Old May 30, 2002, 15:10   #91
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 20:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
To Empress MI of the Martians

We accept the nogagression pact proposed by you.

By the way, in what form would you like your rent for our economic interests in Phobos?
Old May 30, 2002, 15:12   #92
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:15
preferably cash, but luxuries/resources (especially oil it's pretty rare on a planet that does not have long history of supporting life!) would be accepted too.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 30, 2002, 15:14   #93
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

We will give you some of each, OK?
Old May 30, 2002, 15:16   #94
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

The Empress gladly accepts.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old May 30, 2002, 15:43   #95
Jonny

THE MUNICH REPORTER
The German Paper of Politics

Ambassadors from the African League and the New Incan Empire have reported seeing many German ships heading south, then back to Germany a few weeks later. They wanted to know why.

The German ambassadors to those nations have told them that the ships were on entirely peaceful missions, but they wanted a more complete answer. So, President Jonny of the GDFR has been forced to explain all, which he did yesterday.

"Several years ago, I said that the GDFR would begin a policy of rapid expansion and colonization. This has been going on, in secret, on Antarctica.

The same technologies that have allowed us to colonize other worlds allows us to survive in the freezing cold of Antarctica, allowing us to get the valuable mineral resources under the ice, and to have more land for our exploding population.

For many years, Germany has had 9 research bases on Antarctica. They have now become bases for colonization. The area around the bases has already been colonized. The land between the bases we claim in our name, but have not been colonized yet. There is land we don't claim in our name on Antarctica, and it is still available for colonization by other nations. And, of course, we don't claim or colonize the ice sheets of Antarctica; you never know when they might break away!"

Author's Note: A map of Antarctica is attached.

Article written by Klaus, Munich Reporter staff writer.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	antarctica.gif
Views:	65
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	16498  
Old May 30, 2002, 16:15   #96
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Internal

The Admiral sat in his office, looking over the various diplomatic reports, the Lord General sitting across from him.

"Hmm, General, these Martians are quite bold, do you think in event of a war they would win?"

The General pondered it a moment, thinking to himself.

"Well, they've got a large enough army, even with it being outdated to probably take any one colony out. But, they've got a pitiful space force, so it'd only be a matter of time before they lost what they took over."

"Interesting, what shall we do when they get a large enough space force and well equipped troops?"

"Simple Admiral, we don't let them get that far."

He chuckled as an aide brought in a few more reports, setting them on his desk. After the aide had left, he picked them up, scanning over the first one.

"Hmm, seems our Martian friends are backing away from war afterall, they've made a public apology of sorts."

Handing the report to the General he begain reading the next one, while the General examined it.

"Hmmph, I hope they aren't cowards, won't work out well then..."

The Admiral growled to himself as he read the report, then read it outloud to the General.

"The cursed lizards have just landed a force on Deimos, seeking to claim, despite the fact that our ships are orbitting it, and people already on it. And if that isn't enough, someones spreading Martian propaganda in our colonies."

He turned to the General, anger showing on his face.

"Have you boys find out whos spreading this, and have them visiting the moons mines, then have our scientist issue a warning of a possible virus, and that all alien visitors are to be quaratined away from the colonists, and all other aliens are forbidden entry."

The General blinked a moment, then said.

"And about Deimos?"

"Let me handle that, but have the space fleet orbitting Mars ready."

The General stood up then, nodding to the Admiral as he gathered his things and left.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Empress M1 of the Martian Empire,

We have been monitoring the events unfolding on Phobos, and had decided to stay out of it, since we held no interests there. I thought surely you knew your forces too pitiful to fight a war anyway, but perhaps I was wrong. The UK has payed you in full for Deimos, now you are landing troops there and trying to claim it for youself. I warn you Empress, an invasion of an Earth nations colony could be interpreted as a precursor to Earth in the Gaiain pact, I would hate to have to go to war over Deimos, but the Act must be followed for it to have any value in protecting Earth.

I will announce this shortly after I dispatch your letter, giving Austrailia my support in its own matter. UK will not be beholden to another Empire, we will not pay taxes for our moon, we have payed in full already as i've said. I will give you 2 months(4 hours irl?) to remove all troops from Deimos. After that time, I will submit a vote to the parliment to see wether this does indeed count as an invasion in our laws, and if it is subject to the Gaian act. Also it seems some sort of odd virus has been discovered, and Martians are no longered allowed in UK colonys till we can find a cure or be sure it is no threat, i'm sure you understand.

-Prime Minister- William the II, Former Naval Admiral
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Italy and Australia,

In light of the recent Martian movements, I will support Australia in the event of an attack, because I believe with a bit of wrangling, it will fall under the Gaian Act. They are at present, threatening to or have invaded colonys of Earth nations. While I want this to be resolved peacefuly, I will not be intimidated by oversized lizards either.

General Annoucements

Development of the CAM proceeding on schedule. Estimated time left: 2 years for a protype, 1 or 2 years after that for refinement.

Colonization force landed at Deimos, shortly before Martian ships. Beginning construction of temporary defenses and habitats. Estimated time of completion for space dock, 4-8 years.

Drafting continues among the colonys, good signing bonuses and a chance to leave the confines of dome habitats luring more young men and women to it.

Summary-
Diplomatic messages sent to the Martian Empire, Italy, and Australia.
Army size to increase to 3/4ths of the way towards Medium.
CAM research time:4 years
Space Dock construction time: 8 years
Old May 30, 2002, 16:54   #97
civman2000
Emperor

1. The gaian act only protects against attacks on earth itself.
2. the colonists were not armed, they were only to officially claim it as imperial territory. You did not buy the land, you bought to the right to use it for economic purposes (iirc). We will not interfere with this and have our colonists there ONLY to make sure the moon operates under Imperial jurisdiction, but otherwise the empire will stay off of it.
3. our blockade does not stop ships from coming, it just inspects them beforehand.
4. with Lunar help, our armies are almost entirely modern and are NOT backwards anymore.
5. The Martians are humans, not lizards!

Old May 30, 2002, 17:58   #98
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

To Empress M1 of the Martians,

As I have said, it could be interpreted as a precursor to an invasion of Earth. You had no claim to that moon before we humans came and gave you the technology to reach them, thus the UK has claimed it. We also were generous enough to pay you a sum for the moon, despite the fact that we had no need to. Any colonists left on the moon after the 2 months will be forcibly removed, any resistance is the fault of your own colonists, who should not be there. No Martians are allowed to board or inspect UK ships, you have no right or jurisdiction. And even with Lunar help, you are severely outclassed, Martian.

OOC: 5, uh, I never said lizards to you, only the other guys so you wouldn't have heard it and read the starting post.
Quote:
Mars colonization has begun, only to find it already inhabited by martians small lizardlike fellows, not very advanced actually.
Thats why you had no airforce/navy/space force to begin with, your an alien race pal.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old May 30, 2002, 18:01   #99
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 01:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
ULS is beginning colinization of Jupiter finally with a base called "The Falcon's Perch" it is only visible from space, or hell a foot away, using electronic equipment. A number of Preciouse minerals have been found on the planet.

Asteroid mining is going well.

The ULS Space Station, Achilles 1, has been completed.
Old May 30, 2002, 18:14   #100
SKILORD
King

To Germany:
We accept the NAP
Old May 30, 2002, 18:20   #101
Cinna
Warlord

Australia is glad that the Free Mars Empress is a spineless wimp. What little respect Australia did have for Free Mars went down with that pusillanimous appeasement speech.

Australia does not want Free Mars to "inspect" her or her allies ships unless Free Mars outlines what exactly "Inspecting" is.

Australia will support ANY action taken by the UK against Free Mars.

Australia officially classifies Free Martians as lizards with less intelligence and bigger knees to grovel at Earth Nations.

Aus. wants Free Mars off of Deimos in one year.

Aus. wants NO land on Deimos (just a small airport will be fine) and NO land on or near the South pole.
Old May 30, 2002, 18:32   #102
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

The UK thanks Australia for its support. Also, we would like to state once more that we are converting al of Deimos into a space dock, the facilities of which will be available to all nations, as long as they be peaceful ones.
Old May 30, 2002, 18:33   #103
SKILORD
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Cinna
Australia officially classifies Free Martians as lizards with less intelligence and bigger knees to grovel at Earth Nations.
Maybe you do but the ULS doesn't and we have the milltary to back up that opinion.

Martians are sentinent beings as wel land therefore deserving of our respect!
Old May 30, 2002, 19:04   #104
Jonny

This bickering between Australia and the extra-terrestrial nations has gone on too long and has become annoying beyond reality. Therefore, it is clear that the GDFR must do what it has been reluctant to do in the past.

The GDFR hereby declares that it is leaving the Austro-Italian Alliance. France is leaving too, and joining us in the newly formed Franco-German Pact.
Old May 30, 2002, 19:17   #105
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 02:15
"Sire"

"What do you want Raffaello?"

"The Martians are still keeping their blockade around Phobos and Deimos, claiming it is an "Inspection" "

"That really anger me, The martians have no rights to inspect our ships, we payed them what they wanted to use that land, there was nothing about inspecting our ships!!!"

"I know"

"Call Mussolini, and tell him to refere to M1 that if Mars will not stop their blockade around Phobos and Deimos in two years (2 days irl), it will be WAR between our nations"

"But sire... isn't this a little drastic"

"I don't care, we had an agreement and the Martians are not respecting it, nobody will make Emperor Giovanni Del Vino a fool"

"ok, I will call Mussolini"

"oh sire, there is also the ambassador from the United Lunat States that wish to speak with your highness"

"let him in"

The Lunar embassador enter the room, it was a really bright room, red and green colours were everywhere in the room, paintings of old glorious leader during the Civil War were habing everywhere, and in the middle were sitting Giovanni Del vino, Raffaello and Garibaldi.

"Sire, I rapresent the ULS, we would like to signa non-aggression pact between our nations"

"Tell Jupiter, that Italy will not attack the ULS unless they will attack us first, in case of war between Italy and Mars, the Italian spaceships will not bombard Lunar cities, we expect the ULS to do the same"

"I will refere"

And he leaved

"Uhmmm, if the ULS will not go to war against us, the Martian will have to stop their blockade, unless they want to fight us alone"

"I'm sure that M1 is reasonable enough to not come to war against Italy"

"I hope sire....oh By the Way... Germans reported us they have colonized a large area in the Antarctica... and they are claiming more territories in the middle.... including the area where are research base is"

"Tell the Germans that we support their colonization, we will remove from our Scientific base in the Terra Nova Bay, and leave the facilities there for German colonist"

"I will sure, where should we move the reasearch base"

"I was thinking at the spot in the north near the hook"

"uhmm that looks good sire"

"Yes... That area will be renamed: Capo del Sole (Cape of the Sun), in honor of our magnificent star, that always shine over the Italian sky"

"It will be done"

In short
1) Non agression pact between ULS and Italy signed, Italy declare that in case of war against Mars, we will not attack the ULS cities and forces, unless they will do it first.
2) Italy declare that if Martian will not withdraw their blockade aorund Phobos and Deimos in two years, it will be WAR between Italy and Mars.
3) Italy support German colonization of South pole, we moved our scientific base from german claimed territories, and left the facilities there for German colonist to use.
4) Italian Scientific base moved according to the map

Saluti
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	antarctica.gif
Views:	90
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	16503  
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old May 31, 2002, 07:51   #106
civman2000
Emperor

UK: The EMpress only accepted your "buying" of Deimos with the understanding that you would give up all formal ownership of it but instead rent the land for economic use.

To the Solar System:
We are not lizards, we are humans. In the many years since humans landed on Mars, the precursors of todays Martians took control of the lizards. Although they were driven from the colonies, it was discovered in the Empire that they could be controlled, to a certain extent. Now, they are treated humanely and often kept as pets.

We also believe that making Deimos an international spaceport would be acceptable. If this were done the blockade would be lifted.

THe Empress says that no Imperial funding of the Martian Party in the UK Colonies was approved by her and would be considered insubordination. Hpwever, she says that she believes they have simply discovered the Martian Way, and wish to become a part of it. Anyone who has lived on Mars for a few years has a bit of the Martian Way in them.

Old May 31, 2002, 11:30   #107
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

OOC: Err, thats a bit odd, ya coulda told us sooner. :P

I find it amusing that you would understand my buying of a moon to still leave ownership in your hands. I also find it amusing that you think the moons belong more to you then any other human nation, simply because you have the native race of the planet as pets. You have no more claim to them then any other nation, and the UK claimed it before you. With Australia and Italy claiming Phobos before you. Should the UK go claim all moon colonys on earths moon, simply because it orbits it? I don't think so, nor would the other nations like the UK much if they tryd. And that, is what you are trying to do M1.

I will give you one last chance to resolve this peacefully. Remove all colonists from Deimos and those in Australian lands on Phobos. Remove all blockades around either planet. And renounce and claim of ownership. I give you a few more months to have time to move them. After that all Martians on UK territory will be removed by force, any who resist will be treated as having attacked the UK, and will be dealt with swiftly. Do not think to push us around and take whatever you want. If you wish to expand your borders so badly, look to Mars, not its moons.

Oh, and the quarantine on your people still stands, we believe the virus may stem from those horrible lizard-things you keep as pets. Thus, our borders are still closed to you.
Old May 31, 2002, 12:21   #108
SKILORD
King

We Are colonizing Antarctica with Scientific bases, as well as millitary ones in order that we will have a base againse Australian Imperialism.
Old May 31, 2002, 13:43   #109
Cinna
Warlord

Australia has no desire to begin "imperialism" on Earth. A research station would be nice on Antarctica, but we can always sponge off Italy

Australia mobilizes for war because they realize that Free Mars is probably not bright enough to listen to the reasonable demands of the UK. Australia does not ask the help of Italy, unless things get really bad.

note: there are no Free Martians in Aus. Phobos, they are not allowed unless they renounce their citizenship. Free Mars has thankfully recognized Aus. Phobos as a separate colony that does not have to pay taxes to fascism.
Old May 31, 2002, 16:16   #110
SKILORD
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Cinna
Australia has no desire to begin "imperialism" on Earth.
I meant to allow a counter offensive should imperialism begin elsewhere.
Old May 31, 2002, 17:08   #111
civman2000
Emperor

We have not "recognized" Australian Phobos, but we have decided to list the blockade. ANd UK, it seems that everyone else understood that the deal did not include maintaining their sovereignty over the land (and that was why Australia never agreed!), good luck getting people that agee with you on that.

And I sent the order for the colonists to leave Deimos, but they sadly could not because of the quarantine.

I offer to invite France and Germany into the ETP, if Jupiter agrees.

My last offer on the Deimos situation is making it an international spaceport, and illegalize landing any troops except those using it as a short stop between Mars and the rest of the Solar System.

We have reason to believe the virus has spread to Phobos. Many Martians that have tested negative have returned to Mars, including most of the military forces there. To prevent further spreading of the virus we have set up a quarantine of the moon.

Old May 31, 2002, 20:05   #112
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Our quarantine does not prevent you from leaving Deimos, as our colonists have been kept seperate since we closed our borders to your people. Therfore they can leave any time. And since we suspect the virus from your own people, being among more that have it would not be a problem. We have only closed our borders, all citizens of your Empire are being escorted out of our colonys as we speak, I will leave you to remove them from Deimos.

As for the matter of Deimos, the UK would never have agreed had what you described been the case. We mis-interpreted it. And because of that, either want you to accept our ownership of Deimos, or all plans and designs for the Neo-Spitfire given back, production present and future stopped, and payment for the ones you have already made. We also will cancel our trade agreement. And it is your last offer before what? Do not seek to threaten us. Deimos will become a UK controlled space port, its services will be available to all nations, but it will BELONG TO the UK.

-Primie Minister- William the II, Former Naval Admiral
Old May 31, 2002, 21:26   #113
Thrusters
Warlord

Local Time: 21:15
OOC: CAN I BE FRANCE

AND THIS IS CONFUSING ANYWAY IF I CANT BE FRANCE WHAT CAAN I BE.
Old May 31, 2002, 21:28   #114
Giovanni Wine
King

LETTER FROM GENERAL GARIBALDI TO M1

The first year since the Italian ultimatum to Mars, in order to lift the blockade from Phobos and Deimos have passed.

Emperor Giovanni Del Vino is waiting for Martian answer, if the blockade will not be lifted the next year (TOMORROW in real life), the Italian Space Fleet will attack your ships!!

We remember Mars that Italy is in possesion of a large and very advanced Space Fleet that may probably be considered between the best and most effective between earth nation!

I Repeat: If tomorrow the blockade will not be lifted, our ships will attack your!

Greetings
GARIBALDI GENERAL

end of letter

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old May 31, 2002, 21:28   #115
Thrusters
Warlord

Local Time: 21:15
OOC: TOOK MY ANTARTICA IDEA PRITTY FAR LOL
Old May 31, 2002, 21:32   #116
Giovanni Wine
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Thrusters
OOC: CAN I BE FRANCE

AND THIS IS CONFUSING ANYWAY IF I CANT BE FRANCE WHAT CAAN I BE.
OOC:
Nobody has France right now!

I must inform you that Germany just left the Austro-European Pact and create a Franco-German Pact!

So now the Europeans Alliances are:
Germany + France = Franco-German Pact
Italy + Australia = Austro - Italian Pact

There is still cooperation between the four countries thou

IC:
Emperor Giovanni Del Vino, of the New Italian Empire, greets the French leader, I wish that our two great nations will cooperate together in order to create a better and more liveable universe for all species!

Saluti
Old May 31, 2002, 22:14   #117
civman2000
Emperor

1. I already lifted the blickade, look above.
2. UK: You cannot own Deimos. That is unacceptable. I call on the Franco-German Alliance and the ULS to make it into international territory. If you willingly make it international, you will be allowed to have greater influence over it than any other nation AND the spitfire designs will be returned.

And about us planting the virus, well we'd have to be pretty dumb to do that. It would just give you an excuse to kcick us out. In fact, I think it's more likely that you made it or that it is all a hoax for that exact reason.

Old May 31, 2002, 22:28   #118
Giovanni Wine
King

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
1. I already lifted the blickade, look above.

Ooops!
I missed that part... sorry!
I guess our country can live in peace... for what concerns me!
Unless the UK or Australia will go in war with you and ask for my help on behalf of our alliance with those great countries!

Fare Well M1
I'm sure that we will manage to live in cooperation for many years to come!

Saluti
Old May 31, 2002, 22:44   #119
civman2000
Emperor

Oh yeah, I forgot one thing: I welcome the new french leader and hope that, along with germany, they will ally with the ETP

Old May 31, 2002, 22:47   #120
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

We can and do own Deimos, you just seem unable to grasp that fact, Empress. Now you are calling on other nations to if not back up your claim for ownership, make it international territory? This all seems rather spiteful of you. If you wanted the moons, you had ample time to claim them beforehand. Just because other nations took intiative when you did not, does not mean we should suffer. Also, the spitfire designs and payment for spitfires you've already made WILL be returned if you do not reconize our ownership of it.

Also, I never claimed you planted the virus Empress, what are you being so defensive about? I said that the scientists believe the source of it comes from the native Martian race, found primarily among your colonists. Our scientists are still investigating it, but they are fairly sure it is not serious now. So soon enough the quarantine should be removed. It was simply a safety measures, we all know how terrible some viruses originating on other planets can be to humans.

This Empress is my final statement on Deimos. All colonist and/or troops left on Deimos will be removed, if they resist it is they who attacked us. The UK will have full ownership of Deimos, for rights of claiming it first and for having payed you even afterthat. Deimos will be a UK controlled space dock open to all friendly nations. This is what will happen Empress, no further debates allowed.

_________________LONDON TIMES_________________

Earth Related News Memebers of the UK Parliment were seen speaking out against the Prime Ministers negotations with the Martian people. They feel his negotiations have been somewhat irrational and are threatening to take movements if situations to not improve. Despite their complaints, the Parliment passed another year of continued draft among the colonies.

A poll issued by our agency yesterday showed that 57% of the populence supports the tough negotiatons with the Martian people, and only 35% would actually support a war. These are tough numbers for our Prime Minister, known for his blunt foriegn negotiations.

Colonial News

There seems to be a rising group among the people of the Mars colonys called "The Martian way". This group has gained power in recent months, and several colonial officials are members of said group.

Also in colonial news, the colonial forces are still increasing, but morale still seems high among most. When we asked a recent recruit about why even with a draft they still were happy we were told this. "In the colonies there are three main occupations, mining, farming, and the military. Mining is hard work, and farming is close, whats usually interpreted to be the easiest is the military, despite its strict regulations."

The mystery virus reports seem to be dying down, with scientists saying they may have interpreted a bit of harmless martian bacteria to be the cause of some earth illnesses. The quarantine closing the borders is expected to end soon.

General Annoucements

CAM development continues, estimated 1 year before prototype, 3 years before full operational capability.

Space dock construction slowed, with recent event involving Deimos, estimated construction time still 4-8 years.

Military drafting continues among the colonies.

Summary:

Diplomatic message sent to Martians
First London Times
CAM research time=3 years
Space Dock construction time=4-8 years
Military increases to Medium, drafting to continue still at a slightly slower rate
OOC: Heh, the not trying to win part is hard to shake off. But i'll try to keep all my stuff within the bounds of reality.

Last edited by ChaotikVisions; May 31, 2002 at 22:55.