this and the Imperial Army and Airforce invaded Madler. They have almost completely obliterated the Madler forces and will have conquered it very soon.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 26, 2002, 15:36   #33
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 01:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I offer To mars a MPP, The Extra-Terrestrial Pact. I plan to begin sending my fighter and bombing spacecraft to orbit your planet in the event of a conflict.

To America:
Are you INSANE! My nation has recently declared it's independence from yours, we could bomb your cities from the safety of orbit and don't get me started on the HAVOK i could wreak with my IPBM's! Our generals KNOW how to fight in space and between my Martian allies and myself your Mars Colonies would be destroyed. No we once again refuse you help and DEMAND that you stop threatening us!

The Engine hummed, It shook the rooms around it so loud was it, it was the embodiment of power, supplying all the energy to run a Space station full of lasers and rockets, not counting the life support lighting and engines. Weapons testing was proceeding nicely, the Lunar navy would be ready for anything.
Old May 26, 2002, 16:13   #34
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 02:15
"Marshall Mussolini, our ambassador from Mars, would like to speak with you your highness" say Raffaello, the domestic advisor.

"Yeah, I'm listening"

"Emperor Giovanni Del Vino, the Martians are not happy that we are colonizing Phobos, and declared that that may be considered an act of war against the Martian nation, plus the Martian just signed an MPP with the Moon"

"I see, Marshall, prepare a meeting between Italy, Australia, Moon and Mars, I don't want to start a space war, but I still want to colonize Phobos, maybe we can rach an agreement if we all sit together and talk like civil person"

"It will be done sire"

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old May 26, 2002, 17:38   #35
SKILORD
King

The Conference can be held in New Washington. I have a very nice meeting room in which to conduct talks on the MArs Moon situation.
Old May 26, 2002, 19:22   #36
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 21:15
ooc: do i have space colonies or are they silklords?
Old May 26, 2002, 19:43   #37
Cinna
Warlord

Local Time: 20:15
Fine, Australia will grace the meeting with its presence.
The Australian prime minister C.I. Willks III has issued a formal statement:

"I Prime Minister of Australia, New Zealand, PNG, and the Australian protectorates am outraged that the Martian Empire has issued an ultimatum to leave a land in which they have no formal control over. Powerful Australia will not be intimidated by threats from a weak nation miles and miles away. I will attend the meeting in New Washington to protect and preserve Austra-Italian interests, including the colonization of PHOBOS."

with that the PM stepped on to an Italian Starcruiser and prepared for lift off.
Old May 26, 2002, 22:58   #38
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

The Empress's ambassador, her earth-born nephew ER, has reiterated that any new colonization of Mars or any of His (hey he is the war god ) satellites is an act of war against the Empire and the entire ETP. This does not mean that Earthling settlement on Mars that already exist are violations, only new settlements.

Madler has been conquered by the Imperial Territories and Phlegra. The marriage of MI's cousin AR and the son of the prince of Chryse unites the two states. The Martian Empire is nearing complete unification!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old May 26, 2002, 23:05   #39
civman2000
Emperor

map (sorry it's a bit rough, the big fat lines are the border between the Imperial Territory and Chryse)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	snesa2mars.gif
Views:	85
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	16270  

Old May 27, 2002, 01:13   #40
SKILORD
King

issue a martian Monroe doctrine!
Old May 27, 2002, 04:58   #41
Giovanni Wine
King

At last also the Italian Foreign Minister, Giulio Cesare, together with his wife reached the meeting in New Washington

"I speak for Emperor Giovanni Del Vino and all the Italian People, as you well know earth is a very crowded planet and the human race will not be able to suvive for long in those condition, Phobos has conditions similar to Earth, and with our technology, and the help of Australia we will be able to reach it and colonize it.
You now decided that Phobos is part of Mars, but why is that? Is Moon part of Earth? I don't think so, and I'm sure that the Lunar States' amabassador will confirme it to you....
Now.... here is the deal, you let Italy and Australia coloize Phobos, and we will help the Martian reunification and we will try our best to help the Martian to get rid of those colonies in you main planet, I think this is very generous from us"

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old May 27, 2002, 09:39   #42
civman2000
Emperor

1. I did create a "martian Monroe doctrine" awhile ago called the Martian Way.
2. THe problems with your argument are:
-There is no one nation that dominates earth
-If, say, Jupiterean natives colonized Earth's moon, would that not be considered an attack on earth?

We are willing to make a similar deal that we made with the FLS: you may exert economic influence over the moons, but not colonize them.

A small but heavily armed spaceship is headed for Phobos right now. THeir goal is not to attack but to negotiate.

Old May 27, 2002, 12:13   #43
Cinna
Warlord

The newly created port on Phobos "New Sydney" is ready receive a Martian ship for talks. Australian colonists who are on their way to Phobos have no intention on turning back and their government supports them.

Australia reminds Mars that no one nation governs Mars either.
Old May 27, 2002, 13:56   #44
civman2000
Emperor

I did not day "governs", I said dominates. The Empress has sent out a settling expedition to geographically unite the two parts of the Empire.

Old May 27, 2002, 17:16   #45
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
I cannot join this NES as the Nations of Poland and Denmarck are in no way independent, good day.
Old May 27, 2002, 20:15   #46
Giovanni Wine
King

***NEW WASHINGTON - UNITED LUNAR STATES - MEETING ROOM***

Giulio Cesare to the Martian Ambassador:
"So, you prefere other nation to come and colonize your mother planet, and you do not allow us to colonize your moon, even after we told you that we would help you getting rid of those colonies in Mars?... That makes no sense.... anyway, let's make it clear... what do you want for Phobos?"

***ROMA - NEW ITALIAN EMPIRE***
Emperor Giovanni Del Vino was looking out the window, remembering when the Civil War erupted, when he was a young soldier fighting for the restauration of the Monarchy, he would have never imagined that one day Pope Pius XXX would have appointed him as Emperor of the New Italian Empire.

"Sire" said Raffaello "Giulio Cesare sent a comunication for you highness, declaring that the Martian are harder than he thought, but that maybe helping them get rid of those colonies in Mars they would allow us to take Phobos"

"Uhmm, that's a pretty high price don't you think, if we help them doing that, we might end at war with the Pact of Freedom and our European Allies, we will never be able to substain such an effort"

"well, people often refer to your highness as a master in diplomacy, I'm sure we will be able to avoid any war, afterall we got many territories on the Balkans, without even have to start a fight"

"I know, but the world is changing, before people wanted colonies in America, then these colinies fought back and create new powerful countries, so we colonized Africa, and as a result now we have a strong and unified Africa, now we are looking at the space, how long do you think it will take for our space colonies to create new countries, totally undependent from their mother country?"

"I don't know sire... but we need a colony in Phobos"

"Ummmpf, tell the ISA (Italian Space Agency) that we need more spacecraft and to train more pilots... I don't want a space war, but if we need one... we better get ready"

In short
Italy start producing more Spacecraft, so that tomorrow our space fleet will be around Medium
Mars: read the first paragraph

Saluti

P.S. this NES is going to be really good
Old May 27, 2002, 22:40   #47
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

I'd like to be Germany.

Jonny Elected President of Germany in A Landslide Election!

To the leaders of Italy and Australia
We accept the inclusion of Australia into the new Austro-European pact, and we are glad to be part of such a grand alliance.

We are also willing to let Australia and Italy use some of our spaceships for the colonization of Phobos if we get some of the land on Phobos.
Old May 28, 2002, 01:21   #48
Giovanni Wine
King

Letter from Giovanni del Vino to Jonny

"Ave Jonny.
Greetings from Giovanni del Vino, Emperor of the New Italian Empire, I' m willing to share part of my will-be colonies in Phobos, but you must help us convince Martian to give up their rights to their moon, or there will be hardly any colony, without war

Fare well
Emperor Giovanni Del Vino"

Saluti
Old May 28, 2002, 11:29   #49
civman2000
Emperor

The Ambassador replied: "We do not allow any further colonization. Much of Mars was already colonized when the Empire was created. Any further colonization of Mars or his moons, which by the way are very small and closely orbit him and can thus considered part of him, is considered a violation of the Martian Way, but existing colonise are not."

"Your Highness, we have horrible news."

"What? Hurry up, I have to go to New Washington in a few minutes."

"Phlegra has sent their own emissaries to Italy and Australia, offering to help them defeat us and colonize the moons."

"That traitor! I thought he'd know better after Madler was crushed! Deploy the army to Phlegra, and ask for Kuiper to help."

She stepped onto the MIS Schiaperelli, the largest of the 7 ships in the Martian space navy.

Two months later, she arrived in New Washington and had top-secret meetings with President Jupiter.

She proposes working on a completely defensive nuclear program called IPBM: Interplanetary Ballistic Missiles. Because all that the the Earthlings have to lose by nuke is their colonies, we need an interplanetary nuke system to deter them.

As she left, she received a report of the successful conquest of Phlegra, and that Kuiper had decided to join the Empire.

In sum:
1. MI proposes making IPBMs
2. Ambassador replies to Italy
3. The Empire is united now!

Old May 28, 2002, 19:40   #50
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Letter to MI, leader of Martian Empire

Greetings from the new President of the New German Empire, President Jonny.

You saying that any further colonization of the Martian Moons is not allowed... that amuses me. After all, you don't really have any control or presence on the Martian moons. How can you exert control over regions where you have no presence? You can't. Therefore, I urge you to allow continued colonization of the Martian moons by the members of the Austro-European pact. In exchange for this, we would promise not to colonize any more of Mars. (well, at least Germany would promise this, and my allies would probably agree as well.)

I wish for our nations to thrive in peace forever, but you would seem to be making that more difficult than it really is.

Sincerely,
Jonny
President of Germany
Old May 28, 2002, 19:53   #51
Jonny

Other Happenings in the German Empire

Our army is glorious; however, our navy is weak and humiliating.
I, Jonny, plan to change this. A massive navy upgrade, refitting, and reform, as well as building new ships, will take place, to increase Germany's prominence on the Earth's seas.

Also, in this era of interplanetary colonization, the opprotunity for another German Empire has risen. Unlike the German Empires of times past, this new one shall expand through peace, not war. Through the colonization of new lands, our empire shall expand into a grand, large empire that shall last a thousand years. NOW IS THE TIME TO BEGIN BUILDING OUR NEW EMPIRE!!! We shall begin settling new lands at a much faster pace than we have been in the past, expanding our territory to lands beyond. I hereby declare the formation of the Fourth Reich.
LONG LIVE THE FOURTH REICH!!!

In A Nutshell
1. Naval strength will increase to Medium by tomorrow.
2. Creation of Fourth Reich (New name for German Empire.)
Old May 28, 2002, 20:57   #52
civman2000
Emperor

Your "proposal" is worthless. We have been stopping Earthlings from further colonization the entire time.

And what makes you think we have no influence over them? Every year, a few more ships join our space navy...

Old May 28, 2002, 21:04   #53
Cinna
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
Your "proposal" is worthless. We have been stopping Earthlings from further colonization the entire time.

And what makes you think we have no influence over them? Every year, a few more ships join our space navy...
Australia is sick of talking in circles. We are staying on Phobos, our entire space navy, and some Italian ships are stationed outside of New Sydney . We are not leaving, despire your shallow threats. So do what you must and so shall we.

Have a nice day
Old May 28, 2002, 21:25   #54
civman2000
Emperor

The Empire has created an orbiting spaceport above Marsopolis, and is working on 3 others in other locations. There are now 12 small but heavily armed ships in the Imperial Navy.

Message from Her Highness Empress of Mars MI to Austro-Italian Allinace:
This is your last chance to withdraw. My friend Jupiter and his Free Lunar States have by far the strongest Navy in the Solar System, and is not afraid to use it. I also warn you of a nuclear program we are developing that can travel between planets called the Interplanetary Ballistic Missile.

You have 2 weeks. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Message from Her Highness Empress of Mars MI to President Jupiter of the Free Lunar States:
Quote:
This is your last chance to withdraw. My friend Jupiter and his Free Lunar States have by far the strongest Navy in the Solar System, and is not afraid to use it. I also warn you of a nuclear program we are developing that can travel between planets called the Interplanetary Ballistic Missile.

You have 2 weeks. Don't say I didn't warn you.
This message was just sent to our friends on Earth. I propose trying to get supporters on Earth to oppose the Austro-Italian Scum.

Old May 28, 2002, 21:38   #55
civman2000
Emperor

Message from Her Highness Empress of Mars MI to President Washington of the United States of America, Premier Vladmir Putin of Russia, Emperor Johnny of the German Empire, the unnamed president of France, and the unnamed Prime Minister of the United Kingdom:
In exchange for a defensive alliance against Austro-Italian colonization of the Martian moons, we offer to secure your colonies on Mars and pledge to not attack them ever. We will also be willing to senc our support to you in any wars you may have, and if President Jupiter is willing you will also have the huge navy of the Free Lunar States on your side.

Old May 28, 2002, 21:45   #56
Jonny

A message to MI, empress of Mars

As part of the Austro-European Alliance, I cannot join you and fight against my allies, and I am sure the other civilized, intelligent people of Earth will not join you.

An Adress to the Leaders of the Civilized People of Earth

Greetings from Jonny, Great Leader of the Democratic Fourth Reich. We ask you for your support against the Martians and their allies, the Free Lunar States, should they attack us (The Austro-European Alliance). They pose a possible threat to all of mankind. We recently got this message from MI, Empress of Mars:

"This is your last chance to withdraw. My friend Jupiter and his Free Lunar States have by far the strongest Navy in the Solar System, and is not afraid to use it. I also warn you of a nuclear program we are developing that can travel between planets called the Interplanetary Ballistic Missile."

They are threatening not only to attack our colonies but also threatening to use nuclear missiles. This is a very serious situation. If they attack and conquer the colonies of the Austro-European Alliance, your colonies could be next!! And if they conquer those as well, they could attack the Earth, and hundreds of millions of innocent lives, the lives of YOUR PEOPLE, could be lost.

DO NOT ALLY YOURSELF with the arrogant, evil MARTIAN lizards or the rebels of the FREE LUNAR STATES!!! Ally yourself with us, the Austro-European Alliance! Protect Earth against the extra-terestrial threat!
Old May 28, 2002, 21:58   #57
Jonny

A REPORT on the LOCATION of the ARMED FORCES of the GERMAN DEMOCRATIC FOURTH REICH

On Earth:
40% of Army
40% of Air Force
40% of Space Navy
100% of Ocean Navy (duh!)

On Moon:
25% Army
30% Air Force
25% Space Navy

On Mars:
25% Army
30% Air Force
25% Space Navy

On Phobos:
10% Army
10% Space Navy
As well as the Italian and Australian Armed Forces

Nukes:
Classified on exact amounts, but some are:
On/Above Earth
On/Above Moon
On/Above Mars
Old May 28, 2002, 22:16   #58
civman2000
Emperor

Our nukes are only as deterrents, but deterrents are useless if never enforced. We hope it does not come to that and it will be a hard decision, but one we cannot back out of.

On a brighter side, the Empress has reconsidered in-depth negotiation with all nations claiming the moons. We are considering offering almost anything other than our Martian territory in exchange for you staying out of them.

The Martian navy has begun testing SRVBMs-Short Range Vacuum Ballistic Missiles. These are not meant to be used on civilians, but rather as weapons in space combat. Because historically there has been so little space combat, most nations have conventional missiles on their ships, but we believe nuclear missiles may be more useful as a weapon.

PS: No details about the design will be given in any form. That was just to reassure you that they are solely meant for military space operations, where radiation cannot damage the land.

Old May 28, 2002, 22:33   #59
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Arrising
OOC: Alright, never done one of these things before so give me a little bit of leeway on things. Making the leader and stuff up, gonna post more once I review everything thats happened and decide just what and how I want to do stuff.
----------------------

*New Prime Minister Elected* Former Naval Admiral William the II, is elected in a landslide for the United Kingdom. Won by proposing a "new age of colonization", and a "return the golden age" of our great empire.

------
In short, i'm taking UK if no one else has it yet.
Old May 28, 2002, 22:40   #60
civman2000
Emperor

Here's a bit of newbie advice:
1. Always side with the Martians, they're ggod luck.
2. The Free Lunar States are ultra-powerful and you should not dare to be their enemy.
3. In sum, Join the ETP and be a winner!