Old May 27, 2002, 12:37   #1
Aias
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power MultiplayerCall to Power II MultiplayerMac
Warlord

Local Time: 20:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Creating a Mod/Scenario
I would like to attempt to creat a mod for CTP2, but I have no idea where to start. I want to change a few sprites, put in a few tweaks, etc. So, I guess that I am asking where do I start? Can I import units from C:CTP? How do I incorporate other mods (AI frenzy, Good Mod, etc) into my mod? How can I create sprites? Also, would it be better if I started with creating a scenerio? I'm looking into creating a Trojan War scenario.

Also, I have looked through the forums, but I haven't found a good tutorial for SLIC. Where can I find one? And how can I do some of the work without screwing up my CTP2 install and the games that I am playing at present? Any help would be appreciated!

I'm inspired by all of the great work done here and want to try my hand. I basically have no computer programming experience, so it will probably take a while to have anything workable.

Thanks to all!

Aias
Old May 27, 2002, 15:28   #2
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 18:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Aias, I'm in pretty much the same boat as you are. I'm currently working on my first scenario attempt. When it comes to modding this game, this site is a huge help, the answers to pretty much all of the questions that you've asked above are somwhere in this forum. So I'd recommend doing a forum search if you haven't already. For me, SLIC programming has so far become the hardest part of the scenario creation process. Their are a couple of fan created manuals, as well as some (less useful) official activision documents. Here are a couple of links that I hope you find useful:

http://ctpmodmakers.250free.com/SLIC_Central/index.html

http://www.geocities.com/hexagonia/c...?1021664735360

Both of these contain manuals written by fans that have a lot of useful information. Hope this helps,

C