Old May 31, 2002, 13:35   #1
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 01:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Global Warming Failure
I'm not one to moan, especially about a game that is mostly very good, but I thought I might be able to "improve" global warming to give rising sea levels effects.

I was wrong, it seems.

In the editor I changed desert so it should become coast when affected by pollution.

So far so good, you might think.

But, I then started a modded game, giving myself 25 ICBMs at the start, and playing on a map made entirely of desert. I covered the whole place with radiation, the pollution "sun-meter" went to "BIG PROBLEM BOSS" ... and then I waited, and...

It simply doesn't work. I waited untill 1AD to be sure, and gave up. Has anyone else got a clue ?

I also tried desert changes to mountains, and THAT works.

Hmm, just complaining I suppose, but if anyone remembers a certain other game... They certainly CAN programme it if they want to.

Sorry about the long boring post.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 31, 2002, 15:47   #2
Fitz
King

Local Time: 17:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Can you change it to "desert ---> ocean"?
Old May 31, 2002, 16:41   #3
spy14
Prince

Local Time: 01:45
Im not sure global warming takes affect until after 1400 - 1500 AD, just a thought but in my last game i had the little global warming sun for ages before any terrain changed
Old May 31, 2002, 21:25   #4
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 12:45
Apparently Global Warming is created by the total pollution production of all your cities, not by the amount of pollution currently lying around.
Old June 1, 2002, 05:19   #5
Jethro83
Prince

Local Time: 11:45
If you want to test your global warming modification, then you simply need to build a hell of a lot of factories and coal plants. Also get the iron works if you can. Maximise shield production, and maximise population growth. Unfettered industrial boom, and uncontrolled population growth are the way towards global warming.
Old June 1, 2002, 08:04   #6
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 03:45
Re: Global Warming Failure
Quote:
Originally posted by War of Art
I'm not one to moan, especially about a game that is mostly very good, but I thought I might be able to "improve" global warming to give rising sea levels effects.

I was wrong, it seems.

In the editor I changed desert so it should become coast when affected by pollution.

So far so good, you might think.

But, I then started a modded game, giving myself 25 ICBMs at the start, and playing on a map made entirely of desert. I covered the whole place with radiation, the pollution "sun-meter" went to "BIG PROBLEM BOSS" ... and then I waited, and...

It simply doesn't work. I waited untill 1AD to be sure, and gave up. Has anyone else got a clue ?

I also tried desert changes to mountains, and THAT works.

Hmm, just complaining I suppose, but if anyone remembers a certain other game... They certainly CAN programme it if they want to.

Sorry about the long boring post.

-Jam
hi ,

in the editor you shall find the default terrain , ..............desert ,

a desert cant become , ......;desert , if you would start with mauntains or so , they become hill's , grassland , plains , and desert , ...........

have a nice day
Old June 2, 2002, 05:29   #7
AIL
Warlord

Local Time: 02:45
I don't really get what you meant... How do you imagine that something can become a coast without any water nearby?
Old June 2, 2002, 07:02   #8
Jethro83
Prince

Local Time: 11:45
A coast square is actually the more shallow water tile. There's three levels of depth in the water. You have coast, sea and ocean.
Old June 2, 2002, 07:27   #9
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 03:45
Quote:
Originally posted by LordAzreal
A coast square is actually the more shallow water tile. There's three levels of depth in the water. You have coast, sea and ocean.
hi ,

and there is a difference between land-locked , that is sweet water and not land-locked , that is salt water , ...........

have a nice day