Old May 29, 2002, 21:49   #1
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Local Time: 19:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Announcement: TuxRPG is on SourceForge!
It's coming! TuxRPG, starring Tux, the Linux Penguin, is finally an opensource project on SourceForge.net! Anyone who wants to help with the project, please register with SourceForge if you haven't already, and post your SourceForge username and your skills here so that I can add you to the list of developers.

At this time, I will be taking ideas that will be put into the game from the project's message boards. Anyone who would like to contribute ideas, PLEASE JOIN THE PROJECT!!!

I am also needing people to help put together a website for the project as well someone to publish news on the project. If interested, PLEASE JOIN THE PROJECT!!!

This game will be distributed under GNU General Public License.

Thank you for all your support in the development of this project!

Cheers!
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Last edited by Mr. Nice Guy; May 30, 2002 at 18:16.
Old May 29, 2002, 21:56   #2
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Oops. Pushed the wrong button.

Edit, edit.
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old May 30, 2002, 18:17   #3
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

TuxRPG is an adventure fantasy role-playing game where animals talk and co-exist in society with human beings. Tux, the main character, who works for Linus Torvalds, is given a top secret assignment from his boss that turns into his biggest adventure ever! An unknown group of elite hackers is spying on major governments and trying to take over the world, and it is up to Tux and all of his friends to stop them. To do so, they must use some computer spying and hacking tactics of their own to unearth clues and catch the crooks! Overall, TuxRPG looks to be an adventurous game full of fantasy, suspense, and mystery!
Old May 31, 2002, 04:22   #4
Ari Rahikkala
King

Local Time: 04:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
How interesting. The same person advertising a GPL game and misusing the verb "to hack" in the same post. Somewhat similar to first making an ad of a car and then pouring motor oil into the gasoline tank of the said car...

Next time say "cracking" instead of "hacking". Please.
This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand
Old May 31, 2002, 06:23   #5
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Old June 2, 2002, 00:29   #6
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

This project's web site is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/tuxrpg.
Old June 2, 2002, 01:52   #7
SnowFire
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 20:37
If anybody can beat a 53.41 second time on the "Who says penguins can't fly?" level of Tuxracer, I will be impressed. My best time was only around 57 seconds, myself.

Was quite the fad in the lab a month ago, trying to get the best time on that course.
Old June 2, 2002, 02:24   #8
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 09:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloud9
Read the classic Hackers and be enlightened.