Old June 15, 2002, 20:15   #31
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 12:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
OOC:
Quote:
tech advaance means advance 1/3 of an era, not one tech. I timed it with 3 turns in one day so that the tech rate would be realistic and have both the modern age and industrial ages end at exactly the right times. If you dont like that we can make it 1 day=1 year though...
Ah, right. I get it. I still think that having 1 day = 3 turns is going to be too fast though... /OOC

"Monsieur Premier, our diplomats report that Catherine had been overthrown in Russia. We have no idea what is happening there now."

This was Napoleon's Foreign Minister, Madame de Lau. Napoleon thought for a moment, then said,

"Keep me updated on the situation there."

"Very good, Premier."

"Anything else?"

"ONe of our merhcants has encountered an empire in the Middle East known as Babylon."

"Do they have any useful resources?"

"Not useful to, monsieur Premier. They have Iron, Horses and Incense, but we have all of those as well. However, we also have excelent wines, and they do not. Perhaps we should make an agreement to sell our wines to the Babylonians."

"Good idea. Send a diplomat to them with the proposition."
Old June 15, 2002, 22:13   #32
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 21:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
We ask, our friends the French, to aid us in constructing a stable governement.
Old June 15, 2002, 22:32   #33
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 12:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The French National Assembly votes to send diplomats and aid to assist the Russians in forming a Republic.
Old June 15, 2002, 22:35   #34
Cinna
Warlord

Local Time: 20:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Fine, I'll take England ... but we're a constitutional monarchy, and I'm the King! And we hate frenchies and Americans. But we like Babylon and Japan. Right now the King is contemplating on whether or not he should try and get his former 13 colonies back....